Accidental ingestion of too much thyroid

milushq

Hi guys and girls. How are you doing? I just now accidentally ingested 25 drops of thyroid medication, confusing it with Progesterone(which should be fine in those quantities).
What should I do? Is there a way of mitigating the effect?

Hi guys and girls. How are you doing? I just now accidentally ingested 25 drops of thyroid medication, confusing it with Progesterone(which should be fine in those quantities).
What should I do? Is there a way of mitigating the effect?
I have never taken thyroid, but I would be freaking out right now too. I hope somebody picks this question up quick.

I wonder if eating some cruciferous vegetables would help. It shuts the thyroid off for a time.

Korven

Which product are you using? Tyromax, Tyromix, Tyronene?

I wouldn't be too worried about 25 drops of Tyromax, that's only about 3.5 grains and its slow release. If you want you could eat some anti-thyroid goitrogenic foods like broccoli.

Korven

For some reason I thought you said you were using Idealabs products, if you're not then forget my response. But still the dose makes the poison so you would want to calculate if you ingested an absurd amount of thyroid hormone as that could be dangerous.

I once took 150mcg of T3 and nothing happened to me. In fact I barely notice any thyroid medication at all, only when I measure pulse there are differences but I can not perceive the benefits

InChristAlone

Either way be prepared to consume a lot more carbs (or fats as fuel).

Is there a way of mitigating the effect?
You can already start warming some milk. I would eat a lot so you could counter a stress response IF all the thyroid you took is actually doing something
Edit: as sugarbabe said above

SamYo123

Which product are you using? Tyromax, Tyromix, Tyronene?

I wouldn't be too worried about 25 drops of Tyromax, that's only about 3.5 grains and its slow release. If you want you could eat some anti-thyroid goitrogenic foods like broccoli.
Why would Ray peat recommonded broccoli for vitamin K after antibiotics?

lau

i vaguely remember hearing drinking sauerkraut juice would be the antidote.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hey @milushq
Update us on how you are doing.
I agree that if it's Tyromax, it shouldn't be a big problem.

OP
M

milushq

Hey @milushq
Update us on how you are doing.
I agree that if it's Tyromax, it shouldn't be a big problem.
I’m ok? Nothing bad happened. Just slept very peacefully))) Yes, I’ve searched the web and it’s not that dangerous in those quantities apparently. It was IdeaLabs product Thyromix.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Glad you are well. It's tricky. I have a lot of those white mini bottles and I have confused some before.

Since you felt so well, it might be a indication to trial a higher dose... Perhaps..

My doses vary significantly depending on season. I need so much more in winter and practically nothing in summer.

Best of luck.

OP
M

milushq

Glad you are well. It's tricky. I have a lot of those white mini bottles and I have confused some before.

Since you felt so well, it might be a indication to trial a higher dose... Perhaps..

My doses vary significantly depending on season. I need so much more in winter and practically nothing in summer.

Best of luck.
Yeah, I thought about it as well. I may need much higher dose, but surely not 25 drops?

Peater

I’m ok? Nothing bad happened. Just slept very peacefully))) Yes, I’ve searched the web and it’s not that dangerous in those quantities apparently. It was IdeaLabs product Thyromix.
Glad you're OK!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals