A Wish For More Energy

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@Marcine Thanks for the message.
I am using a lot of tech during the day (computer work), and mostly phone in the evening (with warm light setup) and before bed.
Not getting much sunlight, and now that Autumn is here, that chance is gone for the next 6 months or so.

UPDATE: I was hit with an infectious disease the night before. My parotid glands have swollen and I got a fever. They put me on antibiotics, took blood tests, results yet to come. There is a minor chance it's parotiditis or Mono (epstein barr :(). Frightening thought.

Read on how Mono is the kissing disease. I made out heavily with a girl exactly 4 weeks ago (matches the incubation period of EBV)

Cirion

B complex is very energizing for me, and I also take 900 MG of Magnesium daily. Does this mineral help with ATP energy production ?

Magnesium is probably as important as salt in hypothyroid, you are doing the right thing. I also radically increased my magnesium intake, and I might double it again after reading that even taking 1,000 mg a day may lead you deficient, especially if you suffer health problems that deplete magnesium at a rapid pace.

Unfortunately, the article in question I read got taken down (the conspiracy theorist in me says google took it down to suppress alternative health theories, but I dunno). ANyway in it he said he was taking 1,000 mg a day and still woefully deficient, and that people who are deficient and unhealthy might need 2,000+ mg a day (not a typo). So even your 900 mg might not be enough, especially if you still feel any hypothyroid symptoms at all.

I'm also doubling up on B complex, another good idea. I was taking energin, now I'm adding an oral B complex to my stack as well.

B vitamins, magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium. All of these are used at a rapid pace in hypothyroid/stressful conditions. I am sure there are other vitamins/minerals that are used rapidly as well, but these are what I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
. Does this mineral help with ATP energy production ?
@haidut mentioned in the last Jodelle interview that magnesium is connected to every ATP molecule, or something to that effect. So yeh, way important.

Cirion

@haidut mentioned in the last Jodelle interview that magnesium is connected to every ATP molecule, or something to that effect. So yeh, way important.

Wow, I didn't know that. If that's true, that's huge, and that means you literally cannot make ATP without magnesium...

Frankdee20

Wow, I didn't know that. If that's true, that's huge, and that means you literally cannot make ATP without magnesium...

There was also a catch 22 to this as Haidutt mentioned. I forget exactly, but something like retaining Magnesium long enough in the cell.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Exactly.

I went to find it in the video and went to the exact spot. :shock: Go to 7:17 in the video:

Frankdee20

Magnesium is probably as important as salt in hypothyroid, you are doing the right thing. I also radically increased my magnesium intake, and I might double it again after reading that even taking 1,000 mg a day may lead you deficient, especially if you suffer health problems that deplete magnesium at a rapid pace.

Unfortunately, the article in question I read got taken down (the conspiracy theorist in me says google took it down to suppress alternative health theories, but I dunno). ANyway in it he said he was taking 1,000 mg a day and still woefully deficient, and that people who are deficient and unhealthy might need 2,000+ mg a day (not a typo). So even your 900 mg might not be enough, especially if you still feel any hypothyroid symptoms at all.

I'm also doubling up on B complex, another good idea. I was taking energin, now I'm adding an oral B complex to my stack as well.

B vitamins, magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium. All of these are used at a rapid pace in hypothyroid/stressful conditions. I am sure there are other vitamins/minerals that are used rapidly as well, but these are what I can think of off the top of my head.

It is amazing how much I believe I need, I can tell because the magnesium is correcting 2 decades old shoulder dyskenesis. They said I needed decompression surgery for it back in 2008. Slowly but surely, the winged scapula is laying flush against the back. It helps immensely with muscle problems. I am used to the NMDA blockade at this point.

Cirion

Gold. Listening now. Probably won't make it all the way through until later since I'm at work though.

Cirion

Really good interview in the 10 minutes or so I was able to listen to.

Here's food for thought that I didn't hear Haidut talk about in the piece I listened to though
(maybe he addresses it later on).

EMF's aggravate the calcium channels in the body and result in increased uptake into the cells, causing the excitotoxic effects that Georgi refers to. Since magnesium is the controller to prevent this from happening, if you're deficient in magnesium, this can't happen.

So maybe "EMF" hypersensitivity is nothing more than a deficiency of magnesium???

"People low in magnesium don't have restful sleep" *raises hand*. Welp.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Here's food for thought that I didn't hear Haidut talk about in the piece I listened to though

EMF's aggravate the calcium channels in the body and result in increased uptake into the cells, causing the excitotoxic effects that Georgi refers to. Since magnesium is the controller to prevent this from happening, if you're deficient in magnesium, this can't happen.
Yeh he addresses that in the video.
So maybe "EMF" hypersensitivity is nothing more than a deficiency of magnesium???
Wouldn't that be something. *Gulps mag bicarb.

Frankdee20

"People low in magnesium don't have restful sleep" *raises hand*. Welp.

That is so interesting you mentioned this, it did not occur to me before....I used to have this issue, extended exposure to computer screens would mess up my muscle tension, and make me anxious. Now that I use Magnesium, this does not bother me, and I sit at a desk for hours.

Energyforlife

What should we eat to find energy?

I have trouble with my tiredness to know what to buy at the store.
Do you have an idea ?

I want more energy

Frankdee20

What brand do u use

I have used many decent products and various formulations of the mineral. Since I like a higher intake, the closest product that supplied minimal fillers, with good amounts of Magnesium per capsule was TRI-MAG. It is made by Integrative Therapeutics and uses Citrate/Oxide/Malate/Krebs Cycle 300 MG per capsule.

thomas00

• Levo (T4) 25 mcg

Why are you taking t4 only?

And perhaps more importantly, why hasn't anyone pointed out to you what a problem this is?!

The thyroid gland, which normally produces some T3, will decrease its production in the presence of increased thyroxine. Therefore, thyroxine often acts as a "thyroid anti-hormone," especially in women. When thyroxine was tested in healthy young male medical students, it seemed to function "just like the thyroid hormone," but in people who are seriously hypothyroid, it can suppress their oxidative metabolism even more. It's a very common, but very serious, mistake to call thyroxine "the thyroid hormone."

An Interview With Dr. Raymond Peat: A Renowned Nutritional Counselor Offers His Thoughts About Thyroid Disease / Thyroid Disease Information Source - Articles/FAQs

LUH 3417

I have used many decent products and various formulations of the mineral. Since I like a higher intake, the closest product that supplied minimal fillers, with good amounts of Magnesium per capsule was TRI-MAG. It is made by Integrative Therapeutics and uses Citrate/Oxide/Malate/Krebs Cycle 300 MG per capsule.
Thnx

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@thomas00 The T4 I'm taking is very low dose (12.5 mcg). You think I'd be better without it?

I oficially now have the worst sleep of my life on peating. I think my deep sleep has been absolutely destroyed. Hot flushes, adrenaline wake-up at night, thirsty and needing to pee.
Anything more than 2 cups of coffee gives me anxiety and jitters. Red Bull in the afternoon is a blow to my sleep too.
Last night I was wide awake for hours on end.

Last week I was on a course of antibiotics for a viral infection and it killed my appetite. Been feeling very weak and low energy, stopped going to the gym for now.