A1 Vs A2 Milk - Is The Devil Really In The Milk?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling

gretchen

pboy said:
my thirteenth year was pretty bad....it must have been the shoes I frequently wore that year

Sure.....

I echo all that Burtancast has said. This might be something you will want to learn about, since milk is an integral part of the Peat diet. Life's too short to blindly follow....

pboy

I didn't mean to be rude Gretchen...I don't blindly follow, for example...about microbial enzymes in cheese, when I was at the store I saw some organic string cheese (I was like...I remember I loved those as a kid, and it looked good), I looked at the package...it said microbial enzymes...and I was like, oh well I'd almost rather eat that than calf bile (rennet), I'll give it a try. It tasted good, I still eat them, and the fact that it was made with microbial enzymes over rennet didn't make any difference. Peat told a lady in one of his interviews when she asked what she could do to keep a healthy gut and metabolism, he said "Eat foods you really enjoy, it stimulates secretions all throughout the digestive tract", and she literally said "and what foods are those?"..."it varies from person to person"....so I dunno, if you have a vendetta against and hate A1 milk then you probably shouldn't drink it for the sake of your health and sanity...but I personally enjoy A1 milk products and have no GI issues at all with them, in fact they make my gut happy

gretchen

pboy said:
I didn't mean to be rude Gretchen...I don't blindly follow, for example...about microbial enzymes in cheese, when I was at the store I saw some organic string cheese (I was like...I remember I loved those as a kid, and it looked good), I looked at the package...it said microbial enzymes...and I was like, oh well I'd almost rather eat that than calf bile (rennet), I'll give it a try. It tasted good, I still eat them, and the fact that it was made with microbial enzymes over rennet didn't make any difference. Peat told a lady in one of his interviews when she asked what she could do to keep a healthy gut and metabolism, he said "Eat foods you really enjoy, it stimulates secretions all throughout the digestive tract", and she literally said "and what foods are those?"..."it varies from person to person"....so I dunno, if you have a vendetta against and hate A1 milk then you probably shouldn't drink it for the sake of your health and sanity...but I personally enjoy A1 milk products and have no GI issues at all with them, in fact they make my gut happy

Why would I have a vendetta against A1 milk? That makes no sense. My issue with it is based on DECADES of experience.

4peatssake

gretchen said:
pboy said:

Why would I have a vendetta against A1 milk? That makes no sense. My issue with it is based on DECADES of experience.

But your experience doesn't a conspiracy make, Gretchen.
Food intolerance is common. What one person can eat with relish, another would perish eating.

Just sayin'

gretchen

4peatssake said:
gretchen said:
pboy said:

But your experience doesn't a conspiracy make, Gretchen.
Food intolerance is common. What one person can eat with relish, another would perish eating.

Just sayin'

Reminds me of the Blood Type dieters who are devoted to the "we're all different" meme-- "one's man's food is another's poison":
http://www.dadamo.com/

Even they are open to the idea that A1 milk is a problem.

4peatssake

I didn't say I was closed to the idea - just that one's personal experience doesn't prove a conspiracy exists or that something is "bad" for everyone.
Not sure how you can argue against that.

Our bodies are different for crying out loud and respond differently to many things. It's not a meme. :roll:
How you further connect what I said to a blood type diet is beyond me! :lol:

burtlancast

We don't know yet how dangerous can be A1 milk, as research has been stalled by the big dairy industries.

I believe the people refusing to look into the A1-A2 debate don't like to have their beliefs challenged, or don't want to make the necessary required effort. They wrongly assume one single person ( Ray) holds all the answers, and is never wrong.
Ray is indeed amazing, but surely, science makes leaps and bounds in every direction constantly, and what might seem certain today might not remain so tomorrow. Medical and scientific conspiracies are extremely prevalent; one single man can only do so much to keep up with them all.

Where i live in France i don't have access to A2 milk, but i still drink occasionnally milk anyway, keeping in mind i might damage my health. There have been throughout the last century reputable doctors who have observed milk was being deleterious for SOME people and precipitated diseases like schizophrenia, Crohn, diabetes. Russell Blaylock mentioned it on his presentation " health and diet". And i don't believe he's bought and paid for, or that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The best solution is to switch to goat milk, as it's always A2.

4peatssake

I will say that I believe that our food supplies have and continue to be poisoned by vested interests. Sickness is big business.
I'm pretty sure that's not lost on most of us. Just look at what we're all doing!

From what I can see the jury is still out on the A1 A2 milk thing and stressing about it - is well, just creating stress.
If you want to drink A1 milk drink it. If you don't, don't.

I'm with pboy and Ray Peat on this. The best thing to do is eat the best food you can find and afford that works for you and makes you happy while avoiding the really bad stuff, PUFAs etc.

Mittir

Did anyone try to get direct response from Ray Peat on A1 vs A2 ?
He never mentioned anything about these in any of his interviews.
I think it is odd not mentioning that he suspects A1 cause problems in some people.

burtlancast

gretchen

4peatssake said:
I didn't say I was closed to the idea - just that one's personal experience doesn't prove a conspiracy exists or that something is "bad" for everyone.
Not sure how you can argue against that.

Our bodies are different for crying out loud and respond differently to many things. It's not a meme. :roll:
How you further connect what I said to a blood type diet is beyond me! :lol:

I have heard "we are all different, what works for one person doesn't work for someone else" daily online for years, not just in the blood type group. However, One man's food is another's poison is their central dogma:
http://www.dadamo.com/media/century.pdf

4peatssake

Seriously?
Do you not understand that some people have severe allergic reactions to certain foods while others do not?
I'm aware of dadamo - it has nothing to do with my point.
Here it is simply put:
Just because you react to something Gretchen does not make it bad for everyone else! Same goes for me and everyone else.
In addition, it is important to eat what you like, not eat what you're "supposed" to eat. That's pboy's point and equally important.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mittir said:
I think it is odd not mentioning that he suspects A1 cause problems in some people.

IIRC, someone said that it did not concern him. But please don't quote me on that. I wish we could get a solid clarification from him on this.

jaa

Has anyone come up with a decent response to Mat Lalonde's critique of A1 vs A2 posted here a while back?

Gretchen,

Your claim that milk is a toxic poison because you don't feel good when you drink it is pretty silly.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
jaa said:
Gretchen,

Your claim that milk is a toxic poison because you don't feel good when you drink it is pretty silly.

:yeahthat

burtlancast

Mittir said:

There's a small but real possibility Ray recognises the huge vested interests attached to the A1-A2 issue and is avoiding putting himself in harm's way.

Again, i have absolutely no proof of that. But it's a possibility. He's an extremely intelligent man.

Mittir

This is really funny . I send this question to Ray Peat and got this response.
Question :
Dr Peat
I found someone quoted you in a debate over A2 vs A1 milk at raypeatforum..
"Actually Ray likes A2 milk if you can get it and has said that A1 milk may be a reason why many people are sensitive to dairy. "
Did you really say that somewhere?

Ray Peat :
"No. I think the only thing I have said relating to that referred to the people who claim that milk is related to autism, schizophrenia, and SIDS: "They are definitely a bunch of milk intolerant people, and they seem a little psychotic, so I see a connection," but the connection had to do with the mental health of the propagandists, not the effects of casein."

4peatssake

Mittir said:
This is really funny . I send this question to Ray Peat and got this response.
Question :
Dr Peat
I found someone quoted you in a debate over A2 vs A1 milk at raypeatforum..
"Actually Ray likes A2 milk if you can get it and has said that A1 milk may be a reason why many people are sensitive to dairy. "
Did you really say that somewhere?

Ray Peat :
"No. I think the only thing I have said relating to that referred to the people who claim that milk is related to autism, schizophrenia, and SIDS: "They are definitely a bunch of milk intolerant people, and they seem a little psychotic, so I see a connection," but the connection had to do with the mental health of the propagandists, not the effects of casein."

rolling-lol.gif

He's the best!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals