Acidifying Foods Block The Release Of Growth Hormone

Bluebell

Fantastic. I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

When is the best time of the day to boost it? I'm thinking breakfast time is best?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Bluebell said:
Fantastic. I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

When is the best time of the day to boost it? I'm thinking breakfast time is best?

Yes, earlier in the day. I guess the first two meals would be best. Some people get insomnia from high dopamine in the evening.

Lin

How do you measure 5 mg? My can of BCAA says one scoop/serving is 5 grams. Should I buy a scale that will measure that small amount?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Lin said:
How do you measure 5 mg? My can of BCAA says one scoop/serving is 5 grams. Should I buy a scale that will measure that small amount?

Where did I say 5mg? I meant 5g of BCAA, which should be easy to measure with your scoop?

Kasper

I still have major doubts about this acidifying food is good theory.
I mean, why is meat and grains so acidic ?
Well, I tried to research this.
And it seem to be because it contains so much phosporous.

That would also explain why cheese is more acidic than milk, as there is relative more phosporous and less (alkaline) calcium in cheese.

When I talk with those green smoothie alkaline freaks, they tell me that Ray Peat is not completely right with his calcium/phosporous ideas, but that this is only true because calcium is alkaline and phosphorous is acidic.

Of course, people into Ray Peat would tell that this alkaline theory is completely nonsense except that it is not bad to balance "acidic" food high in phosphorous with the "alkaline" mineral calcium.

But ... still, all those foods that are acidic forming listed in the opening posts are high in phosphorous... and if you would balance that with calcium... then they become a lot more acid/alkaline forming neutral ... like milk is.

Kasper

Besides that... carbon dioxide is indeed acidic.

But that is why the buyteyko theory emphasises to consume enough of alkaline minerals such as calcium and magnesium. If you won't do that, your body will try to get rid of the acidity in the easiest way possible. And that is by hyperventilating.

That makes sense to me. Try eating eggs and meat and nothing else. Super acidic. And then try to maintain peacefull breathing. It is very hard.

I don't think CO2 is good because it is so acidic. I think it is good even though it is so acidic. If it wasn't so acidic increasing CO2 would be probably much more easier.

CO2 is good because it is a Lewis acid and tends to shrink the cell, and with Buteyko the danger is losing alkali with the urine (CO2 is behind the pump effect in kidneys like everywhere else). I don't think there is any net benefit in using high phosphorus ratio to acidify the blood.

Parsifal

Why is your blood sugar level a concern? Because your body produces insulin and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) whenever your blood sugar level rises. We know insulin helps regulate blood sugar, but did you know insulin is also a growth hormone? So is IGF-1, which reacts in response to insulin production. So more sugar eaten = more insulin produced = more IGF-1 produced = more cancer cell growth. Yikes! In fact, IGF-1 has been found through a number of studies to play a big role in promoting breast, lung, prostate, and other types of solid tumor growth. IGF-1 has a growth-promoting effect on almost every cell in the body especially in muscle, bones, liver, kidney, nerves, skin, lungs and blood. IGF-1 also affects the DNA synthesis within these cells.

So if IGF-1 is that bad, why does sugar promote it that much? I've also read that glycine is a strong promoter of GH? What about CO2 if acidifying stuff raise it? I've also read that milk stimulates GH a lot and that it is for baby cows, that humans should not drink it because baby cows grow very fast and very large compared to humans?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So if IGF-1 is that bad, why does sugar promote it that much? I've also read that glycine is a strong promoter of GH? What about CO2 if acidifying stuff raise it? I've also read that milk stimulates GH a lot and that it is for baby cows, that humans should not drink it because baby cows grow very fast and very large compared to humans?

Any amino acid taken without sugar will raise GH. You can find studies for arginine, BCAA, lysine, proline, taurine, etc. Elevated FFA or too much protein or amino acids all raise GH as they cause a stress reaction without sugar. Running on empty stomach is the most potent way to raise GH in humans.

DaveFoster