A Wish For More Energy

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Yesterday, I drank sugared water, for a total of 85g of white sugar per day. Registered my highest temperature since peating. 37.0 C | 98.6 F

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Yes but the heavier you are, the greater your energy requirements
Yes, and also the higher your muscle / fat ratio, the energy requirements go even higher, as holding on to muscle mass is 'metabolically expensive'.

So a person who is 170 lbs and 12% bodyfat will have a higher energy requirement than someone who is 170 lbs and 18% BF, let's say.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I'm now 3 months into peating. Last month I took a course of antibiotics for a viral infection. Ever since that point, my digestion has improved, in the sense that I have regular stools most of the days.
I still experience bloating, but it has reduced.
Also, I realized that I can only tolerate small amounts of milk, whenever I go above 400 ml, I experience bloating, gas, and constipation the next day
:shifty:

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

In other words it is a good diet only for people who already have good thyroid function, not for people with poor thyroid function who are trying to heal themselves.
What would you say a smart approach would be for someone in the process of healing?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

A little pleasant experience from drinking Red Bull today.

Did not have a good sleep. Woke up feeling whatever.
Started my morning with some bananas, OJ, cheese, dark chocolate & yogurt. A cup of coffee with sugar, milk & MCT oil.
Drank a can of Red Bull, together with 500 mg Taurine (for a total of 1.5g of Taurine), and a B-complex pill.
I feel a bit high right now, like I can easily relax and shut off the negative mind chatter away.:D
It's the first time I'm having this effect from it, I took higher doses in the past, up to 4g. It is probably GABA-related.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I started incorporating sugar and salt mixed whenever I'm drinking water and it does seem to hape a temporary uplifting effect in energy, and also anxyiolitic. Will continue with it.

Pufa

A little pleasant experience from drinking Red Bull today.

Did not have a good sleep. Woke up feeling whatever.
Started my morning with some bananas, OJ, cheese, dark chocolate & yogurt. A cup of coffee with sugar, milk & MCT oil.
Drank a can of Red Bull, together with 500 mg Taurine (for a total of 1.5g of Taurine), and a B-complex pill.
I feel a bit high right now, like I can easily relax and shut off the negative mind chatter away.:D
It's the first time I'm having this effect from it, I took higher doses in the past, up to 4g. It is probably GABA-related.

Good idea on the coffee milk and sugar.. but ray suggests to avoid yogurt

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@milkboi I drink OJ separately too. Can't put sugar in OJ.

@ExCarniv Actually, I like the taste, means I crave it. It's much more sweeter VS salty.

Today I hit my highest caloric intake ever: 4100 calories, 3:1 protein ratio.
Deadlifted 100 kg for 4 reps.

Observations:
  • I generally feel tired in the morning and more energetic at night, especially if I workout in the afternoon
  • My anxiety follows a similar pattern, it's highest between noon and afternoon, and it goes down as I'm getting closer to bed
  • The indoor corporate 9 5 lifestyle is soul crushing
This would make a strong case for my anxiety not being psychological, but biological / metabolic in nature. But how would I interpret it?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I am having trouble keeping a decent Calcium : Phosphate ratio. I overdo it so easily on Phosphate.

upload_2019-10-29_9-12-53.png

upload_2019-10-29_9-13-26.png
upload_2019-10-29_9-13-43.png

ExCarniv

I think that ratio is decent.

You can try eating half amount of chicken liver, 250g daily seems too much

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

My apetite has really come up in the past few days, it's ridiculous. 2 consecutive days of over 4000 calories, whereas my average over past 3 months is around 3200 cal. I take it as a sign of my body healing. At this rate, I'll be putting on some solid size and regain lost muscle.
My hunch is that all the metabolic boosters I'm taking are the cause of this: coffee, Taurine, white sugar, fruit juices.
I'm just wondering..am I tricking my body into 'thinking' it needs more nutrients or am I really ramping up my metabolism?

I'd rather not gain a lot of bodyfat. Currently standing at 11 - 12% BF lean.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@ExCarniv It was especially high on this day. On average it's 0.7 : 1 with protein.
I can easily overdo it on fats, since being accustomed over the past 1-2 years with high fat intakes.

Pufa

My apetite has really come up in the past few days, it's ridiculous. 2 consecutive days of over 4000 calories, whereas my average over past 3 months is around 3200 cal. I take it as a sign of my body healing. At this rate, I'll be putting on some solid size and regain lost muscle.
My hunch is that all the metabolic boosters I'm taking are the cause of this: coffee, Taurine, white sugar, fruit juices.
I'm just wondering..am I tricking my body into 'thinking' it needs more nutrients or am I really ramping up my metabolism?

I'd rather not gain a lot of bodyfat. Currently standing at 11 - 12% BF lean.

How do you measure your bf percentage?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

It seems like whenever I'm using metabolic boosters and my temperature hits a peak, I feel a higher energy state, however it comes with increased anxiety. A nervous kind of energy.
Still, it's better than low energy + anxiety.

Fresh juice, sugar, Taurine high-dose, Red-bull, Aspirin taken over the span of a few hours has brought my temp. to 37.0 C

ExCarniv

It seems like whenever I'm using metabolic boosters and my temperature hits a peak, I feel a higher energy state, however it comes with increased anxiety. A nervous kind of energy.
Still, it's better than low energy + anxiety.

Fresh juice, sugar, Taurine high-dose, Red-bull, Aspirin taken over the span of a few hours has brought my temp. to 37.0 C

Try Theanine to bring down anxiety.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals