A1 Vs A2 Milk - Is The Devil Really In The Milk?

ARK

Actually Ray likes A2 milk if you can get it and has said that A1 milk may be a reason why many people are sensitive to dairy.
Raw milk is ok if you tolerate it ( esp if you can get A2).
Most dairy these days that is sold in the store is A1 so if you can find a source of A2 it is worth a try. It all comes down to what the cows eat.

If you are struggling with dairy, just keep trying different brands and sources. Most people can find something that works for them.

I look for organic dairy. Mostly I drink Clover . However, trick is to find dairy that you like and agrees with you.

cliff

Re: What type of Milk do you use

Where has ray ever said anything about a2 milk? Pretty sure he thinks it's pretty much all the same.

burtlancast

cliff said:
Where has ray ever said anything about a2 milk? Pretty sure he thinks it's pretty much all the same.

I've stumbled across Ray's work just recently, so i'm not very familiar with all his recommendations.

But i happen to know for a fact no one should drink anything else than A2 , after reading " Devil in the milk" by Keith Woodford.

There's outstanding scientific and epidemiologic evidence for A1 milk being responsable for a score of ailments ( heart disease, diabetes, autism, schizophrenia, allergies, auto-immunity)

kettlebell

burtlancast said:
cliff said:

I've stumbled across Ray's work just recently, so i'm not very familiar with all his recommendations.

But i happen to know for a fact no one should drink anything else than A2 , after reading " Devil in the milk" by Keith Woodford.

There's outstanding scientific and epidemiologic evidence for A1 milk being responsable for a score of ailments ( heart disease, diabetes, autism, schizophrenia, allergies, auto-immunity)

Another case of blame by manipulating and misinterpretation of evidence.

Most of us here are very familiar with the causes of the ailments you speak of and milk doesn't feature.

The big problem is that so many scientists base their research on long held premise that has always been and always will be incorrect. I have not read it but the author of "Devil in the Milk" probably believes one or more of the following: PUFAs are good (Especially Omega 3 fish oil of course!), Saturated fats are bad, Salt is bad, Sugar is bad, regular uncooked salads are good, wholegrain cereals are good etc. When people believe those things they don't even consider or just completely ignore the evidence that directly links those things to the inflammatory conditions.

burtlancast

kettlebell said:
Another case of blame by manipulating and misinterpretation of evidence.

I have not read it but the author of "Devil in the Milk" probably believes one or more of the following:

Whatever Woodford's beliefs, if you had read the book you would realise all he did was piece toegether the scientific evidence amassed by score of researchers before him.

So, from your perspective, is this another case of research by proclamation ?

cliff

You realize the only way to know your getting a2 milk is to get it from farms who test there milk? Buying jersey milk won't cut it as 50% of there milk is a1. I've seen the evidence and its weak at best.

burtlancast

cliff said:
You realize the only way to know your getting a2 milk is to get it from farms who test there milk? Buying jersey milk won't cut it as 50% of there milk is a1. I've seen the evidence and its weak at best.

Actually, the milk industry is quitely turning all it's herds into A2 cows. But they don't want people , in the meantime, to know the truth about A2 milk because the evidence is so overwhelming, it would cause the ruin of all A1 and A1 & A2 farmers in the world.

That's why they resorted to fraud in many A2 research experiences. Woodford has made an admirable job in exposing their sleazy tactics, and he doesn't exactly mince his words.

We are talking probably billions of $ in loss of revenue if Woodford's evidence is exposed accurately in the medias.

We will have to wait about ten years to hear the announcement all herds are now A2. Until then, there's increasing supermarket chains offering A2 milk, and A2's market share quitely rises without too much unwelcomed attention.

PS: a funny coincidence happened only 2 months after the documentary "White misschief" got broadcasted. Howard Paterson, the billionnaire new zeland businessman who had decided to proceed full steam ahead in the marketing and sale of A2 milk met a very unfortnuate death at 50 years of age alone in his hotel room: he died by choking on his food....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... id=3510994

cliff

I have not seen any farmers or supermarkets offering a2 milk, do these farmers have notarized certifications?

The only evidence for benefits seems to come from empidimelogical studies, which means it has no bearing untill they do a clinical trial.

cliff

"The second part of this review is a critique of the A1/A2 hypothesis. For both DM-I and CHD, the between-country correlation method is shown to be unreliable and negated by recalculation with more countries and by prospective studies in individuals. The animal experiments with diabetes-prone rodents that supported the hypothesis about diabetes were not confirmed by larger, better standardised multicentre experiments. The single animal experiment supporting an A1 beta-casein and CHD link was small, short, in an unsuitable animal model and had other design weaknesses.

The A1/A2 milk hypothesis was ingenious. If the scientific evidence had worked out it would have required huge adjustments in the world's dairy industries. This review concludes, however, that there is no convincing or even probable evidence that the A1 beta-casein of cow milk has any adverse effect in humans."
http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v59/ ... 2104a.html

burtlancast

cliff said:
"The second part of this review is a critique of the A1/A2 hypothesis. For both DM-I and CHD, the between-country correlation method is shown to be unreliable and negated by recalculation with more countries and by prospective studies in individuals. The animal experiments with diabetes-prone rodents that supported the hypothesis about diabetes were not confirmed by larger, better standardised multicentre experiments. The single animal experiment supporting an A1 beta-casein and CHD link was small, short, in an unsuitable animal model and had other design weaknesses.

The A1/A2 milk hypothesis was ingenious. If the scientific evidence had worked out it would have required huge adjustments in the world's dairy industries. This review concludes, however, that there is no convincing or even probable evidence that the A1 beta-casein of cow milk has any adverse effect in humans."
http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v59/ ... 2104a.html

Right there.

Woodford shows how they trafficked these studies. You have once again been fed a pack of lies by the medias.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxK3XBwDd9k[/youtube]

cliff

or you have been fed a pack of lies by individuals with a financial interest in a2 milk...

I would love to hear you make convincing argument for a2 milk

burtlancast

I'm just doing my share of putting the info outhere.
As far as giving arguments, you know the saying: "the devil is in the details"
I've read the book 3 months ago and found it fascinating. Don't ever let a child near an A1 glass milk.

If Ray would read the book, i'm FULLY convinced he would agree with me.

cliff

I'm fully convinced he would think it's rubbish ;)

I grew up on tons of a1 milk and was probably one of the healthiest kids at my school.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

burtlanst, thank you for bringing this subject up.

burtlancast

cliff said:
I grew up on tons of a1 milk and was probably one of the healthiest kids at my school.

You don't get it.

Keith doesn't make the argument ALL people drinking A1 milk will get diseases. There's always a certain proportion of the population more susceptible to a toxin, and it's them who will suffer while the majority will not show any harm.

He doesn't say either A1 IS the cause of all these diseases, but that they are probably multi factoriel and A1 is MORE THAN DEFINITELY one of these factors.

burtlancast

Charlie said:

Thanks Charlie.

Please help me here; they are being mean to me. :lol:

cliff

who cares what he says ;p

Let's see studies and evidence that negates the one i posted.

by the way I just gave that anecdote because i think depriving kids of milk because it's a1 is Idiotic. I'm fairly certain I would have been worse off without the milk.

burtlancast

cliff said:
Let's see studies and evidence that negates the one i posted.

C'mon, i can't possibly resume a 300 pages book for you.

But if you watch my video, you will notice at the end they are talking about a report whose summary wasn't included.
What they did is the report was actually favorable to the A2 hypothesis, so they simply left it out and wrote their own summary for the mainstream press.

When the author of the report, toegether with Woodford, complained to Fonterra about this manipulation, they added back the summary after many months on their website, then forbid public access to it.

That's how the game is played today ( and before).

kettlebell

burtlancast said:
Charlie said:

Thanks Charlie.

Please help me here; they are being mean to me. :lol:

Hi Burtlancast,

If my post earlier seemed mean I didn't mean for it to sound that way. I am always happy to discuss various subjects and try to do so without coming across as disrespectful.

I do however remain unconvinced at this time. But if I saw some really good evidence I would consider it. Ray Peat himself studied milk in great detail for a very long time and I would be very surprised if he had not looked at A1 and A2 in detail.

burtlancast

cliff said:
by the way I just gave that anecdote because i think depriving kids of milk because it's a1 is Idiotic. I'm fairly certain I would have been worse off without the milk.

How would you feel if you knew the milk you're handing to your child increases his risk of juvenile diabetes manyfold ?