A Warm Handshake Was Positively Correlated With Perceived Extroversion, Negatively With Anxiety, Dep

dd99

Re: A Warm Handshake Was Positively Correlated With Perceived Extroversion, Negatively With Anxiety, Depression, Fatigue

Also, limp handshakes. Urgh, make me shiver like scratching a chalkboard.

OP
S
Re: A Warm Handshake Was Positively Correlated With Perceived Extroversion, Negatively With Anxiety, Depression, Fatigue

"A firm, warm and dry handshake"

dd99

I agree with the article: a firm, warm, dry handshake leads to a positive first impression. A damp, limp handshake... Well, that immediately affects perceptions.

OP
S

the Hypo Touch :shock:

dd99

:lol:

DaveFoster

dd99 said:
post 82684 Also, limp handshakes. Urgh, make me shiver like scratching a chalkboard.
90% of handshakes. It's equivalent to a two-pump chump in the social sphere.

Last edited by a moderator:

FredSonoma

I think I notice this - I know some guys that give a really weird handshake, and now that I think about it, it does make me think differently of them. Some of them will have really cold, or shaky hands, or I don't really even know how to describe it - it's just like they literally don't know what to do with their hands.

Edit: And people I know like this do seem to have hypo symptoms or something - from the few I know, they are socially awkward / fearful / anxious personality.

Kyle Bigman

I was with a bunch of UN guys and they were astounded at my handshake. It was like they all banded together to mock me about how firm my handshake was, when theirs, in contrast, were extremely limp. Like, I felt bad that I had a firmer handshake because my intention wasn't to show dominance or anything, but in fact I just wanted to blend in so that nobody would perceive me. Its best to just blend in sometimes. But, they all began to like rally against me. It was bizarre. Now that I know the UN, I have discovered they are like a cult.

Random but perhaps we can see how the global political sphere is affected by these things.

ShotTrue

I was with a bunch of UN guys and they were astounded at my handshake. It was like they all banded together to mock me about how firm my handshake was, when theirs, in contrast, were extremely limp. Like, I felt bad that I had a firmer handshake because my intention wasn't to show dominance or anything, but in fact I just wanted to blend in so that nobody would perceive me. Its best to just blend in sometimes. But, they all began to like rally against me. It was bizarre. Now that I know the UN, I have discovered they are like a cult.

Random but perhaps we can see how the global political sphere is affected by these things.
Losers turning antagonistic; I too try to blend in because you can cause so much trouble for yourself, it honestly makes me hate life sometimes with how poorly people act when they are jealous, feel weaker than you and have to act out

Amazoniac

My hands started to run cold and sweaty just from reading the title with the thought that I'll be uncovered as untrustworthy on my next handshake. I'll try to remember to put them in the pockets, and if they don't warm up in time, at least they'll be dry enough for me to blame it on the air conditioner of the room that I was in.

Frankdee20

Shaking hands with chronic masturbators who grow hair on their palms is the worst.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals