A Wish For More Energy

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

You skimping on those pro-thyroid, pro-dopamine/histamine red meats lately?
Kind of. Actually, I may have realized something. Eating burger beef (pre-packaged) doesn't have the same effect on me as a ribeye.
I've eaten burgers every 2-3 days, but ribeye or fatty steak more rarely. Maybe that's what I need to change.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Putting on absurd amount of clothes at night seems to help with waking temps for me. I wear 4-6 layers lol. I just wonder if this approach will also fix them in the long run
Sleeping bag is another hack
There is a thread about a guy who found out this is the only reliable way to get his temperature up was this. He did it for 6 years, but it not had a permanent effect.

redsun

Kind of. Actually, I may have realized something. Eating burger beef (pre-packaged) doesn't have the same effect on me as a ribeye.
I've eaten burgers every 2-3 days, but ribeye or fatty steak more rarely. Maybe that's what I need to change.

Are you say you feel better from burgers or steaks? Personally I feel better from actual steaks then ground beef/burger stuff. Red meat should be a daily thing imo I noticed everything is just better the more frequently I eat steak.

Its natural to want to change it up I suppose to chicken or quality fish etc but changing meaning changing the meat not going from a good chunk of meat for a few days and then backing off. I always try to make sure my vitamin C intake is high from fruits which helps regulate minerals like copper, iron that I am consuming.

I become a turtle physically and mentally if my meat intake drops even if for a day and this amplifies as time goes on with less meat. I also crave caffeine more as if to compensate for lack of stimulating AAs and minerals.

Its too vital, it could be the amino acid ratios, or the minerals, or the niacin (which all other foods lack) or whatever but its just too vital not to have. Thats what the carnis get right, making meat (preferably red meat or fish) at the center of the diet. Carb fear kills thyroid though, but so does skimping on the meat imo.

Last edited:

Ableton

Are you guys getting no inflammatory response to meat? I usually feel worse after eating it, could never pinpoint why
I always feel kind of itchy after it. Histamine I guess

laleto12

I tried so much for my digestion that it’s hard to pinpoint what exactly contributed to me fixing it.
I reset it with cypro.
I think coffee abuse contributed to my bad gut.
Drastically reduced to 1 cup every 2 days maybe.
I think too much liquid can be a problem, it was for me. Having some solid food when intaking oj/milk helped.
I almost completely cut out wheat. Maybe every 14 days some.
I introduced milk, and it took my gut to get used to it. I think this process might have helped my gut in other ways as well, idk.
After, I introduced yoghurts, and that seemed to have further helped.
Gut cleansing through high dose coco oil was a disaster.
I get 90% of my food from ecological sources. I try to avoid pesticides. I avoid processed food like the plague.
Switched to non fluoride toothpaste.
No more tap water (only oj and milk)
Stopped all supplements except for transdermal ones (cypro, mg oil, vit k)
I feel heated fat can be inflammatory for the gut, even if saturated. Anecdotal

Go easy on digestion in the morning. Harder in evening

thats all I can think of for now.
Now that I fixed it I can definitely get away with way more and do not have to be super strict anymore.
Like I can have 2 cup of coffee, bread and be generally fine

where do you apply mg oil and vit k?

Ableton

I cracked 4k calories yesterday and felt my very best. It’s insane to think that 3,5k might still be too little for me, but I will aim for that number now.
Had medium workout. Felt great. Good sleep, great temps. Looked great. Lowest facial water retention I have had in months.

Maybe you are still undereating

I did not even consider this for myself, since 3,5k already seems like so much to me
If I am ever going to return to the workout intensities that I had pre peat that would put me in 5k calories range (including cardio), which is outright ridiculous for a lean person like me. Thinking that at that time, my intake was 2,5k-3k maybe, despite heavy cardio, I have no reason not to believe that this is exactly what crashed me.
My hunger is slowly getting where it should. Can’t recall eating this much in a day while not eating over satiation. Definitely a sign of health.

I will slowly increase workout intensities now, as that gives me dopamine I desperately grave and gets me out of depression mode. And make sure to get 4k calories a day, aiming for more probably, depending on how much cardio I add. If cardio crashes my temps I will not bring it back, of course.
Zhis is what I had. Ignore macro ranges. I am going high fat on purpose. Also had 2tsp liver pate

Attachments

• 2464F025-9F27-4912-818D-7A8367F88FA9.png
    2464F025-9F27-4912-818D-7A8367F88FA9.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 88
  • F9601EF4-5AF9-4C31-8C83-2EB4FC5A48FE.png
    F9601EF4-5AF9-4C31-8C83-2EB4FC5A48FE.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I cracked 4k calories yesterday and felt my very best. It’s insane to think that 3,5k might still be too little for me, but I will aim for that number now
Height, weight and bone structure (thicker or thinner bones)?
I'm now barely around 3k. 6ft, 160 lbs.

I also noticed something. Ever since making attempts to eat more often, to shutdown adrenaline, I think I've put on a little bit of midsection fat.
Maybe the reason I was able to always be lean before is adrenaline. So if adrenaline liberates free fatty acids, all this time I was burning a lot of fat.

Ableton

Height, weight and bone structure (thicker or thinner bones)?
I'm now barely around 3k. 6ft, 160 lbs.

I also noticed something. Ever since making attempts to eat more often, to shutdown adrenaline, I think I've put on a little bit of midsection fat.
Maybe the reason I was able to always be lean before is adrenaline. So if adrenaline liberates free fatty acids, all this time I was burning a lot of fat.
Exactly the same
5‘11.5
Went from 77kilos to 80 kilos in the last weeks (6-8?).
Idk, I have good bone structure I would say, thick. I am not looking like the average bloated gym goer. I have a pretty nice „connected“ body that is closer to what athletic young men in tribes tend to have. I probably look lighter than my actual weight.

Keep in mind my workout intensities were in the basement due to corona. Basically no workouts. And big cal increase already from 3-3,5k.
Also low adrenaline/cholesterol due to avoiding coffee and being on low dose cypro.

The 3 kilos I got are also mostly midsection fat. I would still consider myself lean though. I do not mind it. I was probably unhealthily lean before.
I am surprised my athleticism did not decline more, given I basically stopped sports altogether which is atypical for me, lowering stress and eating more. I can actually bench more now.

@lampofred pointed out that I was running on fat when I explained him my situation, which caused my hair loss and hirsutism. Pn 4k cal and without stimulants I guess that’s not the case anymore

just noticed you only weigh 72kilos. Dude, thats low
I thought 160 lbs is 80 kilos
From my experience (I have been to 75 kilos on high sports in recent memor) this comes with problems like cold hands
Consider that you might still be in starvation mode

Last edited:
Yessir. Antibiotics help me to get out of that state.
That's awesome! Which one/s have you used? I've had good results with them, but the problem seem to creep back in with some time. Daily carrot seems to help too. Occasional ac is good too.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

just noticed you only weigh 72kilos. Dude, thats low
I thought 160 lbs is 80 kilos
From my experience (I have been to 75 kilos on high sports in recent memor) this comes with problems like cold hands
Consider that you might still be in starvation mode
I was 77 kg (170 lbs) at my heaviest, 1.5 years ago, I had more muscle mass.
4 months of Carnivore brought me down to 70 kg (155 lbs).
Also, from ages 20 - 25, I weighted much less, about 63 kg (140 lbs). It's only when I started lifting that I put on weight.

Ableton

I was 77 kg (170 lbs) at my heaviest, 1.5 years ago, I had more muscle mass.
4 months of Carnivore brought me down to 70 kg (155 lbs).
Also, from ages 20 - 25, I weighted much less, about 63 kg (140 lbs). It's only when I started lifting that I put on weight.
To me, your case is pretty clear in that you need to gain weight.
Many cases of people undereating here.
The only way to avoid that weight gain being fat is hitting the gym, which ofc can be metabolically taxing though, depending on health.
its not the first thread I come across were ppl try a bunch of ***t when the culprit of their issues is starvation
People like to complicate things here, which is often due to neurosis

I feel your pain. It's a case of hormonal imprinting. Guys like us with metabolic problems probably have a lifelong sensitivity/elevated serotonin from birth which chronically suppresses our metabolic rate/body temperature and opposes thyroid.

Can you imagine how great life is for young people who benefited from great early development? (healthy mother, full term pregnancy, breastfeeding) They always feel like you do when your temperatures are high.

Ray's research underlines that it's possible to reverse this though, with enough effort, so keep at it and track your temperatures, I'm sure you'll get there.
Ray's right. The problem in modern medicine is that most of the time doctors say it's your genes so you're basically fu..ed. If we change the way we look at things the game changes completely and it will give patients more hope, which is important. That's why I'm often sick of the medical field.

Shin

I dont know any cases specifically, though I have helped myself a bit in this regard. I do believe a low histamine type is the biggest issue with lack of stimulation as histamine directly stimulates the brain like nothing else.

I have been looking into it for awhile now and there appears to be a direct relationship between prostaglandins and histamine, specifically PGE1 and histamine, which has helped me understand how low histamine protocol by pfeiffer would work. Its actually stimulating pathways to increase PGE1, and this PGE1 has a linear relationship with histamine so theoretically you raise your PGE1 your histamine should also rise.

So I am looking at these kinds of things as I believe histamine is a big part. Its why workaholics are a thing, and its a big part of motivation for success and giving the energy to actually do things. Vast majority of famous people (actors), successful businessmen, innovators, are elevated histamine individuals.

As a general rule for the stimulants, to really get benefit you have to stop them permanently and give time for your receptors to adjust and not go back to them.

But there is some general guidelines I would give nutrients wise that will help while I try to figure this part out. Keeping folic acid/folate and vitamin C intake high from good fruits and perhaps try supplementing folic acid as well see if it helps, meats especially red meat, fish are more stimulating and energizing then dairy and eggs because of the amino acid content but also minerals.

Good copper content in the diet but not excessive. Also overall higher protein diet (especially from quality meat) is advised for optimal stimulation of the brain.

Yes histamine is certrainly very important, I felt most motivated on Modafinil which I think works mainly on histamine.
Dropped coffee and reordered some Modafinil, some days I just need it to get things done.(well actually everyday but can't do that because of tolerance)

Meat and fruit just seem to be the best foods as you said.
Red meat is really the best, sadly very expensive here so I alternate with pork and chicken breast.
Kiwi for fruits really works miracles on digestion, helps reduce bloat instead of increasing it.
Might add in seafood again instead of chicken.
Some eggs and a couple days a week spinach as I find I need the minerals.

Dairy really kills all energy.
Tried b6 and didn't really notice anything maybe I got enough from eating liver etc.
Will try folic acid again but the effects are so subtle that I really can't tell.

Tried eating multiple times a day now for months but digestion just kills the little energy I have.
Maybe I will try fasting for 20 hours again, only eating in the evening as I had more energy from stress hormones that way.

Please let us know if you figure something out with histamine.

redsun

Yes histamine is certrainly very important, I felt most motivated on Modafinil which I think works mainly on histamine.
Dropped coffee and reordered some Modafinil, some days I just need it to get things done.(well actually everyday but can't do that because of tolerance)

Meat and fruit just seem to be the best foods as you said.
Red meat is really the best, sadly very expensive here so I alternate with pork and chicken breast.
Kiwi for fruits really works miracles on digestion, helps reduce bloat instead of increasing it.
Might add in seafood again instead of chicken.
Some eggs and a couple days a week spinach as I find I need the minerals.

Dairy really kills all energy.
Tried b6 and didn't really notice anything maybe I got enough from eating liver etc.
Will try folic acid again but the effects are so subtle that I really can't tell.

Tried eating multiple times a day now for months but digestion just kills the little energy I have.
Maybe I will try fasting for 20 hours again, only eating in the evening as I had more energy from stress hormones that way.

Please let us know if you figure something out with histamine.

Modafinil is a weak DRI which indirectly increases release of histamine in various brain areas so yeh histamine a good chunk of its effects but the dopamine part is also why its helps so much.

Folic acid helps retain histidine but also pro-glutamate by increasing histidine to glutamic acid conversion. Caffeine works on glutamate as well because its an adenosine antagonist which increases glutamate and glutamate indirectly raises other neurotransmitters like histamine, dopamine, noradrenaline etc. The effect of folic acid is even weaker than caffeine but it does help some.

It depends on if you have went on extreme diets or not for large chunks of time causing folic acid intake to be too low you may lack it so taking some helps. If you were lacking it will help but it only helps so much. Unless you do what I did and take 4800 mcg of folic acid 2x in one day and get sneezing attacks and crazy histamine reactions. Lol do not recommend it and thats the last time I did such ridiculous dose it was insane. Gave me flashbacks to how I was as a kid lol.

I will say between the sneezing attacks I felt really good and awake and speedier mentally. Libido ******* soar and I am 23 its already high. Everything felt better and more fun and enjoyable, as if it helped ground me. Folic acid also possibly raises dopamine along with vitamin C via BH4 so I would imagine that also did something for me.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Ray's right. The problem in modern medicine is that most of the time doctors say it's your genes so you're basically fu..ed. If we change the way we look at things the game changes completely and it will give patients more hope, which is important. That's why I'm often sick of the medical field.

Most doctors are at best, incompetent, at worst they don't give a ****. Like any field, there is a minority of great people and practitioners, a large majority who don't have a clue but have reasonable intention, and a substantial amount of criminally negligent *****.

Hope is the most important thing.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

UPDATE:
  • I am now fully convinced that my body temperature is tightly correlated with my mood and energy levels and mental capacity
  • Today was a better day, was able to hit 36.7 C throught the day, with Niac. and coffee
  • eating a medium-rare rib-eye makes me feel good the next day, it seems. Massive difference, no doubt.

redsun

UPDATE:
  • I am now fully convinced that my body temperature is tightly correlated with my mood and energy levels and mental capacity
  • Today was a better day, was able to hit 36.7 C throught the day, with Niac. and coffee
  • eating a medium-rare rib-eye makes me feel good the next day, it seems. Massive difference, no doubt.

Yeh its the same for me. I eat a big sirloin steak and I feel pretty good the day of but it also vastly improves energy and brain function the next day as well. I don't eat ribeyes really just get sirloin or sirloin top which doesnt have the fat that ribeyes has so more protein overall while still being tender.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals