A VIRUS made me temporarily depressed- How?

Ben

I caught a virus and cried or wanted to everyday when I had it, and even when I finally got better in a few weeks, I was still really depressed. Then another few weeks pass, and I'm back to what I know as my "normal" outgoing mood.

What exactly made my mood so bad from a virus? Btw, I am not the only one whose mood was ruined by this virus. There was actually a guy with two masters degrees, about 35, who ran 10 miles a day and who was a tough guy, and he also cried once when he caught the same virus.

The virus also induced in me, a new level of restless limbs during the night. It was like hell while I was sick, but it's still there a little bit even now.

I'm worried that I suffered some kind of nerve damage to my limbs. And if this effect lasted, why wouldn't the bad mood? I've never heard of a virus ever causing depression or restless limbs.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have some type of cold virus I am coming to the end of right now, thank God. I was very emotional during it, cried quite a few times. My gut flora/immune system took a huge hit, I got a rediculous amount of thrush on my tongue, painful. :( Also have some RLS but I do get that when I take antihistamines which I have been taking the last few days.

Maybe the virus is increasing estrogen a lot. And still being depressed afterwards just tells me that the virus knocked the crap out of the metabolism.

There is some crazy bugs goin round these days.

artemis

Hi Ben,

Glad you're feeling better. Do you know what kind of virus it was?

Now that you're recovering, maybe you'll feel like taking a minute to thank everyone who posted long, thoughtful responses to your "Everyone Hates Me" thread. Four pages of detailed, caring responses went unanswered by you, except for one defensive/dismissive post by you on page 2.

Those people really cared about you, and tried to help.

OP
B

Ben

I answered more than that, but I just got busy and kept saving it for later. Of course I appreciate all help, I hope nobody got the wrong idea.

I have promised to call several people whose numbers I got (including a close friend), but forgot. I'm just always preoccupied, nothing against anyone. It's bad for me too. If something isn't fun to do, I just won't do it. Even if there will be consequences. I don't have that sense of urgency others have. I waste a lot of time because I'm stuck in this mode, too. It's hard for me to see anything as important.

It was a flu-like virus, I suppose. I had only great fatigue, RLS at night, and bad mood. I was surprised that a guy who ran 10 miles a day couldn't get up, I don't know if a simple flu can cause such severe fatigue.

I'm not sure how many of those people cared, but anyway I don't think you have nerve damage. Oregano drops, active charcoal, methylene blue and not eating dairy three hours before bed are all good for a nice boost and against restless legs.

DKayJoe

Such_Saturation said:
not eating dairy three hours before bed are all good for a nice boost and against restless legs.

Hi mate, could you possibly elaborate on this a little?

DKayJoe said:
Such_Saturation said:
not eating dairy three hours before bed are all good for a nice boost and against restless legs.

Hi mate, could you possibly elaborate on this a little?

I can't really elaborate, I'm just sharing my experience (it might work with all foods, it's just that I only eat milk).

DKayJoe

Ah fair enough, I'l give it a shot and see if I see any results. I too only drink milk/OJ apart from seafood, 2 well cooked veg some cheese and beef liver once a week. Oh and bone broth daily...