Acclimating The Gut To Aspirin

jaakkima

Hi, just wondering what has worked for other people here who have built up to a higher than usual dose of aspirin who may have had issues initially, what kind of doses and timelines to building it up etc.

I still am not sure what's happening when I take aspirin internally (in DMSO topically is ok) due to complex issues but it seems to produce a stress response of some sort no matter what I've done, with heart beating faster (not in a good way, and I already have a chronic tachycardia), but seems to be extremely important for alleviating symptoms and is much easier and probably better in some ways for my issues than topically if possible.

LiveWire

What you’re describing doesn't sound like it is the gut that need acclimatize, as that usually has to do with stomach pain or discomfort.

I’d be careful with aspirin especially with the issues you’re describing. Over the years I’ve seen people go hurrays on crazy doses of aspirin only to get off of it instantly after a few fairly credible studies posted here showing hazards not discussed before.

OP
J

jaakkima

The tachycardia is one of the many many symptoms from my gut issues. Trying to resolve half decade long struggle with blood clots from mysterious dysbiosis, irritation, sigmoid colon edema, diverticulitis, dizziness etc. I think I may have fixed the dysbiosis and removed irritating foods. Without aspirin my ability to even make any progress with symptoms seems highly limited and I've tried everything. Things aren't usually what they typically "sound like" in my case.

OP
J

jaakkima

I'm wondering if it's just radically increasing my sugar need, experimenting along those lines. The other times I used aspirin a lot, I was consuming other things that irritated my gut and having other issues that led to increased pulse, bowel issues, and clottinga; aspirin feels like it's affecting me way differently now, exactly the way it should... Will have to experiment more to be confident about this but I think it may just be a bigger need for sugar now.
Interestingly I often have had a noticeable irritation in the gut from aspirin in the past but it's not happening today or yesterday... Maybe the baking soda is helping...
@LiveWire Do you recall what those studies you're thinking of were about or where to find them?

Last edited:
OP
J

jaakkima

Yeah it seems it was just increasing fuel needs. I'm in disbelief about how amazingly aspirin is working on my symptoms, and none of the past irritation is happening at all it seems, I guess due to baking soda with it but perhaps other things I've changed. But have to also take a ton of cascara or it doesn't work. Seems like every time I post something, the reason for my posting changes right afterward.