Accidentally I discovered oats working well for me (so far)

gaze

uncooked cold oats is not a good idea. Even if its rolled, it should be cooked in water. In volkheiemrs persorption studies, one of the grains used to test was rolled oats, and they showed up in the urine of the subjects who ate it.

Perry Staltic

uncooked cold oats is not a good idea. Even if its rolled, it should be cooked in water. In volkheiemrs persorption studies, one of the grains used to test was rolled oats, and they showed up in the urine of the subjects who ate it.

That's what I've always thought.

GreenTrails

Did you search raypeat.com?

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/cascara-energy-cancer-fda-laxative-abuse.shtml

However, some types of fiber can exacerbate the problem, and some types (such as oat bran) have been found to increase bowel cancer in animal studies.
Thanks for this information. I ate oats yesterday, loved them, but the joints in my hands are hurting today. I've been trying to be aware of oxalates, etc., and I had noticed my hands were getting much better.

jet9

I tried to make no starch work multiple times. Two days it takes for me to feel like I am fasting.

Potatoes. Tried cooking above hour, puting lots of butter, lots of salt, organic, whatever still felt awfull.

Rice feels same as potatoes though less intense but I don't have bm until next day's afternoon.

Buckwheat mild constipation.

Sweet potatoes stoamach aches and nausea.

At some point I "gave up" and started to eat whatever. Accidentally I stumbled onto jar of oats and remembered during my cardio days I ate it quite regulary. Made porridge with milk, honey, salt and boom - instant energy, very mild mood drop and full bm immediately after which never happened with above mentioned starches.

On paper it suppose to be bad guy: phytic acid, high Pufa content, grain, etc etc yet it works very well so far. Is it the case with time and eventually eating it will catch up or I possibly have proper gut to digest it?

Thought I share and at the same time ask since food sensitivities were getting really frustrating. I'd boil potatoes or rice and knew whats going to happen after yet still ate because other options sucked even more.

Thanks
How did your experiment with oats go? Are you still eating it with good results (energy, mood, etc) ?

OP
U

Uselis

How did your experiment with oats go? Are you still eating it with good results (energy, mood, etc) ?
I had very bad outcomes from potatoes. Rice and buckwheat gave me constipation. Homemade quality bread here has bunch sunflower seeds so I was desperately running out of starch options. Tried no starch multiple times with different food combos to a point where I decided it's becoming too much obsessive lol.

Still good results. No other food at this moments cleans my gut so quickly. Mood is meh but I'll take that over passive agressibe feelings that for example potatoes produce for me.

It is also tasting awesome for me. I hear people calling it "eating chalk" ha ha. I boil it in milk, add salt, some butter and bunch of honey until it becomes gelatinous.

清貴杉山

Following,i just ate a bowl of oatmeal cooked with sugar cocoa raw milk and i added coconut oil and 1teaspn of gelatin, feeling pretty energized alredy,experimenting with oneself is really the only answer tbh

nomoreketones

I used to have horrible gastrointestinal problems with oats and I thought I was oat intolerant. But when I tried oats tested for glyphosate, no problem.

Vins7

I had very bad outcomes from potatoes. Rice and buckwheat gave me constipation. Homemade quality bread here has bunch sunflower seeds so I was desperately running out of starch options. Tried no starch multiple times with different food combos to a point where I decided it's becoming too much obsessive lol.

Still good results. No other food at this moments cleans my gut so quickly. Mood is meh but I'll take that over passive agressibe feelings that for example potatoes produce for me.

It is also tasting awesome for me. I hear people calling it "eating chalk" ha ha. I boil it in milk, add salt, some butter and bunch of honey until it becomes gelatinous.
Do you eat this source of starch and sugar with some source of protein?

Birdie

Do you eat this source of starch and sugar with some source of protein?
My husband has been eating oatmeal for 5 or 6 years for dinner. I wasn't happy thinking phytic acid. Then Ray started eating oatmeal so I relaxed. Husband's is with butter, milk, raisins, salt, sugar. Well cooked !