A Wish For More Energy

Sefton10

What is chronic fatigue syndrome, does anybody even know. If he's a cop then, I would first think it had something to do with his test. And I would think chronic fatigue syndrome is a blanket term for all sorts of things that can't be explained. But I am not familiar with CFS.

Ray on CFS https://wiki.chadnet.org/files/chronic-fatigue-by-ray-peat.pdf

This is interesting given that people like Matt Blackburn are now on the iron train.

1664094640361.png

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Just curious if you ever had blood work for copper status? (like serum copper and ceruloplasmin)
I have not. Yet.

And now ditch coffee completely, even the morning cup, and watch the quality of your sleep skyrocket.
I think it's time to realize that coffee just isn't doing me any good. I started consuming coffee when I was 25, I hated the taste of it before that.
I also suspect it's a gut irritant and can sometimes cause stomach pain. It does trigger a bowel movement, but it doesn't feel natural, it feels forced, like a laxative.

Perhaps coffee of higher quality beans is better. I should try buying the beans and grind them myself fresh.

Healthseeker

I have not. Yet.

I think it's time to realize that coffee just isn't doing me any good. I started consuming coffee when I was 25, I hated the taste of it before that.
I also suspect it's a gut irritant and can sometimes cause stomach pain. It does trigger a bowel movement, but it doesn't feel natural, it feels forced, like a laxative.

Perhaps coffee of higher quality beans is better. I should try buying the beans and grind them myself fresh.
Yeah change how you brew it too, get a thing where you pour the hot water yourself on the coffee, and not a paper filter. I read something about that, where you want the little tiny fine particles to leave a smudge in the cup. Not that it's good for you necessarily, but to try it out before ruling it out. I've suspected that the quality of the coffee is way different, depending of so many things that can go wrong with it, even down what kind of water you use. Or it could just be how you react to it that day, sometimes coffee taste good, sometimes it don't, sometimes it seems like it has caffeine, sometimes it don't. I don't know what goes on with it sometimes.

I really think it's your liver

youngsinatra

What form of Copper are you using and in what dosages?
I use copper bisglycinate powder, 4-8mg measured with an microspoon. I dissolve it in hot water.

The pure powder or the pills can be hard on the digestion and this seems to work better.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Starting to be really interested in red light therapy. I want to use it to mimic the benefits of sunlight, especially now that cold season is here to stay for a couple of months in my country.
The specialized red light panels are too expensive for me, I'm wondering if simply using incandescent light bulbs, hooked to the lamp and to the standard power source would work.

TheCalciumCad

Starting to be really interested in red light therapy. I want to use it to mimic the benefits of sunlight, especially now that cold season is here to stay for a couple of months in my country.
The specialized red light panels are too expensive for me, I'm wondering if simply using incandescent light bulbs, hooked to the lamp and to the standard power source would work.
I got both when I got into all the Peat stuff, found the red light device close to useless (tho I don't have any health issues) but having a 250w incandescent bulb in a brooder is great especially in England. Even a 30-60min blast on an evening can feel rejuvenating without having it on all night. This winter in Europe will be longer than usual so highly recommended.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Actually feeling fine this morning, don't know how long it will last. Currently on a 3 days break from working out, so that might be the reason.
I still had some Amoxicillin pills(875mg) from when I took it for my molar extraction a couple of months ago, so I decided to take them for a 4-day course. First day I took it, it had a sedative effect on me.
I also started taking NAC regularly after reading it can help with nasal congestion, so far can't distinguish any effects from it.

Also doing the carrot + ginger salad more often, since it does have some mild positive effects on me.

@GreekDemiGod i also suffer from strong CFS with adhd, I just started following your thread. About NAC I think it improve my blood flow (I don’t know why). About copper I think it’s good for me as well because when I eat liver I feel good, I think it’s the best food for me, but do not solve me situation with CFS. So far I am clueless about by situation (I have a thread, if you want give 2 cents).

@GreekDemiGod another thing.. it’s hard to distinguish which nutrient or mineral is playing a role when I feel good with liver because of its high content of nutrients, but yes I think copper is good for me, I also reported in my thread some of greyhair turning black again. There is a enzyme which have copper that it’s in melanin pathway

Roni123@

I would simply focus on increasing the metabolic rate

take a one month trial

stop all supplements except magnesium chloride, consume this...

stop eating starch and refined sugar

eat every two, three hours, without filling your belly, at this time I would only consume milk, orange juice and several eggs with salt every day.. making sure you are satiated and full at the end of the day obvious, but avoid filling your stomach every time I eat, and don't be afraid of the fats in these foods, I would eat eggs along with orange juice and milk

and consume your activated charcoal every night before bed

do this for a month

Motorneuron

take a one month trial

eat every two, three hours, without filling your belly, at this time I would only consume milk, orange juice and several eggs with salt every day.. making sure you are satiated and full at the end of the day obvious, but avoid filling your stomach every time I eat, and don't be afraid of the fats in these foods, I would eat eggs along with orange juice and milk

do this for a month
@Roni123@
Hi, when you refer to the elimination of starch and sugar, do you mean all cereals including white rice and potatoes? you basically only feed from natural sugars from fruit and milk and eggs for protein / fat? do you argue that with this type of diet you can overcome a possible metabolic stall by becoming pro oxidant? how do you deal with antioxidants instead? Do you necessarily keep fats low?

Thanks 😊

Roni123@

@Roni123@
Hi, when you refer to the elimination of starch and sugar, do you mean all cereals including white rice and potatoes? you basically only feed from natural sugars from fruit and milk and eggs for protein / fat? do you argue that with this type of diet you can overcome a possible metabolic stall by becoming pro oxidant? how do you deal with antioxidants instead? Do you necessarily keep fats low?

Thanks 😊
that's all for now, yes
if you are not allergic to any of these problems yes i cured my bowel problems without starch and without filling my belly, i could not tolerate milk at all, so i was living only on eggs, orange juice, meat and sugar, a week and I was already digesting milk... but that varied a lot

this will lower the endotoxin and provide enough nutrients without too many toxins for the metabolism to start working.... the fat is essential for the bile to function

people take Peat's recommendations to an extreme level, and it's always the basic mechanisms that will improve the body

calcium, salt, high carbs, high protein, low PUFAs, low endotoxin....

Vileplume

take a one month trial

do this for a month
Do you ever get constipated from a lack of fiber?

Roni123@

Do you ever get constipated from a lack of fiber?
this will be quickly adjusted if the body has energy, if not then I recommend half a raw carrot a day my mom has been following Peat's recommendations for years but she didn't get better from her joint inflammations, she removed the starch and was really constipated for a week from lack of starch I no longer, but luckily she is better, the joint pain has reduced much but really each body is "unique" but the principles don't change

Vileplume

this will be quickly adjusted if the body has energy, if not then I recommend half a raw carrot a day my mom has been following Peat's recommendations for years but she didn't get better from her joint inflammations, she removed the starch and was really constipated for a week from lack of starch I no longer, but luckily she is better, the joint pain has reduced much but really each body is "unique" but the principles don't change
Thanks, and it's awesome that your mom improved her joints from removing starch. How do you and your mom do with coffee?

Last edited:

Roni123@

Thanks, and it's awesome that your mom improved her joints from removing starch. How do you and your mom do with coffee?
yes, it's worth remembering that my mother only eats rice in a meal, usually half a day, with lots of butter (she also had gallbladder problems, and unbelievably decreasing starch makes it possible to tolerate massive amounts of fat)

usually breakfast is cheese with honey or some jam with strong coffee and white sugar sometimes an egg two scrambled with cheese

normally I drink milk with coffee 500 - 800 ml with very strong coffee

half a day I usually vary a lot, but always milk with eggs and coffee or cocoa powder, some meat.... fat seems to heal my intestines (I was making low starch with little fat, almost nothing and my intestines locked up and had signs of endotoxin, Peat is right to say that the fat helps kill the bacteria on top)

Now 13 hours in Guaporé, Río Grande do Sul, Brazil I just consumed honey, with milk and cocoa powder

my mother beef, with salted cheese and jam and some honey

usually at night it varies a lot, from some orange juice to milk, eggs, cheese, meat....

Vileplume

yes, it's worth remembering that my mother only eats rice in a meal, usually half a day, with lots of butter (she also had gallbladder problems, and unbelievably decreasing starch makes it possible to tolerate massive amounts of fat)
Thanks for the detailed reply, Roni. Best health to you and your mother.