Abortion Rights May 2022 and why this should matter to you

Peatful

Can you connect the dots?

Why in the world would this come out of nowhere?
Why would Biden’s administration or the Supreme Court even consider this now?

Let me try:
If there is “my body my choice” in effect - upheld by the Supreme Court
How can I be forced to take a vxx and in turn - when noncompliant- it be found lawless?

This is a set up.

Please prove me wrong.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

OccamzRazer

What type of world do we live in, that such women are concerned about getting pregnant?!? They resemble estrogenic blobs.

beautifulahemwomen.jpg

OP
Peatful

Peatful

tankasnowgod

Can you connect the dots?

Why in the world would this come out of nowhere?
Why would Biden’s administration or the Supreme Court even consider this now?

Let me try:
If there is “my body my choice” in effect - upheld by the Supreme Court
How can I be forced to take a vxx and in turn - when noncompliant- it be found lawless?

This is a set up.

Please prove me wrong.

I think this is silly.

First of all...... what principle used in "overturning" Roe v. Wade (if that happens) would you think would be able to make a government force you to take a vaccine? You realize "My Body, My Choice" is just a slogan, and not a principle or maxim of law, correct?

Also, have you ever read the Constitution? You do know there are Separation of Powers in the Federal Government, correct? The Executive gets their powers in Article II, and the Supreme Court from Article III (although Congress does have the authority to create courts in Article I). Those two branches don't operate as one entity, and truthfully, neither of those branches has much power without the Legislative.

My suggestion would be to stop reading "news" sites like Politico, stop reading leaked drafts, and stop the wild speculation, and instead, start understanding the Federal Government and who you are, and the relationship between you and them.

Go re-read and understand the Constitution. Then maybe go read Roe v. Wade on Google Scholar (you can search case law, in addition to scientific studies). Get a law dictionary like Black's, so you can look up words you don't understand (many words have a different legal meaning than they do in common parlance). Understand the three legal jurisdictions granted under the Constitution (Common Law, Equity, and Admiralty), and how the courts today are operating. And also understand the difference between Public and Private.

If you do, you'll understand the government can't "force" you to do anything (although there may be some corrupt officials who try). They need your consent or for you to contract with them. They will be deceptive and even threatening to try and get you to contract, but really, you hold the power, and the founding documents of this country even explicitly state that the people are sovereign, and that the authority of government comes from the people. The real problem is that the people have forgotten who they are, abdicated responsibility, an have been tricked into serving the creation, instead of the other way around. The good news is that it's under your control to fix this problem.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

I think this is silly.

First of all...... what principle used in "overturning" Roe v. Wade (if that happens) would you think would be able to make a government force you to take a vaccine? You realize "My Body, My Choice" is just a slogan, and not a principle or maxim of law, correct?

Also, have you ever read the Constitution? You do know there are Separation of Powers in the Federal Government, correct? The Executive gets their powers in Article II, and the Supreme Court from Article III (although Congress does have the authority to create courts in Article I). Those two branches don't operate as one entity, and truthfully, neither of those branches has much power without the Legislative.

My suggestion would be to stop reading "news" sites like Politico, stop reading leaked drafts, and stop the wild speculation, and instead, start understanding the Federal Government and who you are, and the relationship between you and them.

Go re-read and understand the Constitution. Then maybe go read Roe v. Wade on Google Scholar (you can search case law, in addition to scientific studies). Get a law dictionary like Black's, so you can look up words you don't understand (many words have a different legal meaning than they do in common parlance). Understand the three legal jurisdictions granted under the Constitution (Common Law, Equity, and Admiralty), and how the courts today are operating. And also understand the difference between Public and Private.

If you do, you'll understand the government can't "force" you to do anything (although there may be some corrupt officials who try). They need your consent or for you to contract with them. They will be deceptive and even threatening to try and get you to contract, but really, you hold the power, and the founding documents of this country even explicitly state that the people are sovereign, and that the authority of government comes from the people. The real problem is that the people have forgotten who they are, abdicated responsibility, an have been tricked into serving the creation, instead of the other way around. The good news is that it's under your control to fix this problem.
What took you so long to respond?

I was going to tag you to invite your contrary opinion yesterday.

Well, call me just a silly goose.
Ignorant to the shadow government running the show....

Be it this is a distraction from the dismal democratic primaries.

Or this speculation from an attorney acquaintance.
Paraphrased-

“The Supreme Court term ends late June or early July.
So leaking it now gives the politicians a two month head start.
The Alito draft is from mid January.
This could explain why the media were trying to create a scandal to have Justice Thomas impeached.
The insiders knew this decision was pending and were trying to find a way to get a fifth vote (from the new Biden appointee).”

I think this is silly.

I don't know. I think I am inclined to agree with the original poster. I think this may be an attempt to set some kind of legal precedent about whether an individual has a sovereign right to choose their own treatment options. Particularly when there is another "person" that may be affected. It may be harder legally to say that a person is not allowed to make their own health decisions if another person is involved, when a woman is allowed to terminate a pregnancy. I can see them saying that you are not allowed to opt out of vaccination because it affects other people. I could be totally wrong but I do wonder if they are anticipating future court cases trying to fight universal vaccination.

Also, I am inclined to think you are wrong that the government cannot make you do anything. There have been several cases where parents were forced to give their child Chemo even though they were philosophically and or morally opposed.

I do, however, agree that if they can the powers that be always prefer to coerce or manipulate people into volunteering themselves. For example, my husbands work cannot force universal vaccination on staff that already work for them but all new hires must be vaccinated. So if you want to work for them you have to go on your own time to get vaccinated and then you technically choose to be vaccinated.

David PS

There were theories that Trump only got elected because he cut a deal that he would stack the Supreme Court with judges who would would overturn Roe v Wade. We will wait and see if this comes true. We will know which Judges voted which way.

Draft decision

PxD

There were theories that Trump only got elected because he cut a deal that he would stack the Supreme Court with judges who would would overturn Roe v Wade. We will wait and see if this comes true. We will know which Judges voted which way.

Draft decision
Why wait when you already know? Sotomayor, Breyer, Kagan, probably Roberts will be pro-abortion and Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett will be against.

Even so, overturning Roe v Wade I don't think bans abortion in the way that abortion activists are claiming.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Why wait when you already know? Sotomayor, Breyer, Kagan, probably Roberts will be pro-abortion and Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett will be against.

Even so, overturning Roe v Wade I don't think bans abortion in the way that abortion activists are claiming.
Correct

It just punts abortion “rights” to each individual state IIRC

David PS

Correct

It just punts abortion “rights” to each individual state IIRC

Or to Congress, to create a law insuring the right to abortion.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Back
Top Bottom