Acid Reflux: Does It Get Worse Before It Gets Better?

DanielleB

Was following a Peat diet for about a month and noticed that the acid reflux was getting better...barely noticeable.

Then I did a week of consuming most of my calories through liquid: OJ and milk and after that week (currently), my acid reflux is very noticeable.

Is it possible that the 1 week mostly liquid diet lowered stomach acid so that its this noticeable? I'm back to eating much more solid foods to try and correct it but what I don't understand is that my temps are really high, great even, which if temps are high, and they were high during the week of mostly liquids too, then wouldn't that mean that metabolism is functioning well so why the major acid reflux?

Dave Clark

I have read that OJ can cause acid reflux in some people. Not sure why, maybe the acid content, or maybe some people have citrus sensitivities. Try losing the OJ and see if you get better, if so, maybe pick a different juice to use.

OP
D

DanielleB

I have read that OJ can cause acid reflux in some people. Not sure why, maybe the acid content, or maybe some people have citrus sensitivities. Try losing the OJ and see if you get better, if so, maybe pick a different juice to use.
The thing is, I was drinking 1 L of OJ before I did the week of predominantly liquids and never experienced acid reflux when drinking it then which is why I'm thinking the excess liquids is what caused the stomach acid to become lowered to the point where I now notice it after doing the week of mostly liquids.

However, its excessively bad right now and it doesn't happen just when I drink OJ, it's with any meal I consume except for maybe milk.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Possibly B-Vitamin deficiency.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Then I did a week of consuming most of my calories through liquid: OJ and milk and after that week (currently), my acid reflux is very noticeable.
This probably sped your metabolism beyond what your vitamin reserves could handle. Just a theory....

Dave Clark

The thing is, I was drinking 1 L of OJ before I did the week of predominantly liquids and never experienced acid reflux when drinking it then which is why I'm thinking the excess liquids is what caused the stomach acid to become lowered to the point where I now notice it after doing the week of mostly liquids.

However, its excessively bad right now and it doesn't happen just when I drink OJ, it's with any meal I consume except for maybe milk.
Just wanted to mention that I was drinking OJ for several months, never correlated the OJ to the reflux, but after reading about it I stopped the OJ and the reflux got better to almost nothing. I believe it was working on my stomach it a subtle way to the point of causing the problem, but fooled me because I didn't have reactive reflux when I drank the OJ. My bio-energetic practitioner tested me and said I was weak on oranges. So, for me, I will use other juices like pomegranate, tart cherry, etc. and see how it goes in the long run. For you, there is something not jiving with your stomach, but you should do some elimination to see what it may be, perhaps it is the citrus, which is a problem for many people. Good luck.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals