A Wish For More Energy

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I wrote a recent post here:

@Pompadour It's fine, my fasting BG seems to have normalized to optimal levels(under 100), and my body is able to quickly dispose of sugar, my BG readings don't go very high when eating high sugar meal, and they quickly go back to baseline.
I recently did a HOMA-IR score, testing both glucose and insulin.
Glucose: 92.6 mg/dL
Insulin: 7.36 uU/mL
HOMA score 1.68, indicating "possible modifications to insulin sensitivity". Perhaps my insulin levels are high, so will have to monitor that.

I started taking 12k IU of D3, after my latest bloodwork.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

It's so tiring figuring out the foods that I react badly too. How am I supposed to eat over 3000 calories?
Not eating starch/ bread is quite socially impracticable and I also react badly to some type of sugars.
Had some Taurine and Aspirin last night before bed, woke up in a better mood/ state. Then I had a shower, started warm and switched to mildly cold, I now have better energy for work. Could it have been the shower? Maybe.

When I did the Low fodmap diet in January, my bloating was reduced, but I didn't feel that much better.
I suspect honey, apple juice, syrups are causing bloating due to high fructose.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Have you a story of taking antibiotics?
Are you asking this with the rationale that they might have wrecked my gut?
I've taken antibiotics here and there:
- Last year, 1 week of Amoxacilin for a tooth extraction
- A few years ago,
- More than 10 years ago, for H. Pylori.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Been reading this advice on how a diet high in animal protein and salt is very beneficial for raising stomach acid. Anyone got any experiences?

brightside

Been reading this advice on how a diet high in animal protein and salt is very beneficial for raising stomach acid. Anyone got any experiences?
Answer this. How do you plan on digesting high protein with low stomach acid? Lol. Some extra meat isnt going to magically heal your digestion.

I mean, ofcourse supplying nutrients like zinc and chloride will help, but the issue in your case is clearly not a deficiency of those. If it would be, you would have fixed it long ago.

You keep going in circles with the diet stuff, and skipping over the metabolic derangements that put you here in the first place.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Answer this. How do you plan on digesting high protein with low stomach acid? Lol. Some extra meat isnt going to magically heal your digestion.

I mean, ofcourse supplying nutrients like zinc and chloride will help, but the issue in your case is clearly not a deficiency of those. If it would be, you would have fixed it long ago.

You keep going in circles with the diet stuff, and skipping over the metabolic derangements that put you here in the first place.
Betaine HCL seems to be effective in digesting higher protein meals.

LLight

I think this is an interesting study even if this is done on flies. It discribes a link between low stomach acid, low gut motility, lack of energy, insulin/glucagon issues. This is like metabolic syndrome for flies.

The conclusion might be that you need to intermittent dry fast (cycles of 12 hours dry fasts? Eating only in the morning and in the evening?).

A post with some excerpts, based on the preprint of the study: Water Structure, Osmolytes And Cancer

Last edited:
I know, but what does that fix? You missed my point.

Have you ever supplemented betaine HCL, zinc, iron or any other minerals?
You haven't made a "point". you're asking OP to ask the same question as you are, and doing it in a weirdly officious manner. If you have a bright idea aboutrestoring whatever function of metabolism you think is causing OP's symptom, just spit it out instead of demanding a troll-toll. I bet you will suggest either magic, or more supplements.

brightside

Tell me you have high serotonin, without telling me you have high serotonin:
You haven't made a "point". you're asking OP to ask the same question as you are, and doing it in a weirdly officious manner. If you have a bright idea aboutrestoring whatever function of metabolism you think is causing OP's symptom, just spit it out instead of demanding a troll-toll. I bet you will suggest either magic, or more supplements.

All I did was ask questions, lol. I don't have the secret solution to all life's problems, but I can analyze and I do know a bit about biology. Just read his thread, he's been going back and forth with the protein, carbs, and thyroid stuff for a long time already. Clearly, it isn't working. Betaine HCL will help somewhat restore digestion with one meal, but that won't magically fix problems. I won't spoon feed him information either, because unless he's actually interested, he will just ignore it as he did with the majority of advice in this thread. Just read his thread.

Doing something like carnivore will indeed help him if he has an immune component, which I would argue he does; but carnivore isn't a particularly good solution, and more of a band-aid. And obviously, extra protein and a properly digested meal is all good, I'm not saying it's not.

Last edited:
Tell me you have high serotonin, without telling me you have high serotonin:

All I did was ask questions, lol. I don't have the secret solution to all life's problems, but I can analyze and I do know a bit about biology. Just read his thread, he's been going back and forth with the protein, carbs, and thyroid stuff for a long time already. Clearly, it isn't working. Betaine HCL will help somewhat restore digestion with one meal, but that won't magically fix problems. I won't spoon feed him information either, because unless he's actually interested, he will just ignore it as he did with the majority of advice in this thread. Just read his thread.

Doing something like carnivore will indeed help him if he has an immune component, which I would argue he does; but carnivore isn't a particularly good solution, and more of a band-aid. And obviously, extra protein and a properly digested meal is all good, I'm not saying it's not.
High seretonin is nothing to be ashamed of. As a partial observer iI would say we bothe have high seretonin.
Main point: invoking the phrase Metabolic Derangement is my MK trigger, especially against another human being. The phenomenon of triggering is just so fascinating.
Other main point: Your allusion to fixing metabolism. At some point (maybe congenital) the damage is irreversibl3, and one seeks the best band aid. you're part of the small army encouraging people to assume they can fix their busted meatsuits, which is a bizarre and dangerouthhhh expectation.

brightside

High seretonin is nothing to be ashamed of. As a partial observer iI would say we bothe have high seretonin.
Main point: invoking the phrase Metabolic Derangement is my MK trigger, especially against another human being. The phenomenon of triggering is just so fascinating.
Other main point: Your allusion to fixing metabolism. At some point (maybe congenital) the damage is irreversibl3, and one seeks the best band aid. you're part of the small army encouraging people to assume they can fix their busted meatsuits, which is a bizarre and dangerouthhhh expectation.
Yeah, probably not, but it should be strived to be fixed ASAP. You read my words through a negative lens, how is that helping your life? You also view health through a very pessimistic lens instead of the beauty that it is. High serotonin creates the rigid thinking that can promote such perspectives. Again, how is that helpful?

I'm not sure what you mean in "Main point:"

Hmm. Your account is fresh, and you talk like you're right off of reddit. Do you even Peat, bro?
Who said the damage is irreversible?
How so? It is neither a bizarre idea, nor a dangerous one. It's actually completely illogical to say so. The most dangerous thing to do, is to be idle and waste your precious time not living life.

Say you have a metabolic inhibitor such as mold exposure. Such inhibition can often result in symptoms that OP has. Removing the inhibitor allows the body to recover and go back to a reasonable health state. You might have lost some % off your optimal health state, but you enter a much better state of living. Taking modafinil or some betaine HCL is a surface level band-aid. (I'm not saying OP has mold exposure)

You could also have genetic predisposition to such problems. Mikhaila Peterson is a classic example of that. Her carnivore diet is a band-aid but it clearly shows that her immune system has gone awry. The metabolic derangement is caused by that/is that. If it can be ameliorated, then healing can be done. The idea of irreversible damage is silly, especially in the context of Peat.

It's quite amazing what can be achieved once you re-establish proper OXPHOS. I really recommend reading Ray's articles: Ray Peat

Yeah, probably not, but it should be strived to be fixed ASAP. You read my words through a negative lens, how is that helping your life? You also view health through a very pessimistic lens instead of the beauty that it is. High serotonin creates the rigid thinking that can promote such perspectives. Again, how is that helpful?

I'm not sure what you mean in "Main point:"

Hmm. Your account is fresh, and you talk like you're right off of reddit. Do you even Peat, bro?
Who said the damage is irreversible?
How so? It is neither a bizarre idea, nor a dangerous one. It's actually completely illogical to say so. The most dangerous thing to do, is to be idle and waste your precious time not living life.

Say you have a metabolic inhibitor such as mold exposure. Such inhibition can often result in symptoms that OP has. Removing the inhibitor allows the body to recover and go back to a reasonable health state. You might have lost some % off your optimal health state, but you enter a much better state of living. Taking modafinil or some betaine HCL is a surface level band-aid. (I'm not saying OP has mold exposure)

You could also have genetic predisposition to such problems. Mikhaila Peterson is a classic example of that. Her carnivore diet is a band-aid but it clearly shows that her immune system has gone awry. The metabolic derangement is caused by that/is that. If it can be ameliorated, then healing can be done. The idea of irreversible damage is silly, especially in the context of Peat.

It's quite amazing what can be achieved once you re-establish proper OXPHOS. I really recommend reading Ray's articles: Ray Peat
Wow, maybe some of what you typed can actually be of use to me and OP. By Irreversible damage I mean the march toward death. No it doesnt need to be linear for you to observe it, though that would make it harder for you to deny. I've got no time for the new age talk though, or anyone trying to speak for the dead. If positive thinking comes at the cost of rationalization they can keep it. In my estimation, Ray aligned himself with reality, and that only looked like generic optimism that trumps what you can see with your own eyes. to people like you, although you would have to ask him.
Just to get an idea of who i'm talking to; here is a serious question; Did Ray Peat suffer from obvious brain insult and present as a man in his twilight years (you can include visual evaluation from The Back of the Tiger Doc.), in the last 5 years of his life or did he not?