A Wish For More Energy

M

metabolizm

If I'm eating pizza or wheat or high fiber foods, which I rarely do, then I will feel my digestion clog up again.

Same happens to me, without fail.

So how much milk are you drinking every day? Is it whole, raw milk?

Starches seem to screw up my bowels, so I'm considering upping my milk intake to ensure I'm not under-eating. I'm concerned about not being able to digest it properly, though.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Next week I will take the full week off from weightlifting. It will be my first rest week in 4 months of lifting.
Training for gains really is taxing on a healing metabolism

Vileplume

Next week I will take the full week off from weightlifting. It will be my first rest week in 4 months of lifting.
Training for gains really is taxing on a healing metabolism

How are you doing with overall metabolism/energy/mood? What’s your current diet? Love the updates!

Happy Thanksgiving.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

How are you doing with overall metabolism/energy/mood? What’s your current diet? Love the updates!

Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanks
Not in the US, so don't celebrate Thanksgiving though;)

To be honest, I have been spinning in circles with little progress. Waking up not feeling fresh.
Today I realized that in the short periods that I've felt better, it was when I restricted starch and ate high fruits and cheese. So I guess I have no choice but to quit starch for good and see how it goes.
At night before bed I often crave cheese and fruit.

Started playing with steroid hormones such as Pan & Andro, but I can tell it won't fix the root cause. They have mild effects.
Also experimenting again with low-dose Cypro:
  • 0.5mg / day for a week, I feel no perceived negative effect, no dopamine lowering, but neither positive
  • I will move on to 1g/day from no on

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I remember how I used to have a cold feet problem back in the summer. Lately, I've been trying several products from Idealabs, and my feet are now almost permanently warm, even if I am lightly dressed. Even if I go a few hours with little eating, they remain warm. Pretty much the only significant improvement I've had in the past few months. Can't remember the last time I've felt my extremities super cold. Over 2 months for sure.
Started using Tyronenne + Tyromix this week, so far promising results, especially from Tyronenne / T3. Guess I needed it the most, as it is effectively raising both my pulse and my temps.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Going to resume this journal. After my latest blood tests, I kind of lost a bit of faith in this dietary philosophy and started having doubts & craving avocado's, thinking what if MUFAs are better than SFA and other rationalizations. But I realized I really have got to fix my digestion/ chronic bloating. Also have to consistently eat a nutrient-rich diet and cook more often.
Everytime I feel a little better, my hopes are rising, telling myself this time I will fix my digestion, but I always dip back into helplessness.
Took 0.5mg of Cypro + 2mg Lisuride last night, slept 10 hours, woke up more refreshed and more optimistic about life. Definitely low serotonin symptoms.

Vileplume

Going to resume this journal. After my latest blood tests, I kind of lost a bit of faith in this dietary philosophy and started having doubts & craving avocado's, thinking what if MUFAs are better than SFA and other rationalizations. But I realized I really have got to fix my digestion/ chronic bloating. Also have to consistently eat a nutrient-rich diet and cook more often.
Everytime I feel a little better, my hopes are rising, telling myself this time I will fix my digestion, but I always dip back into helplessness.
Took 0.5mg of Cypro + 2mg Lisuride last night, slept 10 hours, woke up more refreshed and more optimistic about life. Definitely low serotonin symptoms.
Digestion is king

ursidae

Another thing about avocado is the good amount of lipase it contains. I think it’s a good idea to have a balance between raw and cooked food. Pineapple and papaya with meat; avocado with a fatty cooked meal, banana/mango with a starch meal. There’s definitely something to raw foods
You could also take digestive enzymes but those are kind of aggressive

jet9

Another thing about avocado is the good amount of lipase it contains. I think it’s a good idea to have a balance between raw and cooked food. Pineapple and papaya with meat; avocado with a fatty cooked meal, banana/mango with a starch meal. There’s definitely something to raw foods
+1 to that. I would also add kiwi to the list. Studies show that kiwi/pineapple help with protein digestion. (papaya to a lesser degree)

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Yeah, I always crave pineapple fruit or juice, must be the reason.
I took another attempt at using charcoal, and have to say it is a quite effective aid. Didn't remember last time to have such an effect.
My digestion must be so slow, I think it takes me 2-3 days to fully digest food and eliminate waste.

gaze

you say you can handle the fiber from fruits, but you also say your digestion's messed up. A foods effects can be felt for days after, so I think your actually not handling the fiber well at all. pineapple can be like glass in the intestine for some people. the more and more i expierment for good digestion, i find myself getting closer and closer to peats exact reccomendstions. milk, oj, cheese, sometimes white rice, shellfish, ice cream, carrot with olive oil (this is where you can get your mufas) , occasional brewers yeast, occasional cascara, 0 supplements besides vitamin D. I find most whole fruit to set me back a bitdigesrive wise, even well cooked whole grains digest better than slightly under ripe whole fruit

Vins7

you say you can handle the fiber from fruits, but you also say your digestion's messed up. A foods effects can be felt for days after, so I think your actually not handling the fiber well at all. pineapple can be like glass in the intestine for some people. the more and more i expierment for good digestion, i find myself getting closer and closer to peats exact reccomendstions. milk, oj, cheese, sometimes white rice, shellfish, ice cream, carrot with olive oil (this is where you can get your mufas) , occasional brewers yeast, occasional cascara, 0 supplements besides vitamin D. I find most whole fruit to set me back a bitdigesrive wise, even well cooked whole grains digest better than slightly under ripe whole fruit

do not constipate with a diet without fiber?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I find cheese to be potently constipating too.
@Vins7 Personally for me, fiber from beans and vegetables were the worst for me in terms of constipation.
It's already well established the fiber myth, most do better on a reduced fiber diet.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Took a selfie last night and reflected on my health state. Noticed I look more androgenic, eyebrows look thick (not that I remember them not being thick), likely due to better thyroid function, beard stubble looking a bit thicker, perhaps from taking Andro for the past months.
Main focus right now is to get a hold of some antibiotics to try for my gut issues.

20210127_120958.jpg

David90

Took a selfie last night and reflected on my health state. Noticed I look more androgenic, eyebrows look thick (not that I remember them not being thick), likely due to better thyroid function, beard stubble looking a bit thicker, perhaps from taking Andro for the past months.
Main focus right now is to get a hold of some antibiotics to try for my gut issues.

View attachment 21422
Definetly noticing the Thicker Eyebrows and Beard. I Wish my Beard could grow like that.....:D

Yeah, dropping the Antibiotics would be a good Idea. Maybe throwing in some Raw Carrot Salad 2-3 Times per Week for a Month or Two.

It really seems most People do well on Low-Fiber Diets. Since High Fiber Diets CAN increase SHBG (Blood Test showed it back in 2016)
Personally, i think a range from 15-25g of Fiber to be Optimal.
I've ran both High and Low Fiber Diets and i find (personally) the Lower/Medium Fiber Diet better. Aesthetically (Less Bloating) and Hormonally (better SHBG/Androgens).....

Last edited:

Vins7

Definetly noticing the Thicker Eyebrows and Beard. I Wish my Beard could grow like that.....:D

Yeah, dropping the Antibiotics would be a good Idea. Maybe throwing in some Raw Carrot Salad 2-3 Times per Week for a Month or Two.
Did you noticed an important change eating carrot salad for 2-3 months?

David90

Did you noticed an important change eating carrot salad for 2-3 months?
Yes. In a other Thread in the Past, someone asked (i think it was @metabolizm) if someone noticed changes from eating Raw Carrot Salad. I have done this regulary before my latest Blood Test (End of October 2020) and it showed a E2 at 19 pg/ml. Which is the Lowest i have ever had in my Entire Blood Testing Time....

Vins7

Yes. In a other Thread in the Past, someone asked (i think it was @metabolizm) if someone noticed changes from eating Raw Carrot Salad. I have done this regulary before my latest Blood Test (End of October 2020) and it showed a E2 at 19 pg/ml. Which is the Lowest i have ever had in my Entire Blood Testing Time....
But, some type of improvement like less bloating/endotoxin/better libido?