A Wish For More Energy

EIRE24

Have you ever done a full iron panel? Any Irish or Northern European ancestry? Fatigue is the number one symptom associated with hereditary hemochromatosis.

Also... why so high in zinc? That can have a big impact on copper levels.

(It takes copper to move iron by the way.)
You think people of Irish decent are more prone to higher iron levels?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@milkboi Exactly how I feel. Whenever I feel a bit more energetic, I start getting more optimistic with my life. But it doesn't last.
My sister tells me I'm lazy and don't wanna take action and make my life better.
But it's so hard when my body goes on slow-mode.

Are Cypro and Doxacyline available without prescription? Also, there is this theory that antibiotics wreck your gut flora and you need prebiotics with it too? I haven't read it through peatism prism though
Just ordered Thiamine and a B complex containing B2 & B3.

Last edited:

Cirion

@milkboi Exactly how I feel. Whenever I feel a bit more energetic, I start getting more optimistic with my life. But it doesn't last.
My sister tells me I'm lazy and don't wanna take action and make my life better.

B vitamins can definitely help.

Don't fret you aren't "lazy" or anything. Many well meaning people here are trying to tell you to "just get over it" by changing your life, but it's not really possible when you're in a low energy state and forcing it doesn't help things anyway. I used to judge "lazy" people too, but now I understand what makes people lazy and its not a faulty personality. Its a bad metabolism nothing more nothing less. I have an uncle that is the epitome of lazy and unhealthy habits etc. My family members judge him frequently for it. I get it, he has an unpleasant personality (he has done some things to make him very unlikeable which I won't get into here) and whatnot so its hard not to judge him. But I'd argue his personality is nothing more the result of a seriously deranged metabolism with sky high serotonin, low androgens, low dopamine, high estrogen etc. He's even had his head run over by a car before (somehow survived) so that no doubt increased his mental derangement, unfortunately.

Like you said, you've got a taste for higher energy and how it, by itself, makes you more optimistic with life, not the other way around. You can't force optimism and force a higher energetic state via this method. Unfortunately. I've gotten into many arguments with my family members, and forum members here also, but your body is primarily made of chemicals, electricity, and water. You optimize the chemicals and electrical reactions, and everything works out. This is purely physical. I am somewhat spiritual and I DO believe in a "soul", but our soul is in a physical body that is governed by physical rules not emotional or mental rules. But even the "soul" is heavily coupled to your physical/mental state to a degree. A highly spiritual experience can be obtained by increasing your physical/mental state using nutrition, environment, and supplemental manipulation. @Terma is great proof of this, he has recently obtained very high mental/spiritual states purely by dietary and supplemental manipulation.

redsun

Are Cypro and Doxacyline available without prescription? Also, there is this theory that antibiotics wreck your gut flora and you need prebiotics with it too? I haven't read it through peatism prism though

I would look into anti-serotonin compounds and probably remove opioid substances from the diet which raise prolactin and lower dopamine. This would be dairy and I think wheat are the main offenders. This should help increase dopamine so you can start helping yourself.

Kram

@Kram Started taking B6 recently as it was recommended for Testosterone and as a potent anti-stress weapon.
Have not looked into B1 2 3 yet.

Not sure about the other ones.
I did start drastically reducing my PUFA intake, though I understand it's a long. process.

BCAA + Tyrosine for Serotonin depletion?
Clean the liver: haven't looked into
Clean the gut: Not sure where to start, I'm overwhelmed:(. I read raw carrot helps, I eat it 3-4 times /week.

For B1, I would try 200-500mg a day using Thiamine HCL. For B2, may need 25mg+ of R5P (active form of Riboflavin). For B3, Niacinamide is supposedly better but some do better on Niacin. Worth trying 250mg after breakfast and lunch (so 500mg total). It might take awhile for these to start kicking in (to replenish all the enzymes in your body) but it completely depends on the person.

For serotonin depletion, there are lots of threads on that. I personally like 3-5g BCAA with every meat meal and 3g+1.5g of L-Phenylalanine (vs. tyrosine) with some gelatin/collagen, coconut water and maple syrup as a snack. It's also important to keep tryptophan intake low and eat nutrient dense, easily digestible foods. I personally do not like Cypro since it can oppose dopamine which raises prolactin. May be worth looking into Metergoline and Lisuride or Diamant (be careful combining this with other vitamins/supplements though and see Haidut's threads on each) and trying those for a week or two straight but you need to figure out what works for you.

For cleaning the gut, can try antibiotics for a week or two (can possibly order from alldaychemist or inhousepharmacy.vu) or activated charcoal (but again, your gut may already be healthy so it depends on if you think it's causing issues).

Gut serotonin (due to bacteria) is the master regulator of metabolism, insulin sensitivity, and weight – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

LUH 3417

When the life of the body is strong and vibrant, feeling, like the the weather, is changeable. We can be angry one moment, then loving and crying the next. Sadness can change into pleasure, just as the sun can follow rain. This change in mood, like a change in weather, does not upset one's basic equilibrium. The changes take place at the surface, and do not disturb the deep pulsations which provide the person with a sense of well-being.

LUH 3417

B vitamins can definitely help.

Don't fret you aren't "lazy" or anything. Many well meaning people here are trying to tell you to "just get over it" by changing your life, but it's not really possible when you're in a low energy state and forcing it doesn't help things anyway. I used to judge "lazy" people too, but now I understand what makes people lazy and its not a faulty personality. Its a bad metabolism nothing more nothing less. I have an uncle that is the epitome of lazy and unhealthy habits etc. My family members judge him frequently for it. I get it, he has an unpleasant personality (he has done some things to make him very unlikeable which I won't get into here) and whatnot so its hard not to judge him. But I'd argue his personality is nothing more the result of a seriously deranged metabolism with sky high serotonin, low androgens, low dopamine, high estrogen etc. He's even had his head run over by a car before (somehow survived) so that no doubt increased his mental derangement, unfortunately.

Like you said, you've got a taste for higher energy and how it, by itself, makes you more optimistic with life, not the other way around. You can't force optimism and force a higher energetic state via this method. Unfortunately. I've gotten into many arguments with my family members, and forum members here also, but your body is primarily made of chemicals, electricity, and water. You optimize the chemicals and electrical reactions, and everything works out. This is purely physical. I am somewhat spiritual and I DO believe in a "soul", but our soul is in a physical body that is governed by physical rules not emotional or mental rules. But even the "soul" is heavily coupled to your physical/mental state to a degree. A highly spiritual experience can be obtained by increasing your physical/mental state using nutrition, environment, and supplemental manipulation. @Terma is great proof of this, he has recently obtained very high mental/spiritual states purely by dietary and supplemental manipulation.
I think good energy means spontaneous feeling, being open to a range of emotions and experiences and having a solid center from which to navigate such living...
I think we are supposed to experience sadness and anger and desperation to an extent. Emotional life must be teleological or in some way geared towards development of the mind/body/souL
Nothing will eliminate a nagging feeling of inauthenticity except for honesty.

Runenight201

Anything that disrupts the digestion is going to destroy energy. In my experience excess meat and starch do this every time without fail.

For anhedonia, nihilism, etc... try a big ole fat coffee, milk, and sugar. If I ever want to start having feelings of superiority and intense drive that’ll do it. Slaps meaning right into my damn face.

I agree with the notion that having meaning, finding purpose, etc...are only found in healthy people with proper digestion and microbiomes. I met a priest who was depressed! It’s impossible for the mind to even think about broader topics of meaning, place, purpose, etc... when it is subdued through disease/low energy states. When I am thriving I find meaning in everything, the world is my sandbox and everything is so intensely fascinating and interesting. I mess up my digestion just slightly and down I go into boredom, low energy, apathy. I can literally feel it right away. I have the internal dialogue, well you did it again runenight! And into my room I skulk until the mood passes, watching some mind-numbing YouTube videos to pass the time.

Oooh but those moments when I combo everything together just right...off onto adventures I go! Socializing, competing, learning, observing, moving, discovering... it’s all so wonderfully exciting and fun. I am engaged with life itself!

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@Runenight201 That would explain a lot, as my digestion is bad. Bloating, flatulence,sometimes constipation, sometimes diarrhea.
When I went Carnivore, I was finally able to have a flat stomach most of the time. That's when I realized that FODMAPs are bad for me.
Now since peating, it's a bit better than before Carnivore, since I eliminated veggies, but I still have issues with milk, or unripe fruit.

@Kram Thanks.

Last edited:

ExCarniv

@Runenight201 That would explain a lot, as my digestion is bad. Bloating, flatulence,sometimes constipation, sometimes diarrhea.
When I went Carnivore, I was finally able to have a flat stomach most of the time. That's when I realized that FODMAPs are bad for me.
Now since peating, it's a bit better than before Carnivore, since I eliminated veggies, but I still have issues with milk, or unripe fruit.

@Kram Thanks.

Bone broth is good for a compromised gut and you should avoid starch till your digestion is better.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@Lokzo Around 300 IU Vit. E, if I remember the conversion right.
The only starches I currently eat are white rice and white boiled / baked potatoes (and rarely sweet potatoes). They help me in hitting my caloric target, if I were to take them out, I'd have to replace those calories with something else.

