A Wish For More Energy

Vanset

I think if you're ever going to supplement anything then Vitamin D is very safe and you should honestly do it if you're mostly indoors. 2K IU a day is gonna be enough most likely. Could also explain why your dental health has suffered despite getting ample amount of calcium. I personally recommend Thorne D3/K2 4-5 drops daily with a fatty meal. This is the only supplement I use and I think it's of high quality, but a bit pricey. It lasts for a long time though.

Healthseeker

This health journey is turning into a horror story. Existential crisis.
I wanted to make the pro-metabolic eating work for me, but it just doesn't work and my health spirals downwards. I've tried a lot of idealabs supplements and they never made a big difference. I've tried other supplements that Haidut posted studies about being good for glucose oxidation, to reverse pre-diabetes, to reverse a fatty liver and they just don't work in the real world.
I've also eaten a moderate to high amount of Calcium in the last 2 years, and my dental health has regressed.

This begs some fundamental questions:
Is dietary Calcium really required for bone/ dental health?
Is fiber really needed for Estrogen detox?

Peat, Morley, Genereux.
Low thyroid / fatty liver / glucose oxidation/ bile reabsorbtion/ VA toxicity/ dairy intolerance/ possible autoimmune disease.
Iron overload maybe. Low copper maybe.
Low Retinol maybe.
GELDING effect leading to low Testosterone.
Low stomach acid.

Where does one even go from here? So many angles to explore, so many paths to take. And if you take the wrong path, you cause more damage and then it takes months/ years to reverse it.

Ideally, you would need to do extensive and periodic/ monthly blood tests, that cost hundreds of $ each time. Insurance won't cover that, so you pay from your pocket.
I'm just sick of spending all this money on supplements & drugs, and blood tests.

My dream is to reach the high energy, high Testosterone, high euphoria state. But it seems so far away. I'm wasting my younger years in a sick state.
I don't know what's wrong with you but I have an idea it's not cure for whatever it is but I do it and it helps make me feel better. And that is lifting weights right before bed. You said you did bodybuilding. If you dumbbell press till failure a few times when your tired and then go straight to bed you will you wake up and feel better the next day. Try it and see

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Time to pay much more attention to my salt intake as it might be key to improving my digestion / stomach acid and metabolism.
I often crave salted potato chips or bacon, that must be a sign.
I remember on Carnivore, my body was very poor at retaining Sodium, and I already had some degree of hypothyroidism when I started the diet. That’s why I had palpitations, arrhythmia on the diet. Ketosis accelerated the loss of Sodium in the body.
My hypothesis is that my Sodium requirements are high, even on a diet that includes plenty of carbs.

Last night, I drank a glass of water with 1/2 tsp of sea salt. Went out in the city and felt an uplift in mood.
Plain water just feels disgusting to drink and my body rejects it.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

T
Time to pay much more attention to my salt intake as it might be key to improving my digestion / stomach acid and metabolism.
I often crave salted potato chips, that must be a sign.
I remember on Carnivore, my body was very poor at retaining Sodium, and I already had some degree of hypothyroidism when I started the diet. That’s why I had palpitations, arrhythmia on the diet. Ketosis accelerated the loss of Sodium in the body.
My hypothesis is that my Sodium requirements are high, even on a diet that includes plenty of carbs.

Last night, I drank a glass of water with 1/2 tap of sea salt. Went out in the city and felt an uplift in mood.
Plain water just feels disgusting to drink and my body rejects it.
there have been a a few days since you bought your program ,dyou applyed it,did you notice any difference in term of digestion ?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

So I did the higher salt intake today. 10-12g. This is higher than my regular intake. Felt a noticeable increase in my body temperatures, it's definitely a boost to my thyroid. Reached optimal temperatures at noon, and in the evenings(98.6).
It's summer here and hot outside, so I guess that also helps.
But also felt a bit on the edge, sort of a high-adrenaline state. I guess it's the sudden raise in my Sodium intake, hopefully things will nicely adjust.
Going to continue with this.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I'm curious, are you doing it alongside the meat + beans stuff?
I'm doing the meat stuff right now + slowly phasing out dairy.
And will probably get into the eggshell powder thing as a Calcium source.
I ate beans a few time last week and tolerated them surprisingly well, given that I haven't consumed them in a long time.
They did cause me gas, but other than that, they didn't "wreck me", like bread or pasteurized A1 milk do.
At the moment, I'm honestly undecided on the beans, how often will I consume them.

Mushrooms as a fiber source have caught my interest.

Neeters 27

Hey I read your original post, where you asked about getting more energy, and upon examining your regimen, I see back then you were on Levo thyroid, but taking 25 mgcs. Heck, that's only enough for a 30 lb child! have you been properly diagnosed as hypothyroid? if so, 25mcgs is ridiculously low and wont do anything! most people I know that take it take between 100 and 150 mcgs, even my 95 year old stepmom takes 88 mcgs since the 1990;s! just saying, that would cause you to be totally exhaused as well as everything else! gut problems, yeast and Hpylory grow when your system is too cold!

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Hey I read your original post, where you asked about getting more energy, and upon examining your regimen, I see back then you were on Levo thyroid, but taking 25 mgcs. Heck, that's only enough for a 30 lb child! have you been properly diagnosed as hypothyroid? if so, 25mcgs is ridiculously low and wont do anything! most people I know that take it take between 100 and 150 mcgs, even my 95 year old stepmom takes 88 mcgs since the 1990;s! just saying, that would cause you to be totally exhaused as well as everything else! gut problems, yeast and Hpylory grow when your system is too cold!
I was taking 75-100 of T4 mcg at one point, alongside 10-25 mcg T3. That amount of T4 taken daily caused my rT3 to rise, so i stopped taking it.
I felt best at around 50 mcg T4 taken every other day or so.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

A bit of a rant:
The modern corporate environment feels so castrating and emasculating. The company I work with made it mandatory to work from the office 2 days of the week after the pandemic honeymoon of working from home.
Commuting, adhering to a boring routine like everybody else, sitting under fluorescent blue lights, saying "Yes" to your female manager, "Yes, I will improve my performance from now on" in your yearly review.

conrad0602

A bit of a rant:
The modern corporate environment feels so castrating and emasculating. The company I work with made it mandatory to work from the office 2 days of the week after the pandemic honeymoon of working from home.
Commuting, adhering to a boring routine like everybody else, sitting under fluorescent blue lights, saying "Yes" to your female manager, "Yes, I will improve my performance from now on" in your yearly review.
Some valid points but I feel like I need to point out that saying yes to a female shouldn't be emasculating.

Sefton10

A bit of a rant:
1655229469719.jpeg

InChristAlone

I'm a woman and I don't think women should be bosses. They can do it, but it's just not the natural way for women to be telling men what to do. And if they are very good at it then they will struggle to be feminine outside of work and that puts a strain on relationships. I think it's ironic that women think masculinity is toxic yet they want so desperately to be just like them.

Nomane Euger

I'm a woman and I don't think women should be bosses. They can do it, but it's just not the natural way for women to be telling men what to do. And if they are very good at it then they will struggle to be feminine outside of work and that puts a strain on relationships. I think it's ironic that women think masculinity is toxic yet they want so desperately to be just like them.
you are right about all this, women i know even when well fed with fruits or milks, as soon as they start getting a little to much responsability they start to become way more serious, toxic, and intolerant, women should not take to much tasks and burden its detrimental for them and for men,when women are well fed on fruits or milk and have low stress they are perfect being

OccamzRazer

A bit of a rant:
Bring a red light to work?

Make it clear to your female manager that YOU are the man in your dealings with her?

Doesn't seem that difficult.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I started taking liquid Oregano Oil, I found a good and cheap source at a botanical pharmacy near me. I can tell it's very strong, first time I took 2 drops raw and it burned my lips/ tongue. I'm now taking it daily dissolved in honey. It's certainly doing something, I'm getting more softer and frequent bowel movements. Going to be on it for a couple of weeks.
A nasty symptom I've had the last 2 days was acid reflux. Haven't had it this bad in years. Drinking Coke worsened the problem. I'm assuming I started too strong with the Oregano Oil. Not sure else what would be causing the acid reflux now. The ACV, or the beans maybe?

I've been eating oats and beans liberally recently. I could feel my gut swell in real time last night after my dinner(red beans and ground beef).
Dealing with depressive episodes, perhaps endotoxin storm from the beans.

I also stopped eating dairy and will continue to do so at least for a couple of weeks. So far, not feeling any improvement from quitting it, except my Seb. Derm. is in control.
Went to the dentist today for a routine check-up, he suggests I should get ALL of my (unerupted) wisdom teeth extracted as a preventive measures. He said that wisdom teeth can impact and damage the molars next to them, or that tumors can form if left unextracted.
I have no pain or problems with my wisdom teeth currently. Will have to research this more.

Last edited:

Vanset

I started taking liquid Oregano Oil, I found a good and cheap source at a botanical pharmacy near me. I can tell it's very strong, first time I took 2 drops raw and it burned my lips/ tongue. I'm now taking it daily dissolved in honey. It's certainly doing something, I'm getting more softer and frequent bowel movements. Going to be on it for a couple of weeks.
A nasty symptom I've had the last 2 days was acid reflux. Haven't had it this bad in years. Drinking Coke worsened the problem. I'm assuming I started too strong with the Oregano Oil. Not sure else what would be causing the acid reflux now. The ACV, or the beans maybe?

I've been eating oats and beans liberally recently. I could feel my gut swell in real time last night after my dinner(red beans and ground beef).
Dealing with depressive episodes, perhaps endotoxin storm from the beans.
Legumes can definitely cause acid reflux. I had the same issue with green/black lentils and white beans, but not with red lentils and black beans. Make sure they're properly cooked and it takes a long time. Beans are a b**** to cook. What kind of beans are you eating anyway?

Another thing that caused acid reflux for me is drinking a lot of orange juice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals