Absolutely best things for reversing facial wrinkles

OccamzRazer

Extra weight. Being thin, as you age, makes you look old and haggard. This is especially true for women.

As my mother often pointed out, somewhat crudely: by a certain age, you’ll have to chose between your **** or your face. Ugh.
Greatly depends on the person (and their gender, as you said).

Some people seem to belong to a thin, slightly less sexually dimorphic phenotype within which being thin actually makes them look younger.

Look at guys like David Bowie, DK Yoo, Muhammad Ali even. They're naturally thin (low-ish BF%) and look younger and better for it.

TripleOG

Aside from the usual advice about maintaining good thyroid health, a poster in one of the testosterone threads shared his experience applying test to the face claiming it restored a youthful appearance to a significant degree.

yerrag

Some people seem to belong to a thin, slightly less sexually dimorphic phenotype within which being thin actually makes them look younger.

Look at guys like David Bowie, DK Yoo, Muhammad Ali even. They're naturally thin (low-ish BF%) and look younger and better for it.
It may be ascribed to a phenotype, or it may just be as probable to ascribe it to a genotype.

But it could also be that having a good metabolism thst makes one thin also confers on the individual an internal balance that gives good distribution of nutrients to the face. The nutrients include sugar and oxygen, and internal antioxidants, and are enzymes and hormones that puts just enough flesh with no visible signs of edema and puffiness.

One may just have the right combination in a lifestyle that just happened to be the optimal mix of conditions.

But it would help a lot if one were to subscribe less to the plethora of propagated myths the US health landscape promotes with its endless supply of experts.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

AdoTintor

No idea if it affects wrinkles but yes there is research showing that 2 hours after applucation individual aminoacids are absorbed. And after about 24 hours mainly all of it. Dont know about sugar but probably as I know topical application of potatoe starch has been used with some reported success. I guess skin thickness and solidity will affect it but still doable. :)

I'm really excited by the idea of being able to locally apply protein directly to area that needs mending. I gather collagen has all the amino acids to some degree (apart from tryptophan) so I have put teaspoons of that in coconut oil, plus glycine. Are amino acids fat soluble? Should I be using some other solvent? I couldn't help myself and added some teaspoons of sugar to make a complete meal.

Random question: why is glycine tasting a bit sugary when it is meant to be a protein.

Apple

Shea Terra Yangu Cold-pressed Extra Virgin Oil​

• Emollient & Anti-Aging: The Maasai tribe where this light and potent oil was sourced from have relatively little to no wrinkles despite hours of direct exposure to the sun. Use of this emollient oil can make skin firm and glowing.

Eberhardt

I'm really excited by the idea of being able to locally apply protein directly to area that needs mending. I gather collagen has all the amino acids to some degree (apart from tryptophan) so I have put teaspoons of that in coconut oil, plus glycine. Are amino acids fat soluble? Should I be using some other solvent? I couldn't help myself and added some teaspoons of sugar to make a complete meal.

Random question: why is glycine tasting a bit sugary when it is meant to be a protein.
To these questions I unfortunatly dont have answers. I hope thoguh that mixing it with fat doesnt reduse absorption as if soluble it should make molecules larger. Sugar works and are used in skincareproducts anyway though usually in scrubs.

On glycine I find all aminoacids to have individual tastes. I find the same to be the case with mixed aminoacids and peptides. Hydrolized gelatin with petides tastes sweet dont know why

kaybb

That’s men.. . women’s skin is different. Less fat in over 60 yr old women equal saggy more wrinkled ... I’m 62 so in my crowd/family I see it all the time

OccamzRazer

Shea Terra Yangu Cold-pressed Extra Virgin Oil​

• Emollient & Anti-Aging: The Maasai tribe where this light and potent oil was sourced from have relatively little to no wrinkles despite hours of direct exposure to the sun. Use of this emollient oil can make skin firm and glowing.
Good stuff, have you tried this?

OccamzRazer

I do derma rolling once a week on my forehead and eyes wrinkles with 1mm depth, there are some convincing results I saw people had.
If you like dermarolling you may like dermastamping even more. I believe it tears the skin less.

Also you can use topical niacinamide before or after each session.

OccamzRazer

But it could also be that having a good metabolism thst makes one thin also confers on the individual an internal balance that gives good distribution of nutrients to the face. The nutrients include sugar and oxygen, and internal antioxidants, and are enzymes and hormones that puts just enough flesh with no visible signs of edema and puffiness.
Good point. This is probably what's going on in these individuals.

Danny Roddy seems to experience something similar. His face, at least, is both thin and youthful looking for mid 30s. (Pretty sure he's mid 30s?)

xborg

Lots of good responses that I won't take time echoing, but one fundamental principle is maximizing blood circulation in the skin. Three things that go a long way are facial exercise, which strengthens and tones the underlying scaffolding, (e.g. FlexEffect), dermarolling, which stimulates blood flow, collagen production and thickens the skin, and percussive massage (PM). PM can actually have a lot of the same effects as facial exercise. I use a handheld "Thumper" with a few layers of terrycloth towel to soften the thumps and treat 6 zones for 2 min each 3x/week.

I think feeding our largest organ internally is more important than topical treatments, though there are some of those that help. So, for me, high blood flow and muscle tone is #1 and keeping that blood clean and fortified with nourishment is a close 2nd. Last is short-acting topicals like DMAE, retinol, peptides, oxygen facials, clay masques, etc.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Lots of good responses that I won't take time echoing, but one fundamental principle is maximizing blood circulation in the skin. Three things that go a long way are facial exercise, which strengthens and tones the underlying scaffolding, (e.g. FlexEffect), dermarolling, which stimulates blood flow, collagen production and thickens the skin, and percussive massage (PM). PM can actually have a lot of the same effects as facial exercise. I use a handheld "Thumper" with a few layers of terrycloth towel to soften the thumps and treat 6 zones for 2 min each 3x/week.

I think feeding our largest organ internally is more important than topical treatments, though there are some of those that help. So, for me, high blood flow and muscle tone is #1 and keeping that blood clean and fortified with nourishment is a close 2nd. Last is short-acting topicals like DMAE, retinol, peptides, oxygen facials, clay masques, etc.
what do you think if serum like this:
Amazon product ASIN B07MZDCD6FView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MZDCD6F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

xeliex

Forum Supporter
A number of years ago, I purchased a Facial Flex for my mother. She had a stroke and it resulted in a facial droop. The device was for rehabilitation of her. After using the device for a few weeks, the muscles in the lower half of her face and her neck tightened her skin and decreased the depth of her facial wrinkles.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av6E49CJyS8

Worth looking into. Thanks for sharing that and your mother's experience.

xborg

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Looks like an interesting serum. My skin typically starts erupting if I use those as directed so I don't have much experience with them. I have found manuka honey based formulas very healing. e.g. Manuka Honey Night Cream with Bee Venom
i got acne too after awhile but i read that it passes so ill try to wait it out this time