Ability to wake up early in the morning as a sign of high metabolism

Progress888

There is no clear cut recommendation for everyone. If you are physically active, you will need more choline because of Ach's necessity for muscle contractions. Even moreso for athletes, they can easily become choline deficient if they exercise a lot. Endurance activity is much longer duration and thus the total amount of muscle contractions can be much much higher.

Many people also have SNPs in choline metabolism and methylation that makes them need more. Some also genetic issues that make them more prone to the excess Ach because of SNPs in the enzyme that breaks down Ach (acetylcholinesterase).

So whether you deal with excess acetylcholine is really if you are experiencing symptoms of excess Ach. Are you prone to depression, anhedonia, ruminations, prone to overthinking?
Ah I see, thank you for your reply. I appreciate the information it is you have shared but no I am not "prone" to those things per say in a way that isn't directly related to an event triggering negative feelings such as a recent break up but even then and now I experience lots of pleasure just living my day to day life and seeing the progress I make in my athletic pursuits and artistic creations. and from generally just interacting/coversating with others as well as learning information all give me a sense of pleasure daily so I don't think I am experiencing any symptoms of having exess acetylcholine which is likely due to my weekly training regiment which starts at about 5-530am every morning besides for sunday.

But anyways thank you for sharing this information as it will be something I shall keep in mind and be more consciously aware of if I ever do experince such symptoms maybe if I cut my activity level down while continuing the surplus of egg yolks could bring those symptoms about.

But i'm not gonna run that experiment and find out lol and it's not something I do necessarily everyday or even always to those extreme numbers but I do, do it often and when I seen what you wrote it made me inquire just to make sure I am not doing something that could be harming me when I am doing it to help me.

But as of now I do believe it to be helping me and not harming me from my own subjective anecdotal experiences.

lebanesegirl

Hey, I've had the same exact feeling and recently did a sleep test and found out I have pretty bad sleep apnea. Maybe look into doing a sleep test, could be helpful.

ww3not4me

Know I have 3 kids and each one is different with regards to how they behave upon waking up even as toddlers. You can learn to get up and be productive. Just look at soldiers, fire fighters and policemen.

Now if you asked if the quality of your sleep and metabolism were linked I would be more inclined to say yes.

A better indicator would be resting pulse and temp. before you get out of bed.

LadyRae

I was discussing with a female coworker various topics and she mentioned how she woke up at 6am that day and was very productive. We are both late 20s / early 30s age bracket. In contrast, I find it very hard to wake up at 6am, I barely can get myself to wake up at 8/9, as I work from home. And even then, I'm groggy for a good part of the morning, up until 11/12am. While she wakes up at 6am and is all fired up for work at 7am.
My theory is that early risers are in good metabolic health, and how easily do you wake up in the morning is a marker for said metabolic health.
Fascinating observation isn't it? I, too, I have spent a lot of time thinking about circadian rhythm and sleep patterns and how it may or may not relate to metabolism. I read your post yesterday but I have been collecting my thoughts before I responded...

Little over 3 years ago I quit drinking. Many reasons were involved but one of the biggest things I noticed is that my circadian rhythm completely changed. Very soon into sobriety, I began to go to sleep and get tired around 7:30 to 8:00 p.m. every night. And then I would sleep hard for eight or nine hours and wake up around 4:00 to 5:00 a.m. feeling quite rested and ready for the day. I do like to drink a lot of coffee and I love the quiet mornings when it's just my cats and my dog and everyone else is still asleep.

Definitely my most productive hours of the day are from when I wake up till about 12:00 or 1:00 p.m. I do not get sleepy after meals.

In the late afternoon and evenings I do not do anything special regarding screen time, I do have a sunset setting on my phone so that it gets yellow around the natural sunset time, but I don't restrict my TV or phone usage. All I can say is that my overall health improved dramatically when I quit drinking and that my new circadian rhythm is evidence of this.

(And for reference I am a 44 year old mother of four, and 5 ft 10 in and 125 lbs)

LLight

Very soon into sobriety, I began to go to sleep and get tired around 7:30 to 8:00 p.m. every night. And then I would sleep hard for eight or nine hours and wake up around 4:00 to 5:00 a.m. feeling quite rested and ready for the day.
It may be vasopressin.
Alcool disturb vasopressin production I believe, while vasopressin is involved in circadian rhythms.

LadyRae

It may be vasopressin.
Alcool disturb vasopressin production I believe, while vasopressin is involved in circadian rhythms.
Yes, I am familiar with that mechanism as well. During that last year that I was drinking I was putting on weight for no apparent reason. After I quit, the weight came off really quickly.

These pictures are only 6 months apart...

Attachments

• 20210522_070544.jpeg
    20210522_070544.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 24

Birdie

Yes, I am familiar with that mechanism as well. During that last year that I was drinking I was putting on weight for no apparent reason. After I quit, the weight came off really quickly.

These pictures are only 6 months apart...
Wonderful.

IPlayDart

When you have purpose and a high social ranking in your life, waking up early is the easiest thing on earth. You just love waking up everyday and going to the place where you’ll get loads of dopamine and other feel-good chemicals.

I remember back in high school, everyday felt like the best day on earth, god gifts to men.

FrostedShores

Now that I think about it, I think you might be correct.

When I was younger, I woke up early without a problem. Also, fell asleep without a problem. For the past ten years or so, though, I've had issues getting to bed on time and waking up on time. Since I started eating in a Peat-inspired fashion, my sleep has improved quite a bit and I've actually been getting up earlier and earlier. Still not as easy to get out of bed as it was when I was younger, but definitely a step up from where I used to be.

IPlayDart

Now that I think about it, I think you might be correct.

When I was younger, I woke up early without a problem. Also, fell asleep without a problem. For the past ten years or so, though, I've had issues getting to bed on time and waking up on time. Since I started eating in a Peat-inspired fashion, my sleep has improved quite a bit and I've actually been getting up earlier and earlier. Still not as easy to get out of bed as it was when I was younger, but definitely a step up from where I used to be.
Because you’re not in your prime anymore. Life’s pointless after the age of 30.

golder

When you have purpose and a high social ranking in your life, waking up early is the easiest thing on earth. You just love waking up everyday and going to the place where you’ll get loads of dopamine and other feel-good chemicals.

I remember back in high school, everyday felt like the best day on earth, god gifts to men.
So true, I crave this feeling so much. I'm so far away from this, but I'll continue to strive to get there.

stoic

My life has actually improved significantly since passing 30. Growing up was a terrible experience for the most part. Being a happy, well-functioning adult has been quite nice.
Same here. Being an adult has brought me maturity, independence of thought and action, and the financial freedom to start building a life that fully reflects my goals and values. Nothing can beat that.