A Wish For More Energy

JKX

Gut health is incredibly complex, no doubt. Did those foods give you problems when you were a child? I think if we see metabolism markers in children as generally being representative of a healthy state, then it's reasonable to see gut health markers in children in the same light. For me this indicates a bifidobacterial dominant gut to be a sign of health. Good production of SCFAs to support metabolism and low production of lactic acid.

Megaspore is the only thing that has allowed me to fully tolerate milk again. No issues. Even with that I don't seem to have the desire to drink any more than 1 litre per day. I do eat around 50g of cheese daily at lunch.

If I were in your position, I'd be trying the Megaspore product and possibly following that up with bimuno or perhaps colostrum. But again, that's just based on my own experience of what helped.

If the inulin in veggies is giving you problems, then avoid for the time being. No point throwing fuel on the fire. Something like apple pectin may be helpful in pushing the gut towards helpful SCFAs and reducing lactic producing bacteria populations.

JKX

I've never had a stool analysis done but it may aid your decision making process which can only be a good thing. They appear a little pricey though. If you are in the UK there was a college in London offering the test at a reduced rate I believe as part of a gut bacteria mapping project. I do not know if this is still ongoing.

Vins7

Gut health is incredibly complex, no doubt. Did those foods give you problems when you were a child? I think if we see metabolism markers in children as generally being representative of a healthy state, then it's reasonable to see gut health markers in children in the same light. For me this indicates a bifidobacterial dominant gut to be a sign of health. Good production of SCFAs to support metabolism and low production of lactic acid.

Megaspore is the only thing that has allowed me to fully tolerate milk again. No issues. Even with that I don't seem to have the desire to drink any more than 1 litre per day. I do eat around 50g of cheese daily at lunch.

If I were in your position, I'd be trying the Megaspore product and possibly following that up with bimuno or perhaps colostrum. But again, that's just based on my own experience of what helped.

If the inulin in veggies is giving you problems, then avoid for the time being. No point throwing fuel on the fire. Something like apple pectin may be helpful in pushing the gut towards helpful SCFAs and reducing lactic producing bacteria populations.
I can't get calostrum or megaspore, i'm from Spain.
My doc prescribed me vsl3, I was taking It one Monty but nothing changed.
When I was a child and teenager I was really really healthy, awesome energy, libido, digestion, mood, temperature...
From my 20s due to stress and bad habits (not respecting circadian rhythms, drinking and smoking on weekends, sedentary lifestyle, bad food) my controlled health.
They also operated on me for appendicitis and I took an antibiotic for helicobacter for 10 days (I don't currently have it).
He tried to eat better, rest, not smoke, not drink, but the situation does not change.

mrchibbs

Low thyroid is often the root cause. A guy named Andrew Kim had a blog and wrote about this but basically without thyroid and the warmth it creates many digestive enzymes simply can’t work.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Low thyroid is often the root cause. A guy named Andrew Kim had a blog and wrote about this but basically without thyroid and the warmth it creates many digestive enzymes simply can’t work.
Whenever I'm out after a hot shower or my temps are reasonably high, I can somehow feel my digestion being 'faster'.

mrchibbs

Whenever I'm out after a hot shower or my temps are reasonably high, I can somehow feel my digestion being 'faster'.

That's the idea, simply warming up the body (even artificially) will make digestion more efficient. Keep in mind we're basically walking chemical labs, and heat is necessary for many chemical reactions, and some enzymes simply don't work below a certain temperature.

Vins7

That's the idea, simply warming up the body (even artificially) will make digestion more efficient. Keep in mind we're basically walking chemical labs, and heat is necessary for many chemical reactions, and some enzymes simply don't work below a certain temperature.
So,
Does gaining muscle and gaining weight increase body temperature?
And if this is correct, would it improve overall digestion?
I mean, it may be the solution for some of us (I am underweight, 1.77m. 55kg). eating more calories to gain weight, even if there are digestive problems, to improve digestion and metabolism?
Or body weight is not relato to increase body?

mrchibbs

So,
Does gaining muscle and gaining weight increase body temperature?
And if this is correct, would it improve overall digestion?
I mean, it may be the solution for some of us (I am underweight, 1.77m. 55kg). eating more calories to gain weight, even if there are digestive problems, to improve digestion and metabolism?
Or body weight is not relato to increase body?

Gaining fat does not increase metabolism, gaining muscle mass, yes.

When you get healthy, you will slowly put on mass, don't eat more calories to push it.

If you're bloated all the time, it's simply because you're probably very hypothyroid and you don't have the energetic resources to digest your food well. Eat small portions frequently instead of big meals.

Don't overeat, just eat to reduce stress. Of course avoid grains, starches, legumes, nuts i.e. the things more likely to cause digestive difficulties.

Vins7

Gaining fat does not increase metabolism, gaining muscle mass, yes.

When you get healthy, you will slowly put on mass, don't eat more calories to push it.

If you're bloated all the time, it's simply because you're probably very hypothyroid and you don't have the energetic resources to digest your food well. Eat small portions frequently instead of big meals.

Don't overeat, just eat to reduce stress. Of course avoid grains, starches, legumes, nuts i.e. the things more likely to cause digestive difficulties.
Thank you for your advice.
It is difficult for me not to eat starches. I think it's stressful not doing it for me.
I will try not eating starches and grains too, so I will eat only meat, fish, eggs, milk, juice and honey but I think that maybe It could constipate me more, i'm not sure.
I'm always bloated but I think that it's more liquid.

mrchibbs

Thank you for your advice.
It is difficult for me not to eat starches. I think it's stressful not doing it for me.
I will try not eating starches and grains too, so I will eat only meat, fish, eggs, milk, juice and honey but I think that maybe It could constipate me more, i'm not sure.
I'm always bloated but I think that it's more liquid.

You have to figure out what works for you. If you like starch go for it, they just cause problems for many people.
The best advice I can give is to eat small portions, and be very relaxed when you eat.

Vins7

You have to figure out what works for you. If you like starch go for it, they just cause problems for many people.
The best advice I can give is to eat small portions, and be very relaxed when you eat.
Thank you mrchibbs, If I remember well Ray said something like for someone with digestive issues it's important to try without starch.

mrchibbs

Thank you mrchibbs, If I remember well Ray said something like for someone with digestive issues it's important to try without starch.

It is especially important when we're stressed and hypothyroid to minimize starches, because the starches particles can pass through the intestine, and block capillaries and arteries, and that's bad news.

GelatinGoblin

It is especially important when we're stressed and hypothyroid to minimize starches, because the starches particles can pass through the intestine, and block capillaries and arteries, and that's bad news.

Potatoes after exercise or when you are stressed is a very good option for reducing stress, not any other food is a better option for straight glucose. Perhaps sugar, but too much insulin from it being digested too fast isn't ideal. Those big red potatoes with the skin also have Zinc, countering the catabolic effects of exercise and stress in general on the thyroid; and they have Potassium, along with some salt you get a very good meal for reducing bodily stress. Of course if you have problems digesting startch you shouldn't eat it, but always going for 'safe' foods doesn't leave you much space to explore and eat as you please.

GelatinGoblin

I fell for the dogma :(

"In diabetes, there is a generalized excess activation of the PKC system. The starch-based diet, emphasizing grains, beans, nuts, and vegetables, has been promoted with a variety of justifications. When people are urged to reduce their fat and sugar consumption, they are told to eat more starch. Starch stimulates the appetite, promotes fat synthesis by stimulating insulin secretion, and sometimes increases the growth of bacteria that produce toxins. It is often associated with allergens, and according to Gerhard Volkheimer, whole starch grains can be "persorbed" from the intestine directly into the blood stream where they may block arterioles, causing widely distributed nests of cell-death. I have heard dietitians urge the use of "complex carbohydrates" (starch) instead of sugar. In the first physiology lab I took, we fed rats a large blob of moist cornstarch with a stomach tube, and then after waiting a few minutes, were told to dissect the rat to find out "how far the starch had gone." In such a short time, we were surprised to find that not a trace of the starch could be found. The professor's purpose was to impress us with the rapidity with which starch is digested and absorbed. Various studies have demonstrated that starch (composed of pure glucose) raises blood glucose more quickly than sucrose (half fructose, half glucose) does. The sudden increase of blood glucose is sometimes thought to contribute to the development of diabetes, but if it does, it is probably mediated by fat metabolism and the hormones other than just insulin."

The topic of startch is abit more complex than I thought, but for now, my take on it is that you eat startch and see how you respond.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Woke up with 36.3C for the past 2 days. That is 97.3 F. An improvement for me, personally. What I noticed: I'm able to get out of bed faster, I'm feeling less groggy, not in dire need of morning coffee to function. Overall increased energy levels both in the morning and throught the day. Working out is more enjoyable.
This is good news. Maybe the fact that it's summer now has an influence. Can't imagine how good it will feel to wake up with 36.6 C consistently.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I must be burning through stored glycogen really fast.
Took 45g of carbs pre-workout (Red Bull and a protein drink). Come the end of my workout, hypoglycemia kicked in

milkboi

Took 45g of carbs pre-workout (Red Bull and a protein drink). Come the end of my workout, hypoglycemia kicked in

Try eating more sat fat to buffer the glucose oxidation. @CLASH ‘s recommendations are excellent

Markus

Probably due to reactive hypoglycemia. I react the same when sipping on carbs during my workout.

mrchibbs

Woke up with 36.3C for the past 2 days. That is 97.3 F. An improvement for me, personally. What I noticed: I'm able to get out of bed faster, I'm feeling less groggy, not in dire need of morning coffee to function. Overall increased energy levels both in the morning and throught the day. Working out is more enjoyable.
This is good news. Maybe the fact that it's summer now has an influence. Can't imagine how good it will feel to wake up with 36.6 C consistently.

Good progress! Keep it up!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals