Acetate to raise cholesterol?

Bananom

I have low cholesterol and I thought that since cholesterol is synthesized from acetyl-CoA, which is made from CoA and acetate, that i could raise my cholesterol and all other hormones by taking apple cider vinegar throughout the day or any other vinegar.
What are your thoughts on my approach?

aliml

Dietary acetic acid reduces serum cholesterol and triacylglycerols in rats fed a cholesterol-rich diet​

To investigate the efficacy of the intake of vinegar for prevention of hyperlipidaemia, we examined the effect of dietary acetic acid, the main component of vinegar, on serum lipid values in rats fed a diet containing 1 % (w/w) cholesterol. Animals were allowed free access to a diet containing no cholesterol, a diet containing 1 % cholesterol without acetic acid, or a diet containing 1 % cholesterol with 0.3 % (w/w) acetic acid for 19 d. Then, they were killed after food deprivation for 7 h. Cholesterol feeding increased serum total cholesterol and triacylglycerol levels. Compared with the cholesterol-fed group, the cholesterol and acetic acid-fed group had significantly lower values for serum total cholesterol and triacylglycerols, liver ATP citrate lyase (ATP-CL) activity, and liver 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA content as well as liver mRNA levels of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1, ATP-CL and fatty acid synthase (P<0.05). Further, the serum secretin level, liver acyl-CoA oxidase expression, and faecal bile acid content were significantly higher in the cholesterol and acetic acid-fed group than in the cholesterol-fed group (P<0.05). However, acetic acid feeding affected neither the mRNA level nor activity of cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase. In conclusion, dietary acetic acid reduced serum total cholesterol and triacylglycerol: first due to the inhibition of lipogenesis in liver; second due to the increment in faecal bile acid excretion in rats fed a diet containing cholesterol.

These can decrease cholesterol:
  • Serious illness, injury, or surgery – levels gradually increase back up during recovery [94, 95].
  • Bacterial, viral, or parasitic infections [94, 96]
  • Malnourishment (low-protein diets) [97]
  • Malabsorption, in conditions such as celiac disease [98]
  • Anemia (iron deficiency) [99]
  • Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) [20]
  • Liver disease [100, 101]
  • Cancer [94, 102]
  • Rare genetic disorders [103, 104]
  • Statins, drugs used to decrease cholesterol, can in rare cases decrease cholesterol levels below normal [105, 106].

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals