Acid to alkaline. For over a year I've experienced severe stinging on my scalp and it is tender, like an open wound, to the touch.

Superhumaness

For over a year I've experienced severe stinging/burning on my scalp and it is tender, like an open wound, to the touch. I've been 'Peating' and am on thyroid, oj, milk, liver, oysters, coffee. I see these are all acidifying. I have only been on the Peat for 4 months. the pain/soreness started in Jan 2021
At times when it is really bad my face can sting too and it can sting to pee. A friend suggested I may be too acidic. I've tried so many things. I really want to have a healthy scalp/body again so I'll try it. Other than lemon water that can erode tooth enamel is there a supplement I can take?

Also, does Peat have an email address I could write to him about this to see if he has answers/suggestions.

Yogi

I am no expert, but it seems to me that one of the best and easiest ways to manage this somewhat foundational idea is with a most common thing: baking soda. The reason I say I am not expert is because I only recently discovered the benefits of baking soda. "Magic bullets" often make sense on more than one level. In fact, some would argue and I might agree half the time, that when it comes to the body, if the substances ISN'T working on multiple levels, well it isn't worthwhile. The chemical makeup of Sodium Bicarbonate says it all: NaHCO₃. If you are new to the forum, as am I, there are a couple of things that are highly touted as of late: Salt and Carbon Dioxide. So that is the trifecta: balances alkalinity, delivers an essential nutrient, and contributes CO2.

I take 1/4 teaspoon - 1 teaspoon of Baking soda in water throughout the day depending on how I am feeling. Some days I do only 1 teaspoon throughout the day, somedays I do 3-4 teaspoons throughout the day. If you'd like to get more scientific about it as some people have you might also get PH test strips to test your acidity. I have read people testing their urine and their mouth, each of which has different implications depending on your level of analysis. As I understand it, the body's alkalinity can easily change from sphere to sphere. i.e.- your mouth can be acidic, your stomach basic, your intestines acidic, your blood basic... etc. etc.

OP
S

Superhumaness

I am no expert, but it seems to me that one of the best and easiest ways to manage this somewhat foundational idea is with a most common thing: baking soda. The reason I say I am not expert is because I only recently discovered the benefits of baking soda. "Magic bullets" often make sense on more than one level. In fact, some would argue and I might agree half the time, that when it comes to the body, if the substances ISN'T working on multiple levels, well it isn't worthwhile. The chemical makeup of Sodium Bicarbonate says it all: NaHCO₃. If you are new to the forum, as am I, there are a couple of things that are highly touted as of late: Salt and Carbon Dioxide. So that is the trifecta: balances alkalinity, delivers an essential nutrient, and contributes CO2.

I take 1/4 teaspoon - 1 teaspoon of Baking soda in water throughout the day depending on how I am feeling. Some days I do only 1 teaspoon throughout the day, somedays I do 3-4 teaspoons throughout the day. If you'd like to get more scientific about it as some people have you might also get PH test strips to test your acidity. I have read people testing their urine and their mouth, each of which has different implications depending on your level of analysis. As I understand it, the body's alkalinity can easily change from sphere to sphere. i.e.- your mouth can be acidic, your stomach basic, your intestines acidic, your blood basic... etc. etc.
Thank you, Yogi!! I will try it. When you say 'amount' throughout the day is there a maximum not to exceed?

Yogi

Thank you, Yogi!! I will try it. When you say 'amount' throughout the day is there a maximum not to exceed?
As far as I know, no. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I wouldn't worry about it when it comes to Baking Soda. The only consideration I make is not consuming baking soda too close to a meal as, generally speaking, you want a more acidic environment for digestion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals