Absence Of Salt/Sodium In Urine During Chronic Anxiety Episodes

Discussion in 'Metabolism' started by DMF, Apr 5, 2018.

1. DMF

DMF Member

Don't ask me how I know - but my urine has no saltiness to it during and alittle after these hellish anxiety episodes. It's as if water/fluids are passing right through me bypassing 'necessary' steps - kidneys - liver-spleen...etc leaving what I believe are salts and toxins flowing through my system in places or pathways they otherwise wouldn"t travel when I"m okay
    I feel a need to holler and scream for it can feel awefull
    Is my fight or flight mechanism >hormones that go with it messed up?
    Not happy with what Doc says or pills to treat it.

2. InterrogaOmnia

InterrogaOmnia Member

When I used to have panic attacks i would drink salt water. I was always surprised how little i could taste the sodium in a very concentrated solution. Like a tsp of salt in 20oz tasted like plain water. But the more i drank i would gradually start tasting the salt more and more as my adrenaline started coming down. So if you are tasting your urine or something during these episodes consider that.

3. michael94

michael94 Member

I noticed the same thing, not just low sodium in the urine but also very high ph ( ammonia ? ). Kidney stress is associated with anxiety

4. OP
    DMF

DMF Member

Yes - and I do feel a certain pressure on both sides where my kidneys are sometimes during these episodes, but not always.
    Are the adrenals adversely acting on the kidneys?

5. michael94

michael94 Member

Yea I think the adrenals kick in when the kidneys are shot and in stress mode

6. haidut

haidut Member

Anxiety is tied to elevations of serotonin. The higher serotonin increases sodium loss and decreases the taste for it. People who recover from depression often find they have a newly discovered taste for salty foods. A sodium/magnesium combination has been used clinically in the early 20th century for acute anxiety episodes. The treatment was IV but it was in a hospital and oral one at home may work just as well. I think the ratio in the administered solution was 2:1 in favor of sodium.