A way to take in coffee without it touching your teeth?

Gadsie

Coffee stains my teeth, even when I only drink it in a 1:10 coffee:milk ratio. I’m considering filling gelatin capsules with instant coffee and swallowing it. The problem is there only fits a tiny bit of coffee in a capsule and so it’s very inconvenient and can get quite pricey.

I think there is no other way, but perhaps anyone else knows any creative way of avoiding this problem?

OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

Through a straw?
I feel like the coffee instantly spreads through the mouth, but perhaps it could prevent contact with the anterior front teeth if you take tiny sips and swallow fast.

youngsinatra

I have a good tooth paste with activated charcoal which whitened my teeth even when my teeth were stained from coffee and nicotine before.

I would rather take pure caffeine powder if the problem is so severe.

Aymen

I use a straw to drink a big cup of coffee everyday mixed with some milk and baking soda, then after finishing i rinse my mouth 4 times with water only then drink very little water. No visible stains appeared in my teeth.

PeskyPeater

For stain removal I can recom. a toothpaste with enzymes papaine and bromelaine high up in the ingredients listed. caomparative studies show it working better than silica abrasives. and I see it working well myself.

Doc Sandoz

Coffee stains my teeth, even when I only drink it in a 1:10 coffee:milk ratio. I’m considering filling gelatin capsules with instant coffee and swallowing it. The problem is there only fits a tiny bit of coffee in a capsule and so it’s very inconvenient and can get quite pricey.

I think there is no other way, but perhaps anyone else knows any creative way of avoiding this problem?
Pound down an espresso followed immediately with water - repeat?

akgrrrl

I use a straw to drink a big cup of coffee everyday mixed with some milk and baking soda, then after finishing i rinse my mouth 4 times with water only then drink very little water. No visible stains appeared in my teeth.
What a great habit. And absolute common sense.

P

Peatness

You can buy glass straws now, I've also seen stainless steel ones. Me, I love coffee too much to do it through a straw

akgrrrl

It does seem like that could bypass a lot of tastebuds. But the rinsing, could be a thang.
You can buy glass straws now, I've also seen stainless steel ones. Me, I love coffee too much to do it through a straw

OccamzRazer

Have you tried mixing coffee into a bunch of cream?

Like a latte...but with cream instead of milk. It's pretty delicious.

Seems to me that cream neutralizes the acid better than milk does, but I could be wrong.

akgrrrl

Exit door
I am getting tired of answering dumb questions all around the forum. It didnt used to be like this. We were protective of thread topic adherence and would say, there's a thread for that, use the dingdang search bar, etc. I am tired.

Cloudhands

me and my gf use silicone straws, theyre easier to clean than glass ones and are large enough for smoothies + they wont break and are heat resistant

OccamzRazer

I am getting tired of answering dumb questions all around the forum. It didnt used to be like this. We were protective of thread topic adherence and would say, there's a thread for that, use the dingdang search bar, etc. I am tired.
I assumed this person was subtly referencing colonics/enemas??

PeskyPeater

Let's see what this study shows Spectroscopic examination of enamel staining by coffee indicates dentin erosion by sequestration of elements

to make it lil more interesting

Attachments

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals