A Wish For More Energy

redsun

Glycine is really a game changer for me. In the past I used to get irritable/slightly anxious from methylation support. Glycine is necessary to buffer any excess of methyl groups, preventing what some people call (momentarily transient) overmethylation.

Chris Masterjohn has some interesting articles and videos about glycine and MTHFR.
Can you clarify? Do you mean glycine was reducing the anxiety/overstimulation caused by taking methyl donors or methylation support nutrients?

Glycine in high doses would be expected to strongly increase NMDA activity. This is beneficial in many ways (hormonally, and NT wise it helps with anxiety) and may be particularly helpful since Vitamin A has been shown to increase EAAT2 expression, which is the main transporter that takes glutamate out of the synapse. Retinol in excess can cause low glutamate symptoms through this mechanism. I have definitely experienced this which always happened the day after eating liver. And there's also the GNMT connection with vitamin A you previousoy mentioned which could theoretically deplete glycine when retinol doses are massive, which could result in NMDA hypoactivity.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Got some other results from my blood tests. This worries me, on top of the elevated liver enzymes.
Perhaps I am Vitamin A toxic.

Tested negative for Hepatitis B & C
Tested slightly positive for Anti-smooth muscle antibody and Anti-nuclear antibody. Both are associated with autoimmune disorders

Anti-smooth muscle antibodies are not often seen in diseases other than autoimmune hepatitis.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
+1

Also, have you taken steps to deplete yourself of PUFA and (more importantly I think) serotonin and clean your gut/liver? Until you do this, your metabolism is not going to work well and you will continue to physically feel this way. I'm not sure eating more sugar and adding in a couple supplements has ever cured anyone of these types of issues (I obviously could be wrong)..

If you are looking to supplement and are struggling with energy production, I would suggest doing some reading on the forum of B1, B2 and B3. You can eat all the carbs in the world but if you don't metabolize them properly, it's not going to help.
B3 totally gives me energy. I take few times a day.
How about lifting weights - working out with weights calorie burn continues when you finish.
Infrared sauna.
Get full blood panel with vitamins. VitaninbB3 ( and b vitamin complex ( take b3 and b 12 separatly) help a lot.
I take chewable vitamin c. Don’t take the two together.
Get sun when you can. Also make sure quality food and quality time for you.

Guy is important I drink kombucha in am. Gut will make difference.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Getting more and more drawn to the Vit. A as a toxin theory. My health has took a turn for the worse from “Peating”, I can’t rationalise it as healing or improving my metabolism anymore. Supplementing hormones has been an absolute disaster too.
I’m left with gyno, a fat waist, hairloss progressing, bloating, low energy, poor cognitive performance/ concentration, poor physical endurance, clogged sinuses.
Also realised how much little time I spend in the sun. Perhaps the Vitamin D angle is worth exploring too.
High Vit. A being toxic without outdoor lifestyle? But that’s what Morley Robbins preaches.

Last edited:

aniciete

Getting more and more drawn to the Vit. A as a toxin theory. My health has took a turn for the worse from “Peating”, I can’t rationalise it as healing or improving my metabolism anymore. Supplementing hormones has been an absolute disaster.
Also realised how much little time I spend in the sun. Perhaps the Vitamin D angle is worth exploring too.
High Vit. A being toxic without outdoor lifestyle? But that’s what Morley Robbins preaches.
Have you ever stopped dairy for a long period of time? It might be something to try if you haven’t already

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Have you ever stopped dairy for a long period of time? It might be something to try if you haven’t already
I have not.
I am almost certain that dairy or dairy in combination with starch/ wheat is giving me Seborrheic Dermatitis/ dandruff, and a stuffed nose.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Self-quote. This ties in with dairy as a problematic food group for me. Can also tie in with the Retinol/ Vitamin A toxicity

Only time I removed dairy was briefly during my Carnivore Diet. When I was a Carnivore, eating dairy would be a depression trigger in me.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Does this look like early stage carotenemia?
@Blossom
1D29153E-404B-4A91-8CDC-917DA41F74BA.jpeg

Attachments

• 3B44C2EA-A26C-45B0-A94E-4D4F14716F66.jpeg
    3B44C2EA-A26C-45B0-A94E-4D4F14716F66.jpeg
    365.4 KB · Views: 22
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

So I started the next phase of my dietary experiment: Low Vitamin A diet.
Had Jasmin rice last night sprinkled with lemon juice and sea salt, mixed with lightly-cooked ground sirloin and a Coke. Slept quite well.
Will be monitoring body temperature, pulse, frequency of morning erections, mental performance, vision.

Goals:
- Reverse my fatty liver
- improve my breathing, get rid of stuffy nose
- get rid of dermatitis/ dandruff, scalp itching
- reach optimal levels of physical energy and cognitive performance

Beef and rice will be the staples. Fruits will be consumed in small/ moderate quantities. High carb, moderate protein, lower fats. I will be eating olive oil as my main fat source.

I also started taking a Liver aid product, containing Choline, milk thistle extract, NAC...

Last edited:

TheCalciumCad

Does this look like early stage carotenemia?
@Blossom
View attachment 36606
Interestingly I noticed my hands/feet were orange when I got into Peating (so was likely there long before) and it went away after 12mo, pretty weird considering Peating I was having about 4x higher Vitamin A intake than previous + vit A supplements on top. Garrett Smith basically said if your hands/feet are orange its a sign damage is already done and just because it goes away doesn't mean you fixed it but that you broke it down and chucked it back in the liver.

laleto12

I have taken ***t tons of vitamin D and keep tanning every day of every summer past 4 years but still keep getting very low levels of vitamin D in blood tests.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I have taken ***t tons of vitamin D and keep tanning every day of every summer past 4 years but still keep getting very low levels of vitamin D in blood tests.
2-3 years ago, I took about 5000 IU for a few weeks, and it raised my blood levels to upper range of normal, so I know it works for me.
I spend very little in the sun.

laleto12

2-3 years ago, I took about 5000 IU for a few weeks, and it raised my blood levels to upper range of normal, so I know it works for me.
I spend very little in the sun.
If I remember correctly you were living in Greece? You should get out in the sun more, its a great tool to feel better instantly and improve your health. Personally I love sun and tanning

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals