A Wish For More Energy

Vileplume

simple. if you carve milk, drink it until you dont crave it anymore. any real problems that come from a food come from eating it when you don't crave it. if you crave it and you have a response to it, it is likely that healing is being initiated in the body. also, most food allergy problems come when not consuming enough energy alongside that food and also being in an energy deficet (chronic dieting or stress induced undereating). Try milk but mix it half and half with cream. Try 2 cups milk 2 cups cream 2 cups maple syrup and two cups eggs. No way youll experience the same effects.
2 cups maple syrup?? We gettin wild. I always though a tbsp or 2 of maple syrup per cup of milk would be plenty, maybe I’ve been under-doing it.

B___Danny

2 cups maple syrup?? We gettin wild. I always though a tbsp or 2 of maple syrup per cup of milk would be plenty, maybe I’ve been under-doing it.
You wouldnt be able to eat it all in one day, but you can try. Its basically the same calories and macros and ingredients as ice cream but way more nutritious especially if all the ingredients are raw.

Vileplume

You wouldnt be able to eat it all in one day, but you can try. Its basically the same calories and macros and ingredients as ice cream but way more nutritious especially if all the ingredients are raw.

I do get the idea you mentioned in your first post with the ingredients, which I've heard echoed a few other times in this forum: the energy intake needs to be more than enough to accommodate the protein intake. For many people, myself included, this means eating way more carbs than proteins. Many of my problems may be stemming from the fact that I'm not consuming enough carbs to balance out my animal protein consumption. I'm going to try largely increasing my carb intake, mainly through fruits and juice, and see how this goes.

B___Danny

I do get the idea you mentioned in your first post with the ingredients, which I've heard echoed a few other times in this forum: the energy intake needs to be more than enough to accommodate the protein intake. For many people, myself included, this means eating way more carbs than proteins. Many of my problems may be stemming from the fact that I'm not consuming enough carbs to balance out my animal protein consumption. I'm going to try largely increasing my carb intake, mainly through fruits and juice, and see how this goes.
It doesnt necessarily need to be carbs. They are just valuable because they are digested quicker than fats. The real problem is that protein takes A LOT of energy to digest, therefore it is easy to enter a catabolic state in which your body has to eat its own fat tissue in order to provide energy for the digestion. This is fine in the short term but long term coupled with an energy deficet can lead to negative consequences. This explans why we dont usually crave meat (especially lean meat) first thing in the morning after the overnight fast. We are depleted of triglycerides in the blood and liver glycogen storage. IThe native americans used to call this "rabbit starvation" because no matter how much rabbit they ate they kept losing weight. Essentailly, make sure you eat plentiful energy when eating a protein source.

Markus

I've been back and forth 18327 times now with milk.

It goes like this:

I go on here and read a bunch of testimonials about the awesomeness of milk and how it actually is a superfood for humans... It's a complete food, warms you up like nothing else, doesn't cause any problems with endotoxin/serotonin, long-lived people drink lots of milk, it feeds harmless gut bacteria, if you can't tolerate milk it's your problem - not the milk, and so on.

So I start drinking milk while listening to interviews with Ray Peat and am amazed at how smart he is. I feel great on it initially, it tastes delicious and I get nice warm feet and hands, so I come on here to tell other people how great milk is.

A few days go by and I get maybe one small red spot on my face. "Well that's not the milk, it must be the rice I ate 5 days ago" and I continue drinking milk in denial.

A few months go by where I try to change all dietary/supplement variables except for dairy, and my skin has completely gone down the shitter again and now I also have large scaly dandruff. Yet I still convince myself that milk is good for me.

Finally I decide to quit dairy, skin goes back to normal. Then I go back on the milk rollercoaster and make all the same mistakes again... Sigh.

Well I am officially done with dairy now. Heavy duty antibiotics and strong topicals wasn't able to clear my skin recently until I removed all dairy products again. That's evidence enough for me.

Back to a basic "bro bodybuilding diet" with meat, rice and lentils and skin is looking great again. Anyone with skin issues should probably get off the "Peat diet" (yes I get it there's no such thing as a Peat diet lol)
+1000.

A basic bodybuilding diet is what I always fall back on and works the best for me personally, with the addition of some more nutrient dense animal products on top of the usual lean protein sources.

boris

Have you tried Amecke Sanfte Säfte as a Sugar Source? I like it a lot. Also date syrup is a good way to get sugar calories in.

Thanks they are really good! Most of the other "mild" brands add acerola juice to add extra acidity, Amecke doesn't. The one brand I buy mostly now :hungry:. Better and more affordable than the imported oranges.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Spent time in the sun today, went to an outdoor pool, swam for a bit, chilled in the sun. It felt so nourishing.
I was completely free of anxiety, felt no knots in my stomach.
Just pure presence. I could only think positively about me in those moments.
Going to start a new job in 10 days, I got a 45% money increase vs my last job, which puts as upper middle class in my country.
Fruits and tubers now make up the most of my diet right now.

laleto12

Spent time in the sun today, went to an outdoor pool, swam for a bit, chilled in the sun. It felt so nourishing.
I was completely free of anxiety, felt no knots in my stomach.
Just pure presence. I could only think positively about me in those moments.
Going to start a new job in 10 days, I got a 45% money increase vs my last job, which puts as upper middle class in my country.
Fruits and tubers now make up the most of my diet right now.
Yep, when I socialize, go to the beach, have a coffee with my friends etc, I literally forget all of my problems. However, when I am with myself, I am constantly aware of those physical and psychological problems, very sad.

Vins7

Yep, when I socialize, go to the beach, have a coffee with my friends etc, I literally forget all of my problems. However, when I am with myself, I am constantly aware of those physical and psychological problems, very sad.
it happens the same to me

David90

Are you open to eating a somewhat “peaty” snack such as kit kat’s and twix? You hardly feel them in your stomach and they boost your metabolism a lot.

Sound's really Nice. I try it out with Bounty in the Next Time :tongueout:

David90

Try eating more salt, and more protein (in small amounts at a time). Maybe keep some frozen shrimps and meat patties in your freezer, that way you have an easy way to cook some protein in the middle of the day (smash the patty on a hot pan with coconut oil, with salt and pepper, grill the shrimps in the oven).

Funny Thing is, i was doing exactly this back in 2016/2017. And it comes really in Handy, if you need some Quick Protein. Maybe getting Back to that Habit again, after reading this.....

It's Well established that "Low Energy" or, Fatigue, CFS, is always about Free fatty acids and Tytophan. Try vitamin E and Lower your protein, increases Plant/Gelatinous Protein significantly.

"The fatigue produced by “over-training” is probably produced by a tryptophan and serotonin overload, resulting from catabolism of muscle proteins and stress-induced increases in serotonin. Muscle catabolism also releases a large amount of cysteine, and cysteine, methionine, and tryptophan suppress thyroid function (Carvalho, et al., 2000). Stress also liberates free fatty acids from storage, and these fatty acids increase the uptake of tryptophan into the brain, increasing the formation of serotonin. Since serotonin increases ACTH and cortisol secretion, the catabolic state tends to be self-perpetuating. This process is probably a factor influencing the rate of aging, and contributing to the physiological peculiarities of aging and depression."-RP

Intresting. I was wondering in my Earlier Years why i was always so Fatigued after my Workouts. Now it makes total Sense......

Last edited:

opson123

Are you open to eating a somewhat “peaty” snack such as kit kat’s and twix? You hardly feel them in your stomach and they boost your metabolism a lot.

I usually eat starch (wheat and rice) and butter once a day, but for a few days now I've been eating twix bars instead. My primary issue with starch is that it fills the stomach, but I'm still craving for more and don't really get any energy from it. With twix bars, I get a short burst of energy and it doesn't fill my stomach too much. It also doesn't trigger gastroparesis, as long as I drink enough pepsi max afterwards, which is a nice surprise and the primary reason why I can keep eating them. Of course twix bars also have wheat, but I don't have the problem above.

My diet now is fatty vanilla quark, twix bars and pepsi max. About 2100kcal a day. Nutrient-wise it's an extremely poor diet, but my gut and sleep don't mind. I sometimes eat meat with butter at my parents'.

Last edited:
M

metabolizm

@GreekDemiGod how are you doing these days?

I feel best when I can eat whatever I want, without any restrictions. I would recommend ditching supplements and simply eating whatever you feel like, whenever you feel like it. You might find that you gravitate towards junk for a while, towards “forbidden” foods, but that should eventually pass.

In addition to this, lots of outdoor activity in the sun is extremely beneficial.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@metabolizm Gaining back muscle and weight as I've been hitting the gym 5 times per week since one month ago.
I've been in a financially delicate situation and could not sustain a very high caloric intake. I know how damaging that is, but things will get well soon.
Last weekend, I went in nature, swam in a river, went kayaking. It was fine, but I dipped into a hypoglycemic episode during it.
Mornings are still a bit apathetic. I sometimes wake up during the night, suppose glycogen running out for sure.
I have started a new job, after staying at home for 2 months. They pay me 50% more than my previous job.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Feeling surprisingly good these days. Today I woke up feeling good, I don't even need a morning coffee :) It's honestly the best I've felt in months.
My diet these days is quite simple and maximized for fast digestion. Turns out it's very much peaty.
  • whole milk
  • fruits (grapes, ripe bananas, melons)
  • lots of honey and white sugar
  • 1-2 cups of coffee / day
  • lots of white potatoes (boiled or baked)
  • carrot salad
  • a few eggs / week
Haven't eaten much muscle meat lately, it wasn't intentional.

Supplements I took for the past 2 days:
  • Kuinone
  • Zinc Picolinate
  • Niacinamide
  • Tyromix
I enjoy lifting, putting on muscle, a bit of fat too, but that's fine, I was very lean. I now reached 170 lbs @ 6ft / 6ft1

Uselis

Feeling surprisingly good these days. Today I woke up feeling good, I don't even need a morning coffee :) It's honestly the best I've felt in months.
My diet these days is quite simple and maximized for fast digestion. Turns out it's very much peaty.
  • whole milk
  • fruits (grapes, ripe bananas, melons)
  • lots of honey and white sugar
  • 1-2 cups of coffee / day
  • lots of white potatoes (boiled or baked)
  • carrot salad
  • a few eggs / week
Haven't eaten much muscle meat lately, it wasn't intentional.

Supplements I took for the past 2 days:
  • Kuinone
  • Zinc Picolinate
  • Niacinamide
  • Tyromix
I enjoy lifting, putting on muscle, a bit of fat too, but that's fine, I was very lean. I now reached 170 lbs @ 6ft / 6ft1

Hey man, couple questions if you don't mind:

1. do you boil potatoes? If so how long?

2. Commercial milk or buying from farmer? If so raw or boiled?

Thanks, and glad you finally cracked code! Been following your journey.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@Uselis I boil them close to 1hr, then I'll sometimes bake them or cook them in a pan a bit.
From the farmer, sometimes boiled, sometimes raw.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

UPDATE

The frequency of my bowel movements is getting better and better in the past few weeks, fruits and milk being the bulk of my diet. I now almost always have 2-3 bowel movements in a day. If I'm eating pizza or wheat or high fiber foods, which I rarely do, then I will feel my digestion clog up again.
Been experimenting with supplements, but most of them honestly don't make a world of a difference. I bought B1, B2, they don't make me feel amazing even in higher doses.
Also got myself a quality raw plant protein & BCAA, it's low tryptophan and supposed to be good to antagonize serotonin..

My main challenges still remain liver and thyroid. My liver glycogen burns super fast and I have to always be eating.
Also got Siberian Ginseng and Tribulus for sexual benefits, as @Hans recommended in one of his articles. They arrived yesterday.

Vins7

UPDATE

The frequency of my bowel movements is getting better and better in the past few weeks, fruits and milk being the bulk of my diet. I now almost always have 2-3 bowel movements in a day. If I'm eating pizza or wheat or high fiber foods, which I rarely do, then I will feel my digestion clog up again.
Been experimenting with supplements, but most of them honestly don't make a world of a difference. I bought B1, B2, they don't make me feel amazing even in higher doses.
Also got myself a quality raw plant protein & BCAA, it's low tryptophan and supposed to be good to antagonize serotonin..

My main challenges still remain liver and thyroid. My liver glycogen burns super fast and I have to always be eating.
Also got Siberian Ginseng and Tribulus for sexual benefits, as @Hans recommended in one of his articles. They arrived yesterday.
Didnt you consider fruit as a high fiber food?