A Wish For More Energy

Ben.

I have taken ***t tons of vitamin D and keep tanning every day of every summer past 4 years but still keep getting very low levels of vitamin D in blood tests.

Some users had success raising vitamin d after introducing boron. Have you tried that?

TheCalciumCad

Turns out I am severely Vitamin D deficient?. Took blood test yesterday: 12.7 ng/mL
I have taken ***t tons of vitamin D and keep tanning every day of every summer past 4 years but still keep getting very low levels of vitamin D in blood tests.
High vitamin A intake (aka Peating) lowers vitamin D levels. Would be better to reduce vitamin A intake and get more sun (helps detox vit A) and avoid vitamin D supps.

laleto12

Some users had success raising vitamin d after introducing boron. Have you tried that?
Well, I’ve never tried it. I live in Turkey and this country’s soils seems to have insane amounts of boron. So I’ve thought that Im covered by the things I eat but thats just a theory

aniciete

My hypothesis is that raising D levels will reduce the toxicity of A.
I have seen chronic vitamin A toxicity case studies starting with „only“ 7000 IU/d in adult humans.

Having high vitamin D levels (80ng/ml) never protected me from having severe vitamin A toxicity. (108mcg/dl - normal: 30-60) This is such a falsehood that is proclaimed on this forum and that lead me into this tragedy.

TheCalciumCad

@youngsinatra had vitamin a toxicity and he also had super high D levels
He must of been taking insane amounts of Vit D then.

My hypothesis is that raising D levels will reduce the toxicity of A.

Yes it will from the sun which will also help reduce A toxicity, taking vit D supps to oppose vit A is just adding another burden to the liver. Garrett Smith claims Zinc opposes vit A (so technically could improve vit D status) and magnesium oil increases vit D production in the skin.

youngsinatra

He must of been taking insane amounts of Vit D then.

Yes it will from the sun which will also help reduce A toxicity, taking vit D supps to oppose vit A is just adding another burden to the liver. Garrett Smith claims Zinc opposes vit A (so technically could improve vit D status) and magnesium oil increases vit D production in the skin.
Yeah I took 20‘000 IUs/d of D3 to have it around 80ng/ml. It was always low before with normal 4-5K IUs, but I always consumed lots and lots of vitamin A eversince I started optimizing nutrition in my teens.
However I did not feel better with higher levels of D3. In fact, it‘s been 3+ months of no vitamin D supplement at all and I never felt better. I re-tried vitamin D so many times, and I simply threw it all away for good.

I know some on the vitamin A detox who maintain a vitamin D of 30-40ng/ml with minimal sun bathing.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Latest changes implemented:

- supplemental Choline 300-800mg/ day
- high dose D3(10k IU)

- dropped all forms of dairy and went much lower in Vitamin A
- lean beef & white rice as staples
- Reduced dietary fat to under 20%

Also taking Creatine, Glycine, Taurine on the regular. Thiamine and Biotin to reverse prediabetes/ optimise my fasting blood glucose.

I am not yet 100% committed to do a very low VA diet, but for the time being I have drastically reduced my intake and will decide along the way. No dairy, no eggs. And I won’t be consuming liver anytime soon.

I’ve been thinking today after my workout. I craved fruit juice so much, and I could just feel while drinking it, how it hydrated me and gave me energy. Sugar really is the cleanest fuel. I think the key to making no starch/ low starch work is to fix the liver, to reduce its toxin load. That should result in better glycogen storage.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

Latest changes implemented:

- supplemental Choline 300-800mg/ day
- high dose D3(10k IU)

- dropped all forms of dairy and went much lower in Vitamin A
- lean beef & white rice as staples
- Reduced dietary fat to under 20%

Also taking Creatine, Glycine, Taurine on the regular. Thiamine and Biotin to reverse prediabetes/ optimise my fasting blood glucose.

I am not yet 100% committed to do a very low VA diet, but for the time being I have drastically reduced my intake and will decide along the way. No dairy, no eggs. And I won’t be consuming liver anytime soon.

I’ve been thinking today after my workout. I craved fruit juice so much, and I could just feel while drinking it, how it hydrated me and gave me energy. Sugar really is the cleanest fuel. I think the key to making no starch/ low starch work is to fix the liver, to reduce its toxin load. That should result in better glycogen storage.
hi boi,which fruit juice was it?did you energize you better than rice?

Sefton10

I highly doubt your issues are down to Vit A. It’s just another bandwagon to jump on. Fair enough cut down on obvious sources like carrots, sweet potato, liver etc, but eliminating eggs which are a nutritious source of choline only to supplement with an industrial choline seems counter productive. I think you’d be far better reducing the vast array of supplements and focussing on whole foods and lifestyle rather than chasing another bogeyman. You literally jump from diet to diet every week and never give anything enough time from a solid baseline.

I highly doubt your issues are down to Vit A. It’s just another bandwagon to jump on. Fair enough cut down on obvious sources like carrots, sweet potato, liver etc, but eliminating eggs which are a nutritious source of choline only to supplement with an industrial choline seems counter productive. I think you’d be far better reducing the vast array of supplements and focussing on whole foods and lifestyle rather than chasing another bogeyman. You literally jump from diet to diet every week and never give anything enough time from a solid baseline.
Well said. Just decreasing stress to a low level will automatically cure his issues, it needs just time.
Some people with health issues follow make the same mistakes as most gym guys that don't get gains, they train a lot once, but they don't persevere long term.
Do you think I enjoy eating a jar or two of jam a day for months in a row when I don't have riped fruits? Ofc not, but I know that it's the last best resort and it's still better than rice.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

but eliminating eggs which are a nutritious source of choline only to supplement with an industrial choline seems counter productive. I think you’d be far better reducing the vast array of supplements and focussing on whole foods and lifestyle rather than chasing another bogeyman. You literally jump from diet to diet every week and never give anything enough time from a solid baseline.
I was eating up to 3 eggs/ day almost everyday, that's quite a lot to me. I don't crave eggs everyday. And that still wasn't enough Choline to make a difference, apparently.
So at this point, if I don't do anything different, I will not reverse my fatty liver. I could minimize my fruit intake, start doing fasting more frequently, to reverse the condition, but I don't just want to go there yet. That would be admitting defeat.

I also think that not eating dairy for a while will be useful to determine if dairy really is a bigger problem to me than starch.

OccamzRazer

Have you tried fasting on homemade bone broth and taking long, barefoot walks??

Don't be fooled by the apparent simplicity, it's kind of a cure-all.

Sefton10

I was eating up to 3 eggs/ day almost everyday, that's quite a lot to me. I don't crave eggs everyday. And that still wasn't enough Choline to make a difference, apparently.
So at this point, if I don't do anything different, I will not reverse my fatty liver. I could minimize my fruit intake, start doing fasting more frequently, to reverse the condition, but I don't just want to go there yet. That would be admitting defeat.

I also think that not eating dairy for a while will be useful to determine if dairy really is a bigger problem to me than starch.
But you’re focussing on choline now as if that is the key to your liver while simultaneously taking 6 or 7 supplements that could be adding all sorts of heavy metals and impurities to the load your liver is dealing with daily.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

As much as I was skeptical of Ray's teachings due to my own frustration with not achieving the desired health, he is definitely right on the money with Serotonin being bad and high glucose metabolism being the superior state.
I took some Charcoal last night before bed, and this morning I'm much more optimistic and happy with myself. I can feel my pulse beating high, my body being warmed up and energized. I feel alive right now. It's almost like a drug-like state that you can temporarily achieve.
I ate a breakfast that was 65% carbs, 20% fats and 15% protein.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

But you’re focussing on choline now as if that is the key to your liver while simultaneously taking 6 or 7 supplements that could be adding all sorts of heavy metals and impurities to the load your liver is dealing with daily.
I'm using pure powder Choline. Can powdered form of supplements contain heavy metals?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals