Accutane Hair Loss (IGFBP-3)

thecaste

Someone on another forum stated that accutane causes an overexpression of IGFBP-3 which causes miniaturization of the hair. Is there any truth to that? And do you guys know the exact reason for hairfall on accutane and would you consider hair loss on accutane reversible? I Would really appreciate some answers or insights on the topic!

Someone on another forum stated that accutane causes an overexpression of IGFBP-3 which causes miniaturization of the hair. Is there any truth to that? And do you guys know the exact reason for hairfall on accutane and would you consider hair loss on accutane reversible? I Would really appreciate some answers or insights on the topic!
I don't know too much about accutane, past my son being on it for a year, before I knew better. I know it is extremely high in vitamin A, and of the wrong kind, which is not only hard on the liver, but accelerates aging in the skin too. I was on a hair, skin and nail vitamin for years, which was extremely high in vitamin A (beta carotene), thinking i was doing a good thing, and though it cleared up my cyst problem and I grew long thick hair, it was of the wrong quality. Getting to know vitamin A better, via Ray Peat, I stopped them and had to address my new hair problem through different means. I should think age, health, genes and diet would all factor into how an individual's hair responds to accutane, but the quickly aging wrong vitamins A speeds up the natural aging process of whatever one was inclined to do anyway. If you are inclined to turn gray or one to bald, you just get there faster with accutane. It is just a plausable thought..

LeeLemonoil

There are no mono-causalities in physiology. I’ve seen accutane users keeping their hair even when siblings and fathers had mpb.

OP
T

thecaste

If you search "IGFBP3" on this site you'll find some threads talking about it's relation to hair loss, one thread was this one here - IGF1 : IGFBP3 Ratio As A Predictor Of Male Vertex Balding

I don't really have a view on the subject, just helping you with some possible helpful info.

There are no mono-causalities in physiology. I’ve seen accutane users keeping their hair even when siblings and fathers had mpb.

My son kept his hair too, hence the age, health, genes and diet comment.
Thank you all for your responses! I will definitely look into the thread about IGFBP-3.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals