A Wish For More Energy

ExCarniv

Had a fine (for my standards) sleep last night. Used ear plugs and an eye mask. Took some Mag. Glycinate and Taurine before bed.
Also, did not drink coffee after 2pm the day before.
I slept almost 9hrs. I did wake up once, was thirsty, drank some water + honey, and went back to bed. I reckon I got a good amount of deep sleep after.

Today, it happens that my stomach feels lighter, my digestion is regular, I'm less bloated. What's remarcable is how my energy levels instantly feel higher. I guess this is what normal people feel everyday. It also affects my mental state. I'm suddenly feeling more optimistic about life.

Lesson to take is that digestion does have a strong influence on energy levels.
My main priority right now should be in fixing my digestive system, avoid foods that bloat me. This would get me to a decent baseline energy levels. On top of which I can further optimize.

Good to hear man, I'm having good nights of sleep lately after some recommendations here, that alone is improving my energy levels a lot.

But yeah digestion and sleep should be number one priorities, I have digestion covered already I know which foods are a no for me and now I'm working on sleep.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Good to hear man, I'm having good nights of sleep lately after some recommendations here, that alone is improving my energy levels a lot.

But yeah digestion and sleep should be number one priorities, I have digestion covered already I know which foods are a no for me and now I'm working on sleep.

So true man.

What are you going to do for sleep optimisation?

I have some awesome sleep hacks up my sleeves.

Energyforlife

I have the same obsession as you.

I really wonder what to eat.

I have dandruff, nail fungus, baldness.

I would like to avoid taking supplements and finding vitamins or other in nature.

How did you get there?

lisamarie1010

Have you thought about upping the calories? How liberal are you with sugar? I've noticed that as I've become a high tolerance sugar burner I need more and more. It frightens me but I feel excellent now, I guess all the anti sugar over the years has irked me out a little...

I would seriously suggest eating more calories as an experiment. Enjoy it, it's delightful when you eat what you love. For me it's milk and honey and it's always top quality here in Australia.

Do you have meaning in life? I suggest finding ways in which you can relate to things on a deeper level. Do things because you love doing them, beware the orthorexic eating patterns of those who don't actually eat the food they love.

If that doesn't work you might want to ask where all your energy goes? Could there be a reasonable explanation as to where you use all your energy throughout the day? Focus upon the day on an hourly basis and see if your overworking your mind/body/energetics by not being authentic. Notice how inauthentic relationships lead to exhausting conversations? We are in a relationship with everything in this life, some say they're in a relationship with God, it means the same...

What an excellent suggestion - where does the energy go? Never considered this. Thanks for the expansion!

lisamarie1010

So true man.

What are you going to do for sleep optimisation?

I have some awesome sleep hacks up my sleeves.

love some sleep hacks: Have BWE, breathing, warm milk/sugar/salt, happiness - practice releasing and slowing thoughts. What you got? Love anything new. Sleep a few hours, sweat, awake, thinking, back to seel DEEP and up again...

jzeno

@GreekDemiGod I'll recommend something that I do myself. I recommend eating habanero peppers. I eat 2/day with as much milk as I want. I used to have strikingly similar symptoms to yours and on a weird whim I began eating habanero peppers and I feel so much better.

It's weird but I used to be so sleepy all the time and mildly depressed and all I wanted to do was just lay around even though I wanted to do things I didn't have any energy to do anything. So I would sleep, eat, go to work and then just veg out on the couch because I had no energy to do anything more than that and I've been loosely 'peating' for a while.

I began eating the peppers because of a study where capsaicin (found in hot peppers like habanero) shrank tumor size and recently I found a strange lump on my abdomen and I thought I could eat some peppers in the meantime until my doctor's appointment. I was desperate and the study seemed promising and habanero peppers are dirt cheap and I could stomach spicy peppers if I could get rid of cancer--no brainer.

So, I do feel better and I've been eating 2 peppers/day (if not more) for a little over a week. I feel better every other day so I just keep eating them. The discomfort from the spice is short term and it can be kinda fun because it's so scary how spicy a pepper might be, but I know I'll be fine in like 20 minutes.

Here's the study on capsaicin shrinking tumors: Capsaicin, a component of red peppers, inhibits the growth of androgen-independent, p53 mutant prostate cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Capsaicin causes cancer cells to commit suicide: Pepper Component Hot Enough To Trigger Suicide In Prostate Cancer Cells

Here's another study--even more important for you--on capsaicin affecting depression: Capsaicin produces antidepressant-like effects in the forced swimming test and enhances the response of a sub-effective dose of amitriptyline in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Capsaicin reduces inflammation, which is connected with depression: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0898656802000864

Eat some peppers!

All the best.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Something is happening to me and I'm not sure what to make of it.
I've mentioned before how I struggle with apathy / depression. Last week or so has been worse. I'm suddenly hit with intense boredome for all things in life, and I can recognize it's not the 'I am bored, I need something to distract myself with' phase.
I even lost interest in going to the gym, which was one of the things that's keeping me alive. This is scary.:(
Self confidence has dipped too

Could this be explained maybe by re-adjustment of hormones / neurotransmitters? Maybe a shift in the serotonin - dopamine balance?
And if this were to be the case, how long does it last (I compare it to the Nofap flatline)? Any way to heavily boost dopamine?
I'm now 2 months into peating.

Note: I've increased the dosage of Pyridoxine HCL past few days, up to 100 mg.

rei

proviron can be purchased without a prescription over there, so it might be a good easy place to start? Or if EU has finally cracked down on sales then take the ferry over to turkey where it is available in every pharmacy. If this is not possible i suggest cholesterol powder. If you have all the necessary cofactors for conversion into steroids you can reliably boost your levels significantly. Additionally taking cholesterol frees up enormous amounts of energy from synthesizing it endogenously, which can be used for other restorative processes. Eggs might also work if eaten in significant amounts daily, but i remember reading the absorption is poor because the cholesterol is bound so you need to eat a lot to have a chance at similar effect.

Combined with tribulus terrestris (or similar) product you can additionally steer the cascade in the desired direction.

Last edited:

Jamesu

Something is happening to me and I'm not sure what to make of it.
I've mentioned before how I struggle with apathy / depression. Last week or so has been worse. I'm suddenly hit with intense boredome for all things in life, and I can recognize it's not the 'I am bored, I need something to distract myself with' phase.
I even lost interest in going to the gym, which was one of the things that's keeping me alive. This is scary.:(
Self confidence has dipped too

Could this be explained maybe by re-adjustment of hormones / neurotransmitters? Maybe a shift in the serotonin - dopamine balance?
And if this were to be the case, how long does it last (I compare it to the Nofap flatline)? Any way to heavily boost dopamine?
I'm now 2 months into peating.

Note: I've increased the dosage of Pyridoxine HCL past few days, up to 100 mg.

Would you have considered yourself an alpha male type? If so then maybe you've depleted your serotonin which was responsible for the satisfactory alpha state of mind. From there you'll probably re adjust your neural chemistry to be more in favour of natural dopamine cycles.

I guess brain chemistry could be modulated through external changes, but I strongly advise you ask yourself with ut most sincerity as to why you're discontent about things which brought you "happiness" in the past. Perhaps start meditating on Maslow's hierarchy of needs - as you may find there's a pediment somewhere in the ladder. Remember that you have profoundly changed your life with deit and lifestyle changes, which may have changed your authentic "self". Something that impacting and meaningful shouldn't be completely personal, try sharing it with family or friends. Human connection can be key (especially as you diminish serotonin pathways which deplete you of all empathy).

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@rei Proviron? No way I'm taking AAS
@Jamesu On the contrary, I never considered myself alpha / dominant.
I was Timid, shy, low self-image most of my life.

Jamesu

I see. Well the second paragraph still stands as solid advice.

On another note, I must share my personal discontents with the modern world. It feels like a technocratic dark age... I admit to my pessimism, however it's no joke that things aren't looking good here in the west. We're surrounded by corporate monoliths in automotive-centric infrastructure, our digital media is hostile and our lifestyles are self inflicted violence. What's there to love about living in "the safest time in human history" apart from that fact...

Over this view comes a design for meaning. We can break free, we can lead by example, we can improve our health, self education is easier than ever (although an ideological minefield), our age is revolutionary... I think we have both individual and collective agency, especially in communities such as this forum.

Runenight201

I had a similar experience sat night. I’ve been hit with depression multiple times sporadically, but this experience was different. Usually when I experience depressed states I have very low energy and am very sad about my state of being. On sat night, I actually had energy, felt fine, but simply felt a complete lack of desire to do anything!

I finally had the urge to go by some marijuana, which was nice, simply because I had a desire. The complete lack of desire is a terrible state to be in. Desire is what makes life interesting for us!

Well, what I dissected from that experience wasn’t that marijuana fixed my problems (although it certainly made me more self-aware of things that I was not paying attention to), but I did realize that I was seeking anything that would “fix” me, aka give me desire again. Being in the state imo means that something dietary I’ve done isn’t correct, and I have to correct it. Now, the Buddhist would disagree, but the Buddha is also content with just hanging around under a tree all day.

I do not think there is any *one* solution that can be implemented to safely keep dopamine high. Even things like caffeine and sugar will take your body out of sync if overused. There’s always pharmaceutical drugs and supplements, but one plays at their own risk. There’s the peaty diet, and then the *application* of the peaty diet, which is the best solution, but the application is much easier said than done. I don’t believe things get worse before they get better, or in flatlining. Sometimes apathy hits and there’s nothing that can be done about it until next meal time, but a diet tended towards fruit, milk, and sugar *should* help guard against that.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@Runenight201 I can relate.
Thinking maybe my foray into peating has been too abrupt, and it should have been more gradual instead.
I went from Carnivore to a 2 week transition period of reintroducing carbs & starch, and then jumped into peating.
My sleep has took a hit and this massively impacts energy levels.

rei

Only suggested it because it is a very safe alternative that has some real effect and it is easy for you to get. If your health is not too bad cholesterol powder should be superior in most ways but hard to find

But if you have low energy and don't feel confident you almost certainly have low anabolic/protective steroid levels and high catabolic/stress ones.

Marcine

Have you thought about upping the calories? How liberal are you with sugar? I've noticed that as I've become a high tolerance sugar burner I need more and more. It frightens me but I feel excellent now, I guess all the anti sugar over the years has irked me out a little...

I would seriously suggest eating more calories as an experiment. Enjoy it, it's delightful when you eat what you love. For me it's milk and honey and it's always top quality here in Australia.

Do you have meaning in life? I suggest finding ways in which you can relate to things on a deeper level. Do things because you love doing them, beware the orthorexic eating patterns of those who don't actually eat the food they love.

If that doesn't work you might want to ask where all your energy goes? Could there be a reasonable explanation as to where you use all your energy throughout the day? Focus upon the day on an hourly basis and see if your overworking your mind/body/energetics by not being authentic. Notice how inauthentic relationships lead to exhausting conversations? We are in a relationship with everything in this life, some say they're in a relationship with God, it means the same...
I think you are the closest to my way of beingness than anyone I have read here and on the FB pages. Embodiment is a real problem as most of us have been left without our female brain in our pelvic bowl. Phillip Shepard is my current hero. Radical Wholeness. Add Peating for the win! How much cll phone/tech/wifi may be a factor for this Greek. No K2 in that stack either. Circadian rhythm, did he mention his sleep?

Marcine

@Runenight201 I can relate.
Thinking maybe my foray into peating has been too abrupt, and it should have been more gradual instead.
I went from Carnivore to a 2 week transition period of reintroducing carbs & starch, and then jumped into peating.
My sleep has took a hit and this massively impacts energy levels.
I was carn and took it slow. Our livers are not converting thyroid. Also depression, sleep could be high serotonin/cortisol. Are you using alot of tech, blue light steals dopamine. Getting sunlight? Taking D just is not the same. You might want to use a red light device. Ppl are reporting huge benefits and Peat mentions it. Read Generative Energy by Peat for info. Archive.org Giorgi on Live with Danny are chock full of goodness youtubes, Jodellefit. Sorry if this repetitve, I'm a newbie put super happy with my energy levels taking progesterone and some t3 currently. Blessings!

Marcine

Try to go outside and do some calisthenics, physical movement under the sun is one of the more refreshing activities for a better mood.
Exercise? Really. Lay about in the sun is better at his point of recovery. Excercise raises stress hormones remember?

ExCarniv

Exercise? Really. Lay about in the sun is better at his point of recovery. Excercise raises stress hormones remember?

He lift heavy weights in the gym, so bodyweight exercises under the sun is way less stressful than barbell heavy weights.

Frankdee20

B complex is very energizing for me, and I also take 900 MG of Magnesium daily. Does this mineral help with ATP energy production ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals