Acetylsalicylic Acid (aka Aspirin) Vs pure Salicylic Acid

I have the opportunity to purchase pharmaceutical grade Salicylic Acid and would like to know if its difference from regular aspirin (i.e. acetylsalicylic acid) matters when taking it for Peat-purposes.

A google search reveals people stating it's not the same but there isn't any more information as to the reasoning. Since we use Aspirin much differently than the mainstream, perhaps some of you know a little more about it and salicylic acid and whether or not they're interchangeable.

It is the active form of aspirin, and you will risk bleeding in the stomach if you use it like aspirin. I might eat a little bit but usually I apply it on the skin. It can make rosacea go away in about twelve hours.

Austin Resch

It is the active form of aspirin, and you will risk bleeding in the stomach if you use it like aspirin. I might eat a little bit but usually I apply it on the skin. It can make rosacea go away in about twelve hours.
May I ask if you have any sources or experience on the use of salicylic acid USP to treat Rosacea? I am interested in learning more!

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I have the opportunity to purchase pharmaceutical grade Salicylic Acid and would like to know if its difference from regular aspirin (i.e. acetylsalicylic acid) matters when taking it for Peat-purposes.

A google search reveals people stating it's not the same but there isn't any more information as to the reasoning. Since we use Aspirin much differently than the mainstream, perhaps some of you know a little more about it and salicylic acid and whether or not they're interchangeable.
Where did you find pharmaceutical grade Salicylic Acid?
How did this all work out?