A Wish For More Energy

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Also man, if you aren't feeling well, why the f do you hang out at a night club?
Fair point.
I was / am 'suffering' on a romantic level too and just wanted something to distract myself with.
Last night, I got a good sleep (80% on SleepCycle), I am still extremely sad and the cold, dark autumn season doesn't help.

@jzeno I did find them eventually. Will try them, hope I'll handle the spiciness.

My viral infection seems to be gone, but the course of antibiotics seemed to have tanked my apetite for the time being. It's now been almost 2 weeks in a hypo-caloric state, I still go to the gym, but I reduced my intensity to 50%, till I regain strength.

jzeno

@GreekDemiGod Nice. Just needed a little persistence. Try not to eat them for dinner, only lunch. They can cause you to feel too awake if eaten too late.

2 per day is all you need. Anymore and you will upset your stomach too much.

Eat them slowly. Two or three or more bites per pepper. Don't eat it all in one bite. Too spicy.

All the best.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@thomas00 I have dropped the T4 temporarily and it seems like my temps have gone up. Would that mean it had an anti-thyroid effect?
Registered 98.6 F after lunch today. Just measured.

I still feel bad, but that is due to the poor sleep, and being weakened by the infection.

thomas00

if you can't account for anything else raising your temperature then it was probably the t4..

have you considered taking t3 or a combination t3/t4 product?

Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@thomas00 At the moment, I want to 'let things cool down' and to slowly get back to my baseline strength & energy levels.
Cause I think my thyroid function is very close to optimal, if other lifestyle factors are in check.
Low-carb, overtraining, stressful environment, unnecessary cardio are what probably made me hypo
I probably need to focus more on gut & liver health.:praying:

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

A few realizations:
  • at the moment, I need at least 75g of fats daily to function. It helps me in avoiding sugar crashes and it's beneficial to my sleep, as glycogen stores aren't so easily depleted at night.
    • going very high carb is unsustainable for me now
    • 40 - 50% carb intake is the sweet spot for me.
  • eating a lot just before bed also helps my sleep, guessing for the same reasoning as above.
  • avoiding caffeine and energy drinks in the evenings is a MUST to get a good sleep
  • Carnivore Diet has probably left me with some degree of insulin resistance, this should get better and better in the next 1-2 months.
  • I physically feel stronger, and more satiated on 150g+ of protein VS 100g
  • I do need minimal amount of starches in my diet for a slower insulin / energy release
  • I immediately feel good after drinking a Coke, for a while

My morning temps are between 36.0 and 36.5 C, but they easily go in the 36.6 - 37.0 range during the day. I generally feel deep sadness and a lack of vitality in the mornings, and as the day goes by, I get slightly more energetic.

Last edited:

ExCarniv

Good, you need to experiment yourself.

Is taking me like 3-4 months to complete heal after carnivore.

My sweetspot for fat is 60g
With protein is the same for me, 100 is too low, 130-150 most days and I feel better that way.
I feel better with starches too, protein and sugar only feels unnatural, I do need a meal with potatoes or rice everyday.
I experimented with eating light before bed and I got better sleep eating my bigger meal at night.

We are in a similar path, I'm not depressed by any means, I think playing football, doing some exercise outside and having a good relationship with my partner helps.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@ExCarniv It's been almost 3 months since I quit Carnivore, so hopefully I'll be better soon enough.

I've been taking Taurine for the past month, 1 - 1.5g / day. I do not notice anything different, but I read it can be beneficial for:
  • liver glycogen storage
  • depression
  • hair re-growth
All 3 are of interest for me, so it does benefit me probably. Maybe try doubling my dosage?
Drinking a Red Bull has a mild positive effect on me, I reckon.

I also bought a Vitamin B complex (High potency). The B6 is very high dosage, so I thought 1 pill every 2 days would be safer.
https://s3.images-iherb.com/sol/sol...2.1381682653.1570616395-1264178842.1567497018

Last edited:

Runenight201

@ExCarniv It's been almost 3 months since I quit Carnivore, so hopefully I'll be better soon enough.

I've been taking Taurine for the past month, 1 - 1.5g / day. I do not notice anything different, but I read it can be beneficial for:
  • liver glycogen storage
  • depression
  • hair re-growth
All 3 are of interest for me, so it does benefit me probably. Maybe try doubling my dosage?
Drinking a Red Bull has a mild positive effect on me, I reckon.

I also bought a Vitamin B complex (High potency). The B6 is very high dosage, so I thought 1 pill every 2 days would be safer.
https://s3.images-iherb.com/sol/sol...2.1381682653.1570616395-1264178842.1567497018

It took me a bit to notice, but red bull has an (in my opinion) excessive stimulative effect. Now, some people may prefer such a feeling, and you may be one of them, but after comparing with several other substances I began to notice how artificial the whole drink is. It is most definitely due to the caffeine, and the combination of b-vitamins, sugar, and caffeine create this wiring drink. Now, in your case of anhedonia, I'm not sure if that is necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think it's helpful for bringing joy into your life. Red Bull always gave me this serious, focused need to immediately start working towards something feeling.

Another substance that is similar to red bull but not so damn wiring would be a product from a grocery store called Sprouts (which I'm not sure if they are around in your area) which has a product called Vitamin C Cherry Limeade. It's a vitamin C, b-vitamin, zinc, magnesium, sugar, etc... powder that you put in water and drink. After having that, I strictly prefer it to red bull. It's also much cheaper by weight! At the least, I would recommend drinking a powder over a pill. With powders, One can place in water and then immediately determine whether it's good or bad, by taste and effect. One can titrate the amount, or stop drinking when it's been subjectively determined that one's had enough. With pills, it's an all or nothing deal, so there must be utmost confidence in objective knowledge to get that one right!

One last tip that may help, is to try sugared teas. Black tea with lemonade and sugar, yerba mate with strawberries and sugar, green tea with ginseng, honey, and sugar, etc.... Lot's of good stuff going on there. Either buy them premade or make them yourself and then make them ice cold. Very refreshing, and have been a huge game changer for me. I figured out that the beneficial aspect of drinks don't solely lie in their sugar and mild stimulation contents, but also in the fact that they equally hydrate the body at the same time. Hydration is huge and is very underplayed here, but I have noticed a huge difference in overall mood from dehydrated to hydrated states. For some reason water was never the most optimal hydrator for me. It's too plain. Doesn't change the physiological state enough. But water with tea and sugar, lemon, etc.... now that's powerful! Milk is also a terrible hydrator, and very likely to cause dehydration... It's sort of like a block which gets sent down the stomach. Now this aint always a bad thing, because if consumed in proper quantities and prepared properly milk has a very powerful and positive effect, but I have yet to have a positive experience from drinking milk straight from the jug! Fruit juice and fruits are odd, and I haven't quite articulated what's off about them yet. Certainly, some amount is completely fine, and in my opinion of the juicy, ripe whole fruit variety. But I've certainly started to prefer sugared teas and b-vitamin powders to fruits. Perhaps I've found more advantageous sugar options, and so I've replaced the fruit.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

It's amazing how much my emotional state (related to my dating life) can affect my sleep. Last night I woke up every hour, barely got any deep sleep. I have this deep, unfilfilled need to be loved.

@Runenight201 I feel you about the Red Bull. It has just the optimal stimulative effect for me, but if I overdo it, it will make me anxious and wired up in an unpleasant way.
Haven't drank sugared tea in the last 2 years or so, might try.

Hermes

Oh man, this reminds me of myself. Yes, it's such a beautiful thing to get womenly attention. It's intoxicating. And on the other hand if it's missing you feel like ***t. Drowning in self-pity and wishing to be like some hunk on a poster for a flick. If only I had better hair, was somehow more attractive, more potent bla bla bla. For sure this is a reason why I'm so worried about hairloss b/c it would mean loosing the idendity of the cute one. I was as a teenager, had long hair and girls would complement on it. And now there's a bald spot and my hair is greying. Well, like my father when he was in his thirties.

There is certainly some power that comes with being attractive. So I wonder, how much has it to do with a sense of powerlessness, when you're not getting any attention? It's like you want something but you're really not sure how to get it. I don't have the answer. I'm a bit clueless there. But surely there other means to be attractive other then looking good. Being charimsatic, entertaining, fun to be around with?

And then you could say, that getting attention is not love. It's superficial. It's something important if one wants to get into a relationship. It's the dating game. And that requires other sets of skills then staying in a relationship that's rewarding.

How much love is needed anyway? I say that b/c David Burns in his book "Feeling Good" argues love is not necessary for an adult to have in order to be happy. He devots an entire chapter on what he calls "Love addiction" (link to the chapter). It's such an interesting conecpt and idea, very empowering and yet not so easy to swallow when ones really believes otherwise.

Hope this makes a little bit sense to you and you find it informative. I'm on a journey to more independence and power and I find it not easy.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@Hermes It's one thing in getting the initial attraction, it's another thing in keeping it.
I haven't read David Burns, CBT just never sounded something I could go with.
I'm currently implementing the philosophy of David Hawkins / F. Dodson (Letting Go, Levels of Energy) and that is to live in a state of constant surrender to what is, to seek validation from within and not from outside sources, to raise my vibration and trust that being at a higher vibration level I will effortlessly attract what I want in life.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

This may be too early to tell, but I feel like I'm slowly turning a corner now. Sleep is getting better overall, last night I managed 8 hrs of uninterrupted sleep. Appetite is coming back after that viral infection.

Just drank almost a quart of cold-pressed, raw Orange + Kiwi juice. Felt really good and refreshing. Almost felt a state of bliss:cigar: And it dawned on me on what optimal health should feel like:
  • high androgens
  • low stress hormones
  • being energetic, but at the same time calm, collected, being 'zen', being joyful and optimistic about life.
  • glucose metabolism functioning at high gear.
I now realize how reductionist is the Low-carb / Carnivore dogma that carbs / sugar are bad. No, it's much more nuanced than that. It's your glocuse metabolism that's impaired.

This is what I think it's happening. My glucose metabolism is slowly shifting into a higher-gear, after the Carnivore hell. Taurine, Glycine and the B vitamins are the secret weapons.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

This past week my sleep has been a little better.
I think my stress hormones are lower (even if I've been having a lot of emotional stress), and that's what causing my to feel fatigued and low energy. I dread my mornings now.
Since my body is not used to functioning on low stress hormones, what's there do to to increase my energy levels?

The high-potency B complex seems to have no noticeable effect.

Pufa

Start the day off with coffee milk and sugar.
Get sunlight soon as you wake up too.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Any thoughts on my temps? (They are measured in Celsius)

upload_2019-10-17_10-8-41.png

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I have never felt worse after drinking a Coke.
Read this on the forum, and it's amazing how true this is. I re-introduced Coke to my diet, and it always makes me feel a bit better.