A Wish For More Energy

I really need to experiment some more with changing my diet. Digestive problems still persist, also chronic mild allergies, sneezing, clogged nose especially.
The standard Peat template does not suit me at my current state.

I was feeling quite low energy and I personally asked myself what sounded good and nutricious to me,and the answer that came to me was: stew. So I bought a crockpot at walmart for $16, bought some beef stew cuts, a shank of lamb, and beef bones for added gelatin; got the veggies that sounded good to me (broccoli, carrots, potatoes and a bit of kale and onion); glimpsed at a stew recipe online but then followed my gut instinct (lightly brown all the meat and the diced veggies in a pan, then throw everything in the crockpot, fill it with your preferred liquid (mine was 1/2 bone broth 1/2 OJ); and then let it simmer overnight in the crockpot/slow cooker on low).

The stew turned out delicious and feels very nourishing for me to eat. And it's the easiest thing in the world to make.

My suggestion isn't really to eat stew (although what could be healthier for you, really??) - but to ask yourself: what sounds nourishing and good to you personally? Hopefully your body will talk to you through a gut feeling.

Runenight201

I was feeling quite low energy and I personally asked myself what sounded good and nutricious to me,and the answer that came to me was: stew. So I bought a crockpot at walmart for $16, bought some beef stew cuts, a shank of lamb, and beef bones for added gelatin; got the veggies that sounded good to me (broccoli, carrots, potatoes and a bit of kale and onion); glimpsed at a stew recipe online but then followed my gut instinct (lightly brown all the meat and the diced veggies in a pan, then throw everything in the crockpot, fill it with your preferred liquid (mine was 1/2 bone broth 1/2 OJ); and then let it simmer overnight in the crockpot/slow cooker on low).

The stew turned out delicious and feels very nourishing for me to eat. And it's the easiest thing in the world to make.

My suggestion isn't really to eat stew (although what could be healthier for you, really??) - but to ask yourself: what sounds nourishing and good to you personally? Hopefully your body will talk to you through a gut feeling.

You had me until you put OJ in your stew... it sounds so wrong but until I try it I don’t want to judge too heavily.

Jennifer

Today, I only ate raw milk
  • raw milk 3-4l
  • sugar and salt added to millk
  • a few apricots
  • basmati rice and goat cheese in little amounts.
It's now the end of the day, and I noticed my bloating has significantly reduced. Mentally, I also felt a switch. Optimism overload, brain fog clearing.

Conclusions:
  • I tolerate raw milk extremely well, and it gives me stable energy
  • my brain fog is 100% caused by my chronic bloating
YAY!!! I'm happy to read this! I hope you continue to see improvements. Brain fog really is a terrible thing to deal with...and the despair. :( My sexual health improved as my digestion improved so I wouldn’t be surprised if yours does, too. Keep the faith. :):

You had me until you put OJ in your stew... it sounds so wrong but until I try it I don’t want to judge too heavily.

That was just what I felt inspired to do (turned out delicious). I told my mom about my (insert your own ingredients here) stew recipe and instead of using OJ, she just used water + bouillon cube. She said it was great. Just add whatever liquid sounds good to you. Bone broth, water + bouillon, OJ+bone broth, apple juice, lol. I've been making up recipes for years so I know that a touch of sweet can be quite delicious in savory dishes, but follow your own tastes.

My point is that it's ridiculously easy to make a super healthy dish, just by buying whatever ingredients you want and throwing them into a $16 crockpot overnight. I think stew could possibly be one of the healthiest dishes ever (it has meat, bone broth, vegetable broth, potato protein, etc, etc). It's delicious, filling,..And it's so easy to make! It's going to be a staple for me from now on.

jet9

I dipped again in learned helplessness and despair until today. My **** is dead. Haven't got a morning boner in the last month.
I am now convinced eliminating bloating / endotoxin / serotonin is my major challenge.
  • raw milk 3-4l
  • a few apricots
It's now the end of the day, and I noticed my bloating has significantly reduced. Mentally, I also felt a switch. Optimism overload, brain fog clearing.

Conclusions:
Where are you buying raw milk ?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Kinda getting addicted again to working out. This time in the sun
Feel so good evening after a workout, it's the highlight of my day

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@jet9 local farm.
Been getting more palpitations episodes and troubles sleeping since drinking that much milk.
Guessing Magnesium requirements, will supplement.

Vileplume

I dipped again in learned helplessness and despair until today. My **** is dead. Haven't got a morning boner in the last month.
I am now convinced eliminating bloating / endotoxin / serotonin is my major challenge.
  • raw milk 3-4l
  • a few apricots

Conclusions:

It seems that we face the same major challenge. Are you still consuming a lot of milk? I saw your post about palpitations and trouble sleeping. Lately I've been drinking a good amount of raw goat milk (like 8 cups a day), and on the days where I drink a lot of it my mood feels incredibly stable. If I dip down to like 6 cups, my temps tank and so does my mood and ability to focus. I eat meat sometimes, but my body doesn't really crave it and sometimes the idea of eating meat sounds gross, even when it's time to eat. I've been thinking about upping the milk even further.

Fexxx

I haven’t read all your posts but I also had year’s long episodes with low energy. I tried all kind of foods and supplements but food always made me tired. Finally I tried some Betaine HCL ...and this Fooddrowsyness is gone mostly - what a relief. I know there are also other endless Tipps regarding Hypochlorida but Betaine HCL finally works.

ursidae

I haven’t read all your posts but I also had year’s long episodes with low energy. I tried all kind of foods and supplements but food always made me tired. Finally I tried some Betaine HCL ...and this Fooddrowsyness is gone mostly - what a relief. I know there are also other endless Tipps regarding Hypochlorida but Betaine HCL finally works.
Which brand are you using? I had some success with betaine initially even though I couldn’t feel the warmth with 9+ capsules. However it eventually started causing me severe pain which went away after I stopped it (though it could’ve been the digestive enzymes causing it too since I stopped Using them at the same time)

Fexxx

I use a local Brand from Germany with less Fillers and Porcrine Pepsin (The NOW Brand has Pepsin from Mold, which seems to be Problematic for some users). I also tried the Enzymes from Enzymedica but got some stomache aches from it. I have a history of gastritis , so I started with small Doses (650-1300mg) AFTER a Meal which seems to be enough.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

So, I'm not going to continue with my high milk experiment. I've had some acne surfacing on my back and face, it surely must be because of too much milk. My chest also feels a bit oddly swolen

ursidae

Just load up on the liver bro, milk doesn’t cause acne

Last edited:

Korven

So, I'm not going to continue with my high milk experiment. I've had some acne surfacing on my back and face, it surely must be because of too much milk. My chest also feels a bit oddly swolen

I've been back and forth 18327 times now with milk.

It goes like this:

I go on here and read a bunch of testimonials about the awesomeness of milk and how it actually is a superfood for humans... It's a complete food, warms you up like nothing else, doesn't cause any problems with endotoxin/serotonin, long-lived people drink lots of milk, it feeds harmless gut bacteria, if you can't tolerate milk it's your problem - not the milk, and so on.

So I start drinking milk while listening to interviews with Ray Peat and am amazed at how smart he is. I feel great on it initially, it tastes delicious and I get nice warm feet and hands, so I come on here to tell other people how great milk is.

A few days go by and I get maybe one small red spot on my face. "Well that's not the milk, it must be the rice I ate 5 days ago" and I continue drinking milk in denial.

A few months go by where I try to change all dietary/supplement variables except for dairy, and my skin has completely gone down the shitter again and now I also have large scaly dandruff. Yet I still convince myself that milk is good for me.

Finally I decide to quit dairy, skin goes back to normal. Then I go back on the milk rollercoaster and make all the same mistakes again... Sigh.

