Accidentally I discovered oats working well for me (so far)

Uselis

I tried to make no starch work multiple times. Two days it takes for me to feel like I am fasting.

Potatoes. Tried cooking above hour, puting lots of butter, lots of salt, organic, whatever still felt awfull.

Rice feels same as potatoes though less intense but I don't have bm until next day's afternoon.

Buckwheat mild constipation.

Sweet potatoes stoamach aches and nausea.

At some point I "gave up" and started to eat whatever. Accidentally I stumbled onto jar of oats and remembered during my cardio days I ate it quite regulary. Made porridge with milk, honey, salt and boom - instant energy, very mild mood drop and full bm immediately after which never happened with above mentioned starches.

On paper it suppose to be bad guy: phytic acid, high Pufa content, grain, etc etc yet it works very well so far. Is it the case with time and eventually eating it will catch up or I possibly have proper gut to digest it?

Thought I share and at the same time ask since food sensitivities were getting really frustrating. I'd boil potatoes or rice and knew whats going to happen after yet still ate because other options sucked even more.

Thanks

Perry Staltic

The box says "whole grain oats", no other ingridients than oats itself.

So probably high in fiber. My guess is the increased fiber boosted butyrate production. Butyrate is colonocytes' main energy source (up to 90%), so the gut can't be healthy without it; it also facilitates gut motility. We get some from food, but most of it is produced by fermentation of resistant starches in the colon.

Perry Staltic

Here's an experiment you can try

If you'd like to add some interest to your resistant starch regimen, try overnight cold rolled oats. Just put the oats into a mason jar or other suitable glass container and cover with non-dairy milk (but not soy) or plain water. Refrigerate overnight. Add berries and/or cinnamon, if you like. This cold recipe will give you 8 grams of resistant starch. Cooked oatmeal eaten hot offers about half a gram of RS.

Last edited:

Elize

Costco now sells a sprouted gluten free roled oats which is great

GreenTrails

I tried to make no starch work multiple times. Two days it takes for me to feel like I am fasting.

Potatoes. Tried cooking above hour, puting lots of butter, lots of salt, organic, whatever still felt awfull.

Rice feels same as potatoes though less intense but I don't have bm until next day's afternoon.

Buckwheat mild constipation.

Sweet potatoes stoamach aches and nausea.

At some point I "gave up" and started to eat whatever. Accidentally I stumbled onto jar of oats and remembered during my cardio days I ate it quite regulary. Made porridge with milk, honey, salt and boom - instant energy, very mild mood drop and full bm immediately after which never happened with above mentioned starches.

On paper it suppose to be bad guy: phytic acid, high Pufa content, grain, etc etc yet it works very well so far. Is it the case with time and eventually eating it will catch up or I possibly have proper gut to digest it?

Thought I share and at the same time ask since food sensitivities were getting really frustrating. I'd boil potatoes or rice and knew whats going to happen after yet still ate because other options sucked even more.

Thanks
Gluten-free steel cut oats work well with me. I've cut all grains out of my diet, along with most vegetables, anything with high oxalates. From what I am researching, oats are low in oxalates. I think I'll have some today.

Perry Staltic

FWIW all oats are gluten-free. Whenever you see that on a package it's either just marketing, or it's referring to not being contaminated with gluten during manufacturing/packaging.

GreenTrails

Ah didn't know that.
I buy Bob's Red Mill gluten free steel-cut oats. I know that oats are naturally gluten free, but if it's processed in a place where gluten grains are processed, it could be contaminated a bit. The "gluten-free" are not easy to find, and they cost about $1 more, same size pkg. My oatmeal is almost done. I'm going to eat it with blueberries, half and half and honey. Yum!

Elize

Sprouting remove toxicity same as with nuts, beans and grains. Why some people can tolerate Ezekiel bread as they use sprouted grains

InChristAlone

I wish I could tolerate oats but I get insane cramping and loads and loads of well formed poop. It makes my bacteria overly happy I guess. Never been able to do whole grains without this response.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals