a tip for constipation or slow transit time

B

Braveheart

Psyllium Husk Powder...tsp in the am, tsp in the pm...like clock work...forget the toilet paper...supposed benefits for weight loss and heart and definitely regularity...part soluble, part insoluble.

Psyllium Husk Powder...tsp in the am, tsp in the pm...like clock work...forget the toilet paper...supposed benefits for weight loss and heart and definitely regularity...part soluble, part insoluble.
I've been thinking about trying it. I don't currently have constipation, but I wish my bowel was a little faster sometimes. How do you take it( with a meal, on an empty stomach etc.)?

B

Braveheart

I've been thinking about trying it. I don't currently have constipation, but I wish my bowel was a little faster sometimes. How do you take it( with a meal, on an empty stomach etc.)?
From the directions of my Yerba Prima Psyllium bought from Vitacost...there are many options available almost everywhere.

Take daily for best digestive health.
Pure psyllium fiber, non additives.
Great fiber supplement for low carb, high protein and gluten-free diets.
Promotes regularity.
Great for weight loss and weight maintenance.
Wonderful for smoothies and baking.
Yerba Prima
Psyllium Husks for Regularity and Colon Health: Psyllium husks promote easy, healthy elimination and sweep waste out of the colon more quickly. Psyllium husks provide gentle fiber to soothe and normalize the bowel when there is discomfort. To maintain regularity and colon health, take 1 to 3 servings a day, with meals or between meals.
Yerba Prima Psyllium Husks for Weight Maintenance: Dietary fiber plays an important role in weight loss and maintaining healthy weight. High fiber foods like psyllium husks help promote satiety (a feeling of fullness). To support weight maintenance, take 1 to 3 servings a day, shortly before meals or with meals.

Yerba Prima Psyllium Husks for Heart Health: To help support heart health, take 2 servings a day, with meals.

Directions
Suggested Use: Adults and Children Over 12: 1 rounded teaspoon, 2 to 3 times a day. Children 6-12: 1/2 to 1 level teaspoon, 1 to 3 times a day.

Start by taking 1 serving each day. Gradually increase to 3 servings per day if needed. Stir powder briskly into at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of liquid. Drink immediately. Juice, water, soy or rice drink, and milk are all good with Psyllium Husks Powder. For easiest mixing, shake in a closed jar. If product is too thick when consuming, add more liquid and stir. Drinking additional liquid is helpful. If minor gas or bloating occurs, reduce the amount you take until your system adjusts. Use every day for best results.

I take tsp in am coffee and tsp in juice/water b4 bed.

From the directions of my Yerba Prima Psyllium bought from Vitacost...there are many options available almost everywhere.

Take daily for best digestive health.
Pure psyllium fiber, non additives.
Great fiber supplement for low carb, high protein and gluten-free diets.
Promotes regularity.
Great for weight loss and weight maintenance.
Wonderful for smoothies and baking.
Yerba Prima
Psyllium Husks for Regularity and Colon Health: Psyllium husks promote easy, healthy elimination and sweep waste out of the colon more quickly. Psyllium husks provide gentle fiber to soothe and normalize the bowel when there is discomfort. To maintain regularity and colon health, take 1 to 3 servings a day, with meals or between meals.
Yerba Prima Psyllium Husks for Weight Maintenance: Dietary fiber plays an important role in weight loss and maintaining healthy weight. High fiber foods like psyllium husks help promote satiety (a feeling of fullness). To support weight maintenance, take 1 to 3 servings a day, shortly before meals or with meals.

Yerba Prima Psyllium Husks for Heart Health: To help support heart health, take 2 servings a day, with meals.

Directions
Suggested Use: Adults and Children Over 12: 1 rounded teaspoon, 2 to 3 times a day. Children 6-12: 1/2 to 1 level teaspoon, 1 to 3 times a day.

Start by taking 1 serving each day. Gradually increase to 3 servings per day if needed. Stir powder briskly into at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of liquid. Drink immediately. Juice, water, soy or rice drink, and milk are all good with Psyllium Husks Powder. For easiest mixing, shake in a closed jar. If product is too thick when consuming, add more liquid and stir. Drinking additional liquid is helpful. If minor gas or bloating occurs, reduce the amount you take until your system adjusts. Use every day for best results.

I take tsp in am coffee and tsp in juice/water b4 bed.
Thanks, bzmazu.

serling78

I do this 3 times a day. Basically before every meal. It doesn't fix the problem, but it at least allows me to function. For me it allows me to have a minimum acceptable level of digestion. I would be worse off without it (I've experimented a lot over the past year and a half) but I'm definitely not doing cartwheels about the results.

I do this 3 times a day. Basically before every meal. It doesn't fix the problem, but it at least allows me to function. For me it allows me to have a minimum acceptable level of digestion. I would be worse off without it (I've experimented a lot over the past year and a half) but I'm definitely not doing cartwheels about the results.
What do you mean by acceptable digestion? Are you referring mainly to the large intestine( constipation), or does it do other good things for you?

B

Braveheart

Huh???

I supplement about 60 grams of inulin fiber a day, it is so sweet, I can't stop eating it. I went mostly plant based. From animals I only eat egg yolks every day and from time to time oysters with beef liver.
Do you have any bloating eating that much fiber? Also, how many bowel movements do you have per day?

serling78

???

He basicly says it helps him but it does not solve the issue.
Haha right. Not sure where the confusion lies.

It's like if you lost your leg and the doctor gave you a wooden peg. Yeah that's the bare minimum for a leg replacement I guess, but it doesn't solve all your problems. You'd rather have a nice lightweight prosthetic and be able to easily stand, walk, run, etc.

And I know, that analogy was amazing...

serling78

What do you mean by acceptable digestion? Are you referring mainly to the large intestine( constipation), or does it do other good things for you?
I'm referring to it keeps me from being so constipated that I only poop tiny hard pellets. The psyllium husk powder helps me to have bowel movements but I never feel like I've had a complete evacuation. I still feel bloated and constipated even with having more frequent bowel movements.

miquelangeles

I supplement about 60 grams of inulin fiber a day, it is so sweet, I can't stop eating it. I went mostly plant based. From animals I only eat egg yolks every day and from time to time oysters with beef liver.

Promotion of intestinal tumor formation by inulin is associated with an accumulation of cytosolic β‐catenin in Min mice​

Error - Cookies Turned Off

Promotion of adenoma growth by dietary inulin is associated with increase in cyclin D1 and decrease in adhesion proteins in Min/+ mice mucosa​

Promotion of adenoma growth by dietary inulin is associated with increase in cyclin D1 and decrease in adhesion proteins in Min/+ mice mucosa

Dysregulated Microbial Fermentation of Soluble Fiber Induces Cholestatic Liver Cancer​

DEFINE_ME

Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) and Galactooligosaccharide (GOS) Increase Bifidobacterium but Reduce Butyrate Producing Bacteria with Adverse Glycemic Metabolism in healthy young population​

Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) and Galactooligosaccharide (GOS) Increase Bifidobacterium but Reduce Butyrate Producing Bacteria with Adverse Glycemic Metabolism in healthy young population

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

a little update.
i have quid coriander a little time ago. 2 a 3 teaspoons every day was quite expensive.
i also wanted to try eat fiber free because i always got the rumble's from it. Not sure if this a sign of irritating intestine of just air bubbles or something?
So i am now experimenting with olive oil because sat fat does not work for me, and then later i put some coriander back to my diet i think.
see what happens.