Well I am officially done with dairy now. Heavy duty antibiotics and strong topicals wasn't able to clear my skin recently until I removed all dairy products again. That's evidence enough for me.

Back to a basic "bro bodybuilding diet" with meat, rice and lentils and skin is looking great again. Anyone with skin issues should probably get off the "Peat diet" (yes I get it there's no such thing as a Peat diet lol)

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Think I'm going to start my next experiment doing a predominantly fruitarian / vegan diet, while still implementing Peat principles. It's pretty much the only one I haven't tried long enough.
Will have to supplement with a vegan protein powder, as I'm not going to eat beans and lentils and such.

@Korven Same as you. Milk was fine for a couple of days, until it wasn't :(

ursidae

It goes like this:

I go on here and read a bunch of testimonials about the awesomeness of milk and how it actually is a superfood for humans... It's a complete food, warms you up like nothing else, doesn't cause any problems with endotoxin/serotonin, long-lived people drink lots of milk, it feeds harmless gut bacteria, if you can't tolerate milk it's your problem - not the milk, and so on.

So I start drinking milk while listening to interviews with Ray Peat and am amazed at how smart he is. I feel great on it initially, it tastes delicious and I get nice warm feet and hands, so I come on here to tell other people how great milk is.

A few days go by and I get maybe one small red spot on my face. "Well that's not the milk, it must be the rice I ate 5 days ago" and I continue drinking milk in denial.

A few months go by where I try to change all dietary/supplement variables except for dairy, and my skin has completely gone down the shitter again and now I also have large scaly dandruff. Yet I still convince myself that milk is good for me.

Finally I decide to quit dairy, skin goes back to normal. Then I go back on the milk rollercoaster and make all the same mistakes again... Sigh.

Well I am officially done with dairy now. Heavy duty antibiotics and strong topicals wasn't able to clear my skin recently until I removed all dairy products again. That's evidence enough for me.

Back to a basic "bro bodybuilding diet" with meat, rice and lentils and skin is looking great again. Anyone with skin issues should probably get off the "Peat diet" (yes I get it there's no such thing as a Peat diet lol)
Lmao
This is exactly what happens to me every time I brainwash myself into peating. Except I don’t even drink milk. Cheese is enough to ruin me. And oysters dont fix it

M

metabolizm

It goes like this:

I've had a similar experience.

But I seem to do fine with small amounts of milk - in my coffee, and the occasional glass with a meal if I crave it.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Vileplume

there must be a middle ground here. Anything extreme that I do (lots of milk, lots of meat, lots of gelatin, lots of juice) ultimately leads to anxiety, loss of sex drive.

Lately for me, I’ve been heavy on the milk and have developed this orange coating on my tongue and have not had a boner in like 2-3 days, although milk seems to help my digestion and heat me up sometimes. Felt like ***t yesterday though, terrible digestion, and couldn’t tell if it was the meat, dairy, or something else. Frick man, so hard to pin down the effects of individual foods.

Very ripe fruit seems to be the only one I can fully trust, but even then I’ll question it sometimes... the best I can do is track symptoms. Like if I’m eating the right foods, this will happen:
-thoughts about sex will actually lead to an erection (rather then no effect down there)
-poops feel satisfying
-not so much ***t on my tongue, no gross feeling in my mouth like I always have bad breath
-social, happy to be around people
-not angry or irritable
-desire to get work done, ability to focus
-greater enjoyment of music

Last edited:

B___Danny

simple. if you carve milk, drink it until you dont crave it anymore. any real problems that come from a food come from eating it when you don't crave it. if you crave it and you have a response to it, it is likely that healing is being initiated in the body. also, most food allergy problems come when not consuming enough energy alongside that food and also being in an energy deficet (chronic dieting or stress induced undereating). Try milk but mix it half and half with cream. Try 2 cups milk 2 cups cream 2 cups maple syrup and two cups eggs. No way youll experience the same effects.