A Wish For More Energy

M

metabolizm

Dairy really kills all energy.

I've been finding this too. Drinking more milk than usual - still, a long way off the gallon that some people are consuming - and my energy is just crap. It's so frustrating, because clearly it does not have this effect on everyone.

mrchibbs

Yeh its the same for me. I eat a big sirloin steak and I feel pretty good the day of but it also vastly improves energy and brain function the next day as well. I don't eat ribeyes really just get sirloin or sirloin top which doesnt have the fat that ribeyes has so more protein overall while still being tender.

I find that combining seafood and meat like a steak and some shrimps or oysters maybe, is really a powerful combo.

I personally get sick of eating the same cuts, but I enjoyed oxtail a lot in the past year, less so during summer, but it's a great cut and had really strong benefits for inflammation, and brought on a ''settled'' feeling.

mrchibbs

I've been finding this too. Drinking more milk than usual - still, a long way off the gallon that some people are consuming - and my energy is just crap. It's so frustrating, because clearly it does not have this effect on everyone.

Yeah, for me milk is really energizing. I also don't force myself to drink it to reach a particular daily amount, I drink it when I want to. I think it has to do with the different sources of milk, and thyroid function (if it's a little low, the gut reacts in weird ways). Whole milk can be easier for people to digest, but fattening if they're not really active. So it's a fine line of tweaking.

redsun

I find that combining seafood and meat like a steak and some shrimps or oysters maybe, is really a powerful combo.

I personally get sick of eating the same cuts, but I enjoyed oxtail a lot in the past year, less so during summer, but it's a great cut and had really strong benefits for inflammation, and brought on a ''settled'' feeling.

Yeh it can get repetitive, but what helps me is just remembering I am going to get such a mental and physical boost out of eating this fat slab of salmon or heavy serving of sirloin. I dont combine though, its just one day is steak, another salmon. If you mean literally combining by eating land meat with seafood in the same yeh I know for sure I wouldnt like that.

Atm salmon is my go to seafood that I can eat and not be too bothered by taste especially with rice. I would like to vet other fish meats and maybe add more variety but don't see a reason to do that just yet.

The energy I get from these meats is more dopaminergic and improving cognition without being too stimulating to physical energy but more mental stimulation, while to get the strong physically energizing stimulation small servings of veal liver does the job which I attribute to the Bs and noradrenaline from copper.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Yeh it can get repetitive, but what helps me is just remembering I am going to get such a mental and physical boost out of eating this fat slab of salmon or heavy serving of sirloin. I dont combine though, its just one day is steak, another salmon. If you mean literally combining by eating land meat with seafood in the same yeh I know for sure I wouldnt like that.

Atm salmon is my go to seafood that I can eat and not be too bothered by taste especially with rice. I would like to vet other fish meats and maybe add more variety but don't see a reason to do that just yet.

The energy I get from these meats is more dopaminergic and improving cognition without being too stimulating to physical energy but more mental stimulation, while to get the strong physically energizing stimulation small servings of veal liver does the job which I attribute to the Bs and noradrenaline from copper.

I think there is a strong synergy happening with meat and seafood at the same meal. Others on this forum have talked about this before. Like steak and grilled shrimps (or lobster tail, or crab) with garlic butter? That is delicious. I wouldn't combine regular fish and steak, yeah that is not appealing.

Oysters are typically eaten as a snack before the main meal though, or as a meal in oyster soup.

I don't eat salmon at all personally (you know why), but sometimes white fish in egg batter cooked in butter is meal I enjoy greatly.

I do get massive positive energy/warmth boost from small amounts of homemade liver pate

redsun

I think there is a strong synergy happening with meat and seafood at the same meal. Others on this forum have talked about this before. Like steak and grilled shrimps (or lobster tail, or crab) with garlic butter? That is delicious. I wouldn't combine regular fish and steak, yeah that is not appealing.

Oysters are typically eaten as a snack before the main meal though, or as a meal in oyster soup.

I don't eat salmon at all personally (you know why), but sometimes white fish in egg batter cooked in butter is meal I enjoy greatly.

I do get massive positive energy/warmth boost from small amounts of homemade liver pate

Ah yes shrimp. Not a fan of much seafood its just bad habits and lack of willingness to try. I am going to work on it as I believe variety is health-promoting to a degree. Starting small.

mrchibbs

Ah yes shrimp. Not a fan of much seafood its just bad habits and lack of willingness to try. I am going to work on it as I believe variety is health-promoting to a degree. Starting small.

I get it. You're in luck though. Shrimps are dead easy. Get frozen shrimps, throw them on a plate in the oven with butter and garlic, salt and pepper and in a few minutes they're nice and grilled (and delicious), along with a nice cut of meat.

redsun

I get it. You're in luck though. Shrimps are dead easy. Get frozen shrimps, throw them on a plate in the oven with butter and garlic, salt and pepper and in a few minutes they're nice and grilled (and delicious), along with a nice cut of meat.

My brother actually makes them very similar to this and loves them. I just get offput by the smell but next time he makes them I will give it a shot 100%.

mrchibbs

My brother actually makes them very similar to this and loves them. I just get offput by the smell but next time he makes them I will give it a shot 100%.

Just 2 or 3 shrimps is enough I think, the garlic butter makes them a million times more palatable. I'll wait for your feedback!

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Thinking of experimenting with the following. Having a constant supply of glucose and salt every waking hour of the day. Sipping honey + salt dissolved in a little water, I seem to crave it a hell lot, I wonder why. This will prevent hypoglicemia.
I crave honey a lot mixed in water, not so much white sugar.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

My impression is that the low morning basal temperatures are caused by bad circadian rhythms. Years of going to sleep late/not getting enough daylight, profoundly affects melatonin for instance, and melatonin lowers the metabolic rate at night when going to sleep (which is necessary). If the temperature doesn't start to go down a little 1-2hours before bed (as it would in a normal person), something is not working.
About not getting enough daylight / sun, especially in the morning might have been the single most damaging I did for my health in the last few years. Ever since I entered the workforce, working a 9-5 in an office, I got so little sunlight. Wake-up, rush to the office, spend your mornings until noon in a closed space. I also was quite sedentary and didn't go out much in my free time / weekends.

mrchibbs

About not getting enough daylight / sun, especially in the morning might have been the single most damaging I did for my health in the last few years. Ever since I entered the workforce, working a 9-5 in an office, I got so little sunlight. Wake-up, rush to the office, spend your mornings until noon in a closed space. I also was quite sedentary and didn't go out much in my free time / weekends.

It's fundamental. I did even worse than you, from 20-22, while going through personal unrest (several successive deaths in my family), I got a night shift working at a hospital, on top of college studies in a topic which I hated. I also stopped doing the things I liked (i.e. basketball and other creative projects). And despite having a lot of friends at that time, I isolated myself and tried to act like all was fine. Additionally, I wasn't eating my mom's food anymore (I had moved on my own with friends), and was in particular not drinking milk at all, and eating far less than 2000kcal a day, often just one fast-food meal a day.

When I tell people that simply drinking lots of milk, taking aspirin, and maximizing sunshine exposure by spending time outside, is absolutely enough to prevent any hair loss, I get a lot of pushback, but it's 100% true. Doing these three things would promote thyroid, suppress PTH, serotonin, prolactin, and inflammation (via shutting down the prostaglandins which are involved in hair loss at the final stage).

There are accounts of people on this forum who were successful regrowing their hair, and in the accounts of Rob English and the success stories at Perfect Hair Health, and in every case, those guys made a major effort to maximize sun exposure daily, by swimming in a pool, going on long walks in nature etc. It's a fundamental problem of the modern world, and is associated with hair loss, even in countries which used to not have hair loss (like Japan).

It's always part of the solution for hair loss and other issues.

Ableton

I need to fix my circadian rhythm next.
Should I wake up with sunrise literally to perfect it?

mrchibbs

I need to fix my circadian rhythm next.
Should I wake up with sunrise literally to perfect it?

Ideally, yes. Literally at sunrise. And go for a walk outside to really get the daylight exposure.
Then, stick to it for a month to set in new habits. And avoid screens after sunset.
It's not easy lol.

Ableton

Ideally, yes. Literally at sunrise. And go for a walk outside to really get the daylight exposure.
Then, stick to it for a month to set in new habits. And avoid screens after sunset.
It's not easy lol.
Ok. Will report back

M

metabolizm

Yeah, for me milk is really energizing. I also don't force myself to drink it to reach a particular daily amount, I drink it when I want to. I think it has to do with the different sources of milk, and thyroid function (if it's a little low, the gut reacts in weird ways). Whole milk can be easier for people to digest, but fattening if they're not really active. So it's a fine line of tweaking.

I've been drinking organic whole milk recently, from a local farm, and the difference in taste and effect is incredible. It's really a vast improvement over the supermarket milk I'm used to, and is so pleasurable that I want to drink it basically all day, and would if I could afford it! It's so nice that I was literally dreaming about it last night.

P.S. I'm very skinny, so I'm not too concerned about the fat content.

mrchibbs

I've been drinking organic whole milk recently, from a local farm, and the difference in taste and effect is incredible. It's really a vast improvement over the supermarket milk I'm used to, and is so pleasurable that I want to drink it basically all day, and would if I could afford it! It's so nice that I was literally dreaming about it last night.

P.S. I'm very skinny, so I'm not too concerned about the fat content.

Great to hear! I'm the same as you, I enjoy the taste of organic milk a lot more recently. I was extremely skinny until 2-3 years ago, and I bulked up significantly with the whole milk, so it's going to be effective for that. If you can walk/play sports/stay active this summer while getting a lot of sun, you'll be able to drink a lot of milk and it will be very restorative. I know I'm big on sun/milk, but I feel like one is active/stimulated with a high metabolic rate, and plenty of sun exposure, milk can be utterly amazing.

You'll find too that there might be something in your regular expenses you can cut to buy more milk. It's where you should put all your money anyway, sell some gear, or valuables on eBay and put your money into your health!

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Hit 36.8 C (98.2 F) this evening.
Haribo gums, grapes, carrot salad, Sodium acetate, Niacinamide, strong coffee.
There is something interesting about Niacinamide. I am wondering if lowering FFA's makes the thyroid function better.

carrot salad + coffee = strong bowel movement promoter.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Isn't this because of the calming, alkaline effect of Calcium, or lowering of the adrenals?
I would guess people with hygh thyroid function get an energy boost from milk.