A Wish For More Energy

Healthseeker

Yeah I remember a dude on the facebook group who was a hard trainer and a cop. He developed chronic fatigue syndrome and is forever trying to get back in the gym. He refuses to accept it.
What is chronic fatigue syndrome, does anybody even know. If he's a cop then, I would first think it had something to do with his test. And I would think chronic fatigue syndrome is a blanket term for all sorts of things that can't be explained. But I am not familiar with CFS.

InChristAlone

What is chronic fatigue syndrome, does anybody even know. If he's a cop then, I would first think it had something to do with his test. And I would think chronic fatigue syndrome is a blanket term for all sorts of things that can't be explained. But I am not familiar with CFS.
He has tried all kinds of hormone replacement to no avail, nothing has ever helped most likely because he continues his job as a cop. I doubt much healing can come doing that line of work.

MarcelZD

Attempting to fix fatigue problems with hormones doesn't seem to work from what I have read. The issue goes far deeper and probably has to do with compromised mitochondria or something.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Quitting lifting might be a 1 step back, 2 step forward strategy. Meaning, if you keep going to the gym when your health is compromised you may be setting yourself up for a much worse health crash in the future (this is how some people get CFS).
There is no reason for me to be that metabolically damaged. I never lived a stressful life, I was never a workaholic, never ran marathons or did long distance running. Never had major diseases.
Most I did was undereating in my childhood, adolescence, and early 20s and have the bad luck with digestive issues.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

If you do not figure out and remedy basic fundamental issues which causes low energy production and other issues which is causing debilitating fatigue you can rest until you are 100 years old you will never truly recover because the problem is not always lack of rest unless it actually is.
💯

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I’m going to start mouth taping at night. My jawline has gotten worse in the last year, and it was a lot influenced by poor posture, blocked nasal passages.
I don’t think I mouth breathe at night, but there must be a reason I wake up with a stuffed nose in the morning. This might be what’s causing poor restorative sleep and poor energy levels.

Healthseeker

There is no reason for me to be that metabolically damaged. I never lived a stressful life, I was never a workaholic, never ran marathons or did long distance running. Never had major diseases.
Most I did was undereating in my childhood, adolescence, and early 20s and have the bad luck with digestive issues.
Were you on adderal

Healthseeker

I’m going to start mouth taping at night. My jawline has gotten worse in the last year, and it was a lot influenced by poor posture, blocked nasal passages.
I don’t think I mouth breathe at night, but there must be a reason I wake up with a stuffed nose in the morning. This might be what’s causing poor restorative sleep and poor energy levels.
Good chance it's the environment your sleeping in. Change where you sleep for a night. See if you can sleep outside like in a tent also.

MarcelZD

It might be purely genetic or go back to the intrauterine environment. To my knowledge many CFs sufferers were just normal people before they got debilitating fatigue, not necessarily athletes or people with particularly stressful jobs.

It is difficult to accept but some of us are just unlucky.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I realized that taking a caffeine pill and working out after 5PM is not that smart in my situation. It really affects the quality of my sleep. Even lifting without caffeine in the evening is enough to keep my stress hormones elevated come bedtime.
I'll have to switch it up, to work out very early in the morning or before noon.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

It might be purely genetic or go back to the intrauterine environment. To my knowledge many CFs sufferers were just normal people before they got debilitating fatigue, not necessarily athletes or people with particularly stressful jobs.

It is difficult to accept but some of us are just unlucky.
:(
CFS just sounds dreadful. Do people develop it just like that? What is the most common cause?

MarcelZD

:(
CFS just sounds dreadful. Do people develop it just like that? What is the most common cause?

I think there are people way more knowledgeable than me here when it comes to CFS-like syndromes (@Vanset, @Ben., @Korven).

What I do know is that I personally have always inclined towards mild fatigue and I didn't have any particularly traumatic experiences either. Perhaps there are epigenetic or genetic factors that predispose you towards it, or maybe it's nutrition and other environmental factors during your childhood years.

Healthseeker

I realized that taking a caffeine pill and working out after 5PM is not that smart in my situation. It really affects the quality of my sleep. Even lifting without caffeine in the evening is enough to keep my stress hormones elevated come bedtime.
I'll have to switch it up, to work out very early in the morning or before noon.

I'm haven't been doing it lately, but I always liked that feeling of working out hard before bed, I don't have trouble falling asleep cause I'm exhausted, then I wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason from the stress of it with some crazy dream, I get a drink of water and go back to sleep, and wake up with about 7 hours sleep total feeling great, but sometimes I crash later in the day and need a power nap which also makes me feel good. So, I'm all ready to train again the next night.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Getting so easily cold when the temperature drops in the autumn, my immune system must not be very strong.
Started minimizing caffeine after 2PM in order to improve my sleep.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Had a really good sleep last night and also 2 nights before where I slept better than I usually do.
Getting a good night sleep is massively important, the difference is very obvious.
The secret: I stopped consuming caffeine after 1pm. I now only consume 1 cup of coffee in the morning and that’s it.

This is early to tell, but I think caffeine was massively holding me back and ruining my sleep, putting me in a constantly catabolic state.

Lysine, Aspirin, D3, vitamin C, hot tea helped me quickly get over a cold.

youngsinatra

Have you revisited the topic of copper in regards to curing your fatigue. I know that you dabbled with copper supplementation for a short period of time.

I know that copper is one of the most important nutrients (for me!) to keep up my energy and overall physical and mental performance.

I feel awful from anything that opposes copper. I am sadly still unable to tolerate beef (as it is too zinc rich) because it causes me to have neuropathy, low body temperature, pale skin, severe fatigue and balance problems, even after just 4oz of lean beef.
I was catching a cold every 2 weeks in the last year because of low copper, despite having excellent vitamin D, selenium, zinc levels, but this problem has hugely improved.

I started working in a new work place 3 weeks ago or so and we have an ongoing massive outbreak of the C V I D thing and common cold in our work force and like 50%+ of my team is sick at home while I resume working just fine and working with clientele.

Copper deficiency is a tricky beast.

Just curious if you ever had blood work for copper status? (like serum copper and ceruloplasmin)

Have a good day. Cheers!

Last edited:

Vanset

And now ditch coffee completely, even the morning cup, and watch the quality of your sleep skyrocket.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals