About To Experiment With A2 Milk After Over 20 Years Of No Dairy Products

Carrum

I have never had a problem with lactose intollerance but I have had sinus congestion and excess mucus in the throat if I have any dairy products such as milk, cream, butter, butterfat, whey, yogurt and cheese.
I have just read that A2 might be ok for somebody that is prone to excess mucus from dairy. I am about to experiment with small servings of A2 but I'm wondering if my body will have stopped producing lactase seeing as I have not had dairy for about 20 years?

OP
C

Carrum

I had half a glass about 15 hours ago. I didn't experience any of the symptoms of lactose intolerance but like I said above, I never had lactose intollerance in the past either. It seems I am ok on that score so hopefully it stays that way. Too soon to say I am ok on the sinus and mucus problems though. They have always taken 2-3 days of experimenting with a dairy product before they kick in.

OP
C

Carrum

It's been 8 days since I started my experiment. I've been having about 3/4 of a litre (pint and a half) of A2 per day and not had any sinus problems. It looks like I'm ok with it.
I have to have it with sugar or maple syrup. When I first tried A2 last week, I was reminded that I was never fond of the taste of plain milk. Yuk. :D

Waremu

It's good stuff. I get mine from an Amish farmer. As of recently, I have made the transition to raw goats milk (which the farmer also supplies) and I am loving it. It doesn't have the very strong goat flavor pasteurized store-bought goats milk has, and my body agrees with it perfectly. I still will have A-2 cows milk from my farmer from time to time, but mostly now just drink goat milk. Both are great and far better than the store-bought stuff in many regards. I also am happy knowing I support my local farmer. The eggs he sells are far superior to anything in the store as well. The yolks are a very rich orange color and have a taste no commercial eggs can come close to, IMO.

OP
C

Carrum

I tried it with honey, which is s definate improvement on plain milk. Maple syrup was better. Maple syrup and molasses together had a delicious, coffee like flavour but then I tried golden syrup. Two big teaspoons of it to a large mug of hot milk and it was the best. It's the food of the gods!
Golden syrup - Wikipedia

RisingSun

It's good stuff. I get mine from an Amish farmer. As of recently, I have made the transition to raw goats milk (which the farmer also supplies) and I am loving it. It doesn't have the very strong goat flavor pasteurized store-bought goats milk has, and my body agrees with it perfectly. I still will have A-2 cows milk from my farmer from time to time, but mostly now just drink goat milk. Both are great and far better than the store-bought stuff in many regards. I also am happy knowing I support my local farmer. The eggs he sells are far superior to anything in the store as well. The yolks are a very rich orange color and have a taste no commercial eggs can come close to, IMO.

That’s the best thing you can do for your health!
Make sure your milk and eggs are at room temperature when you eat them.
Ideally don’t ever put them in the fridge at all
(that statement is valid for raw foods only, never keep pasteurized food unrefrigerated, the bacteria growing on it will have nothing to do with the one growing on raw food and is harmful)

LiveWire

Why not refrigerate eggs and milk at all? That’s asking for trouble.

OP
C

Carrum

Update: Had to give up on the A2 milk quite a while ago now. I had no sinus problems at all but I started getting belly aches which just got worse as time went on. I'm not sure if it was because milk is fairly high in the FODMAP chart or because of lactose intollerance. I was taking several lactase tablets with the milk but it didn't seem to make any difference so I think it was the FODMAP thing as I do seem to have a problem wth several high FODMAP foods.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals