absolute refusal to take verbal abuse from anyone anymore

jnklheimer

not sure what this is. since getting much healthier, i absolutely refuse to take sh*t from anyone anymore. It slowly got to this point where I would become more and more incredulous over someone going on a narcissistic rant at me, trying to belittle, trying to mock me. This is causing some issues because the people I don't take ***t from anymore don't like it.

There is one person in particular who I've asked over and over again to change their attitude towards me. They often get angry and lose their cool and say rude things to me, and then never really apologize. They are absolutely flippant about their attitude. Lately, I dropped totally the caring and nice attitude and flipped it on them. I began making nasty comments to them about their weight and their appearance, and the look of absolute shock on this persons' face was hilarious. It is amazing to see because they will flippantly make similar comments to me but the moment I start saying similar stuff to them they act so surprised.

But what the problem is, is I don't want to be rude or nasty. It is absolutely a defence mechanism. It is just the simplest path to conserve my energy without developing intense mindfulness, which I am working on.

PolishSun

You will be in this for the rest of your life. Get used or move to live in less modern country, the majority of people are or borderline crazy, or traumatized by the earlier mentioned ones and sick as well in modern world.

I think when we get enough energy, we tend to naturally try to get rid of that which is useless or harmful to us. Narcissists fit the useless/ hamful definition very well.

I don't know your life situation, but I would try me best to totally erase these people from your life. Much easier said then done, a lot of the time due to economic difficulties.

OP
J

jnklheimer

You will be in this for the rest of your life. Get used or move to live in less modern country, the majority of people are or borderline crazy, or traumatized by the earlier mentioned ones and sick as well in modern world.
I'm finding this. I sometimes don't understand where it comes from, and why they can't understand why I simply want a decent level of respect. It doesn't have to be loving and friendly, it just shouldn't involve shouting and attempts to mock and attempts to belittle. The most amazing thing is when I stand up and reject it, and give them a taste of the same medicine, how flustered and angry they get. It's an amazing study in character.

OP
J

jnklheimer

I think when we get enough energy, we tend to naturally try to get rid of that which is useless or harmful to us. Narcissists fit the useless/ hamful definition very well.

I don't know your life situation, but I would try me best to totally erase these people from your life. Much easier said then done, a lot of the time due to economic difficulties.
Thank you for the advice. I have my own business now so that positive reality is materializing.

Perry Staltic

You don't have to abuse the flippant douche bag; just tell him that you don't allow people who disrespect you in your life. If he persists, get him the hell out of your life.

OP
J

jnklheimer

You don't have to abuse the flippant douche bag; just tell him that you don't allow people who disrespect you in your life. If he persists, get him the hell out of your life.
I just invested in doge coin so the reality of independence comes ever so closer...!