@ExCarniv
Used to eat a lot of oats and beans. The beans absolutely wrecked my digestion, I persisted in eating them thinking my gut will adjust to the high fiber.
At one point, I was intaking up to 90 - 100g of fiber daily >> 'pregnant' belly
Now on Peat, I get around 20 - 30g of fiber, from bananas or figs / dates.

ExCarniv

Agreed. Starch is problematic for many people.
@Lokzo Around 300 IU Vit. E, if I remember the conversion right.
The only starches I currently eat are white rice and white boiled / baked potatoes (and rarely sweet potatoes). They help me in hitting my caloric target, if I were to take them out, I'd have to replace those calories with something else.

@ExCarniv
Used to eat a lot of oats and beans. The beans absolutely wrecked my digestion, I persisted in eating them thinking my gut will adjust to the high fiber.
At one point, I was intaking up to 90 - 100g of fiber daily >> 'pregnant' belly
Now on Peat, I get around 20 - 30g of fiber, from bananas or figs / dates.

I'd drop bananas (contain Starch and could be problematic for a compromised gut, figs have lots of small seeds, so could bad too.

Dates are good, if you tolerate them without problems, they are caloric and nutrient dense.

I'd drop temporarily potatoes and white rice too till you heal. I used to have problems with starches and now I can eat them everyday. Maybe you can stick with white rice on training days, rice is quick digested in the stomach so could be good after workouts. Potatoes have more fiber and more antinutrients that could be more problematic than rice.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I would look into anti-serotonin compounds and probably remove opioid substances from the diet which raise prolactin and lower dopamine. This would be dairy and I think wheat are the main offenders. This should help increase dopamine so you can start helping yourself.
Taking out wheat is no problem. Only wheat product I consume are butter croissants a few times / week I think it gives me dandruff.
Surprised hearing about the dairy. I can cut out liquid milk but cheese (I have a quality source) is a staple protein source.:hungover:

ExCarniv

Taking out wheat is no problem. Only wheat product I consume are butter croissants a few times / week I think it gives me dandruff.
Surprised hearing about the dairy. I can cut out liquid milk but cheese (I have a quality source) is a staple protein source.:hungover:

If wheat is giving you dandruff (I get that every time I eat some bread) is probably messing up your digestion.

Deadpool

FWIW, 3800 cal could still be too low possibly especially with working out and especially with your symptoms of being drained after working out. Being drained after working out means you completely depleted your store of glycogen and probably are loaded with lactic acid also. I regularly eat that and more while sedentary (and still lose weight). Same with your 320 gram sugar (I lose weight on 700-800 gram sugar frequently). I've lost weight on 1,000 gram carbs also (Not that I necessarily recommend having THAT much lol, just demonstrating my point).

My energy levels are not what I'd call great, I still have issues myself.

But I can tell you if I get lazy and don't eat my 600-700+ gram carb/sugar, I feel 10x worse, like earlier this week I got stupid and lazy and ate 300-400 gram carbs and felt like DEATH. So yes, it gives me more energy, but I won't lie and say I'm cured yet as I'm not, but at least I am functional with high carb and can hold a job etc. (I can't hold a job without 600+ gram carb, I've literally had to take sick days off from work when I got stupid and didn't eat enough the day before).

Also going back to working out. You should consider toning down the intensity. Exercise done correctly should increase your energy not decrease it, and it should also increase your libido, mood etc. If it doesn't, then keep toning it down until it does. You may even have to temporarily remove it and just do light walking for exercise for a while.

What do you even that mostly aligns with peat principles to hit 600-700 grams of carbs? Genuinely curious because I struggle with food selection. What are some of your meals and food choices?

ExCarniv

What do you even that mostly aligns with peat principles to hit 600-700 grams of carbs? Genuinely curious because I struggle with food selection. What are some of your meals and food choices?

I'd choose
1L of orange juice
100g of honey
100g of maple syrup
100g of dates
500g or fresh fruit
1L or milk

Depending of availability replace/add with white sugar or coca cola.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Had a fine (for my standards) sleep last night. Used ear plugs and an eye mask. Took some Mag. Glycinate and Taurine before bed.
Also, did not drink coffee after 2pm the day before.
I slept almost 9hrs. I did wake up once, was thirsty, drank some water + honey, and went back to bed. I reckon I got a good amount of deep sleep after.

Today, it happens that my stomach feels lighter, my digestion is regular, I'm less bloated. What's remarcable is how my energy levels instantly feel higher. I guess this is what normal people feel everyday. It also affects my mental state. I'm suddenly feeling more optimistic about life.

Lesson to take is that digestion does have a strong influence on energy levels.
My main priority right now should be in fixing my digestive system, avoid foods that bloat me. This would get me to a decent baseline energy levels. On top of which I can further optimize.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190921_133532_com.northcube.sleepcycle.jpg
    Screenshot_20190921_133532_com.northcube.sleepcycle.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 39
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals