Acetazolomide Good For Flu Related Chest Tightness?

I am taking 3000 mg of thiamine a day to increase increase CO2. I have acetazolamide. Im thinking of taking one. I’m doing bag breathing and that is very helpful

taking cyproheptadine
Lisuride
Methylene blue
Niacinamide
Thiamine Hcl

also thoughts on famotide which has some of the same effects ?

ken

I quoted you on your other thread,asking if you mouth tape at night. Also that mildronate produces larger amounts of co2 on a cellular level. I've found this very life changing over the last few months. But your list of supplements seem great. I did start an experiment with famotidine a few weeks ago. early results are encouraging.

OP
ecstatichamster
I quoted you on your other thread,asking if you mouth tape at night. Also that mildronate produces larger amounts of co2 on a cellular level. I've found this very life changing over the last few months. But your list of supplements seem great.

Sorry. I forgot to respond. I don’t need to mouth tape. I am able to take a coach and long ago stopped nose breathing. Great question.

Thank you for your post.

ken

Hoping you stopped mouth breathing and kept the nose breathing.

lampofred

I don't like acetazolomide. When I tried it I felt that it increased CO2 retention for a few hours but I had a rebound hyperventilation period the next day with even less CO2 than normal and excess oxygen.

OP
ecstatichamster
I don't like acetazolomide. When I tried it I felt that it increased CO2 retention for a few hours but I had a rebound hyperventilation period the next day with even less CO2 than normal and excess oxygen.

thank you, I was hoping to get an experience like yours. I don’t think I’m going to use it. There seem to be some issues in the literature with negative effects from people admittedly very sick but it is probably not a good idea. Your response clinches it. Thank you again!

milkboi

I am taking 3000 mg of thiamine a day to increase increase CO2. I have acetazolamide. Im thinking of taking one. I’m doing bag breathing and that is very helpful

taking cyproheptadine
Lisuride
Methylene blue
Niacinamide
Thiamine Hcl

Great stack. I take all of those except Lisuride, although not megadosing B1 right now like you do.

I quoted you on your other thread,asking if you mouth tape at night. Also that mildronate produces larger amounts of co2 on a cellular level. I've found this very life changing over the last few months. But your list of supplements seem great. I did start an experiment with famotidine a few weeks ago. early results are encouraging.

Awesome! I'm gonna do a trial of Mildronate in a few week for its sugar oxidation boosting properties, and therefore hopefully improve my overall health (in combination with Thyroid and the substance hamster is taking minus the lisuride). Could you elaborate on how mildronate effected you (both positively and negatively)?

lampofred

thank you, I was hoping to get an experience like yours. I don’t think I’m going to use it. There seem to be some issues in the literature with negative effects from people admittedly very sick but it is probably not a good idea. Your response clinches it. Thank you again!

np, glad that helped!

ken

Awesome! I'm gonna do a trial of Mildronate in a few week for its sugar oxidation boosting properties, and therefore hopefully improve my overall health (in combination with Thyroid and the substance hamster is taking minus the lisuride). Could you elaborate on how mildronate effected you (both positively and negatively)?

milkboi,

everyone"s different, I don't find any negative effects. There are questions, what's happening to the unsaturated fatty acids, does it really increase nitric oxide? The studies seem to suggest it stays in or effects the body for a long time. In any event something i was diagnosed with was congestive heart failure. So I had taken Peats's suggestion of Urea as a supplement.but last year I happened to read a deadspin article, "I doped like Maria Sharapova, and it was great". In re-reading the Peat articles, I realized he had mentioned it for years. I had fluid retention in my legs and it just went away after I started using it.

GAF

Acetazolamide is good if you retain water easily. Keeps the CHF and fluid in lungs away, as well as the gastroparesis.

The downside is the way too frequent peeing. So, if you take it, you have to watch fluid intake anyway, otherwise you have to wake up at night again and again.

A quarter of a 250 every other day or two is plenty, for me.

GAF

Mildronate is good if you are a frequent exerciser and need to last a bit longer. I don't ever notice any benefit otherwise. I save my capsules for exercise situations.

taking cyproheptadine
Lisuride
Methylene blue
Niacinamide
Thiamine Hcl

What are your waking, normal and postprandial temps?

md_a

Both COVID-19 and HAPE exhibit a decreased ratio of arterial oxygen partial pressure to fractional inspired oxygen with concomitant hypoxia and tachypnea. There also appears to be a tendency for low carbon dioxide levels in both as well. Radiologic findings of ground glass opacities are present in up to 86% of patients with COVID-19 in addition to patchy infiltrates. Patients with HAPE also exhibit patchy infiltrates throughout the pulmonary fields, often in an asymmetric pattern and CT findings reveal increased lung markings and ground glass-like changes as well. Widespread ground-glass opacities are most commonly a manifestation of hydrostatic pulmonary edema. Similarly, elevated fibrinogen levels in both conditions are likely an epiphenomenon of edema formation rather than coagulation activation. Autopsy results of a COVID-19 fatality revealed bilateral diffuse alveolar damage associated with pulmonary edema, pro-inflammatory concentrates, and indications of early-phase acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). HAPE itself is initially caused by an increase in pulmonary capillary pressure and induces altered alveolar-capillary permeability via high pulmonary artery hydrostatic pressures that lead to a protein-rich and mildly hemorrhagic edema. It appears that COVID-19 and HAPE both discretely converge on ARDS. In light of this, a countermeasure that has been shown to be effective in the analogous condition of HAPE is Acetazolamide. Acetazolamide has a myriad of effects on different organ systems, potently reduces hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction, improves minute ventilation and expired vital capacity. Other therapeutics to consider that are also directed towards decreased pulmonary pressure include Nifedipine and Phosphodiesterase inhibitors.
Acetazolamide, Nifedipine and Phosphodiesterase Inhibitors: Rationale for Their Utilization as Adjunctive Countermeasures in the Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Giraffe

@md_a , have you come across research that looked into the combination acetazolamide + progesterone? Years ago I have seen a study in which a progesten (not the real progesterone) + acetazolamide were tested for the treatment of COPD.

sugarisgreat

Ken-Can you list some of the ways Mildronate is life changing for you?

ken

Well as GAF points out acetazolamide has a more readily apparent effect. What I like about mildronate is that its very ground floor, pretty directly inhibiting the use of the long chain fatty acids for energy. Yes after a month it rid my legs of excess fluid. And I felt better. But their other research shows improvement of blood sugar regulation throughout. As Peat points out the brain is the largest consumer of sugar so its not surprising that their animal research shows effects on TBI and dementia. Interestingly its pretty well established that the compound lingers in the system for months.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals