Abandoning the Ray Peat Diet

Zachs

Interesting, thanks. I did some googling and didnt come up with any real answers. The original study talked about gelatin but not specifically gelatin powders. I wonder if collagen powder would be any better.

Anyway i have only had benefits from gelatin supplementation, namely inflammation reduction and no sorness.

johns74

Zachs said:
I wonder if collagen powder would be any better.

Gelatin is cooked collagen. So it seems to me, if there is endotoxin in the collagen, there would also be in the gelatin.

treelady

That would be great if we could ask Ray. And if it's not endotoxins, then what is it?

I would love to take gelatin for the protein. I can't get my protein up much past 60 w/o it and I want it to even out my aminos. I tried boiling it in water (either type green or red can) like someone suggested but it doesn't work for me. It gives me diarrhea. I am laying off it for a while and increasing my carrots. For my aminos I am taking glycine capsules, proline/lysine capsules.

T

tca300

Gelatin by itself wont work for meeting protein requirements. The brain, heart and lungs for example all need a continuous supply of the ESSENTIAL amino acids, gelatin is not a complete protein source.

I'm really getting tired of people saying they gain weight on the " ray peat diet " I never remember ray at anytime saying people needed to get a large percentage of calories from fat. On the contrary he recommends a LOW FAT DIET for people wanting to lose weight or not gain weight. Stop eating crap loads of fat, and blaming your fat gain on him.