Acetaldehyde As A Cause For Chronic Migraines In Candida Patients

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you have reason to think that serotonin, for instance, is completely independent of acetaldehyde

Acetaldehyde is a liver burden and anythign that burdens the liver will reduce its ability to excrete serotonin and estrogen. I was just saying that for migraine sufferers acetaldehyde is probably not the main cause. I know quite a few people with migraines who never drink and have tested negatively for Candida, so it has to be something else.

tara

I know quite a few people with migraines who never drink and have tested negatively for Candida, so it has to be something else.
I think many people in the field consider migraines to be typically multifactorial and diverse. Just because it's clearly not the cause for some people doesn't demonstrate that it isn't causal for others. It could be acetaldehyde for some people, and/or other liver burdens for others, couldn't it?

I thought part of the point above was that you can get acetaldehyde without drinking alcohol if the microbes get a chance to work on sugars. Surely candida are not the only gut microbes that can do that?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think many people in the field consider migraines to be typically multifactorial and diverse. Just because it's clearly not the cause for some people doesn't demonstrate that it isn't causal for others. It could be acetaldehyde for some people, and/or other liver burdens for others, couldn't it?

I thought part of the point above was that you can get acetaldehyde without drinking alcohol if the microbes get a chance to work on sugars. Surely candida are not the only gut microbes that can do that?

It is possible, but aside from Candida most other fungi that can infect humans are quite lethal so I doubt somebody lives with chronic infection like that and worries about migraines. I am not downplaying the link, I am saying that for an anti-serotonin to help there must be more than acetaldehyde even if it one of the factors.

tara

It is possible, but aside from Candida most other fungi that can infect humans are quite lethal so I doubt somebody lives with chronic infection like that and worries about migraines. I am not downplaying the link, I am saying that for an anti-serotonin to help there must be more than acetaldehyde even if it one of the factors.
Aren't there other common yeasts that can produce acetaldehyde too - only seriously dangerous fungi?

I agree that there are likely other factors too.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Aren't there other common yeasts that can produce acetaldehyde too - only seriously dangerous fungi?

I agree that there are likely other factors too.

Well, the ones that can colonize the gut are usually pretty serious. Mouth and other mucous membrane openings can probably harbor less harmful ones. I maybe wrong, so if you know of other chronic yeast infections in the gut that can linger for years and overload with acetaldehyde please share.

tara

Well, the ones that can colonize the gut are usually pretty serious. Mouth and other mucous membrane openings can probably harbor less harmful ones. I maybe wrong, so if you know of other chronic yeast infections in the gut that can linger for years and overload with acetaldehyde please share.
Are you talking about systemic (and therefore dangerous) candida or other fungal infections?

From the posts on the first page of this thread, I wasn't thinking just of those serious infections, but of the variety of normal yeasts and bacteria that commonly hang out in most people's guts, in larger or smaller numbers. I thought the point of @Amazoniac 's posts was that if they get fed lots of sugar (because in some circumstances it doesn't all get digested further up-tube), they'll be fermenting it, and possibly producing a little alcohol and/or acetaldehyde in the gut, and that could be contributing to trouble?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Are you talking about systemic (and therefore dangerous) candida or other fungal infections?

From the posts on the first page of this thread, I wasn't thinking just of those serious infections, but of the variety of normal yeasts and bacteria that commonly hang out in most people's guts, in larger or smaller numbers. I thought the point of @Amazoniac 's posts was that if they get fed lots of sugar (because in some circumstances it doesn't all get digested further up-tube), they'll be fermenting it, and possibly producing a little alcohol and/or acetaldehyde in the gut, and that could be contributing to trouble?

It is possible there is always some acetaldehyde floating around from smaller fungal colonies. As I posted in another thread, chronic alcohol consumption increases Candida overgrowth and thus acetaldehyde on top of what alcohol will already do by itself. So, maybe this is a good test - if even a little alcohol gives you bad headaches maybe there is a fungal issue that needs addressing.

tara

So, maybe this is a good test - if even a little alcohol gives you bad headaches maybe there is a fungal issue that needs addressing.
I don't like destructive testing. :)

DaveFoster

LIsten , buds. You take tons of vitamin A only to kill your remaning potential. And you start writing about endotoxin poisoning LMAO
You take loads of it and you put pressure on NAD, while eating all this sugar non stop and sitting on your asses all day long.This must be a joke.

For the first time , you DONT test, you guess. There are at least 12 body chemistries, Peat is ONE. I know my stuff so dont come tell me what he thinks,Im simply NOT interested)) Im no t fooled by studies anymore

People are not just deficient in vitamin A.LOL Now tell me how is it going to be active if peoples pancreas are shot for running low on SODs and their digestion is ZERO? Cortisol goes UP so you dont die .Its there to save you)) This is when people take hormones to shut down stress. Guys ,FOOD needs to be balanced.

BOdy is regulatory, you give retinol and you lower all the cofactors BIG TIME.its not even funny
:cool:

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Simply taking away glucose consumption, as the authors show, can revert cancerous cells back into phentotypes with more organized structure; conversely, the authors are also able to show that healthy cells can be transformed into malignant phenotypes by just increasing glucose uptake alone. Furthermore, this ability to transform phenotypes of cancer cells via glucose metabolism manipulation is not dependent on arresting cell proliferation."

Well, one of your older posts stated the following:

On another note, does anybody know of an english translation of Warburg's works? It seems nobody has taken the time to translate his books from german.

Dave Clark

I haave read that pantothene, not pantothenic acid, is good for lowering acetaldahyde levels in people with candida. Don't have anymore info off the top of my head, but you can find it on a search.

tara

I've come across a few references to molybdenum over the last while - wondering if it could be a relevant one for me. I wonder if anyone here has noticed benefit from supplementing it?

Interesting. It mentions liver as a good source of molybdenum. All other sources are non very peat friendly though : lentils, beans, sunflower seeds, etc..
I think I could enjoy a serving of cauliflower every week or so - looks like a rich source, and occasional buckwheat.

Travis

On another note, does anybody know of an english translation of Warburg's works? It seems nobody has taken the time to translate his books from german.

Somebody had translated a few of his articles. This looks like a good one:

chimdp

I actually don't agree with Peat 100%, maybe closer to 70%. Some of his dietary recommendations on calcium and dairy have to be applied very carefully as they can be dangerous for some people. There are a few people here who got true iron deficiency from eating too much dairy and a lot of copper from seafood or taking supplements.

@haidut Bringing back on old thread here, but this comment peaked my interest due to personal experience... I was curious if you could expand on your recommendations on calcium intake and how they differ from Peat's. Either through too heavy of an effort at blocking iron absorption, low thyroid/PFS leading to nutrient absorption issues, and/or leaky gut symtoms I've developed extremely low ferritin (my level is 10) and bottom of the range serum iron, and %saturation. As I try to bring my iron back up and hopefully stop my excessive hair shedding and fatigue, I'm trying to figure out what to do with calcium. I don't tolerate dairy well and have tested positive on food allergy to egg yolk and whites so egg shell calcium probably isn't the best idea. In fact, when I did try it I reacted poorly to it (as well as other forms of supplemental calcium) such as nausea/anxiety, general feeling of unwellness for 3-4 hours after supplementing.

As of now, I've been doing fine with small doses of Calcium Orotate from Bulk Supplements and Brer Rabbit Blackstrap molasses (20% calcium, 25% magnesium, 4% iron RDA per serving). To make a long question short, I'm curious to your recommendations and sources for calcium intake in general and any thoughts/concerns given my situation/sources of calcium intake?

I'm also now taking OptiFerin-C (iron bis-glycinate) from Pure Encapsulations with food away from high calcium intake.

Thanks in advance.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Bringing back on old thread here, but this comment peaked my interest due to personal experience... I was curious if you could expand on your recommendations on calcium intake and how they differ from Peat's. Either through too heavy of an effort at blocking iron absorption, low thyroid/PFS leading to nutrient absorption issues, and/or leaky gut symtoms I've developed extremely low ferritin (my level is 10) and bottom of the range serum iron, and %saturation. As I try to bring my iron back up and hopefully stop my excessive hair shedding and fatigue, I'm trying to figure out what to do with calcium. I don't tolerate dairy well and have tested positive on food allergy to egg yolk and whites so egg shell calcium probably isn't the best idea. In fact, when I did try it I reacted poorly to it (as well as other forms of supplemental calcium) such as nausea/anxiety, general feeling of unwellness for 3-4 hours after supplementing.

As of now, I've been doing fine with small doses of Calcium Orotate from Bulk Supplements and Brer Rabbit Blackstrap molasses (20% calcium, 25% magnesium, 4% iron RDA per serving). To make a long question short, I'm curious to your recommendations and sources for calcium intake in general and any thoughts/concerns given my situation/sources of calcium intake?

I'm also now taking OptiFerin-C (iron bis-glycinate) from Pure Encapsulations with food away from high calcium intake.

Thanks in advance.

I was speaking just based on what people on the forum reported. Maybe those who got iron deficiency were already hypo and avoiding iron tanked it even more. Not sure, but it certainly happened to maybe 7-8 people posting here. Also, quite a few people here report issues with milk/calcium when intake reaches say half a gallon of milk daily. Could be from magnesium deficiency or something else, but again, I was just mentioning what others reported.

Ponce

I’d want to know something, Haidut. As you know chemical fonctionnement and industrial business in chemical purview, do you know if this is reliable and clean of all industrial stains? It’s about crystalline glycine, a French society. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ECCB0C02-9DCE-4BDB-81BD-86C6B84BB8FA.png
    ECCB0C02-9DCE-4BDB-81BD-86C6B84BB8FA.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 6
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals