Acclimating To Heat

kyle

Why if body temperature is 98, when the weather creeps up even the 80s it can feel so uncomfortable?

It seems like a good warm temp would always be good but most people blast the ac if its availible.

Thus is kind of a niche question since most people are indoors mostly anyway. But since being in warm light environment can be healing, it seems reasonable that long periods of time in a warm climate would be more so.

Im curious how someone can more readily deal with heat when it seems reasonable to for example, sleep without the ac. But nobody does that anymore so they simply cant sleep in the heat. But how did people do that in the old days?

Even just 78 can feel really uncomfortable.

Is room temperature a kind of arbitrary level that we simply acclimated to?

Cirion

I have found that when my temperature is low is actually when too high temperatures bother me the most, generally.

This is because the body is trying to down-regulate metabolism due to whatever reason and is having a hard time doing so, in a hot environment. So ironically, someone who actually IS hot (high body temp 99-100F+) will be more comfortable in that hot environment.

I have also noted hot temperatures tend to make you sleepy if you have thyroid issues. That's because heat kind of artificially bumps up your temperature, but if your body can't handle it, it hits an energy crisis = sleepy. That, or it may boost GABA in some cases.

Thus that is why people tend to like cold. However, cold tends to lower your body temp and also make you run off of stress hormones which "feel good" in the short term and "wake you up".

OP
K

kyle

I think youre right.

There are still equatorial tribes living exposed to the elements, but their diets are well suited. Well, most of the world still gets by without much climate control.

I wonder if there is some positive aspect of being exposed to the warming and cooling patterns in nature.

I wonder to what extent people sitting in continuous 72f all their life might have on the metabolism.

If you struggle in winter, i think the long summer days help but artifial light and indoor temps might keep you in that winter mode.

Peat has talked on light but not much said on ambient temps unless im mistaken.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals