a tip for constipation or slow transit time

serling78

I buy aged extracts and you add hot water to the powder. A dose could be 800mg for example. So the powders come with scoops to dose the amount you want to take. Life Giving Store sell one on this site. Health Natura do one, but their powder isn’t great at dispersing into the liquid IIRC.
Thanks.. Is it this? I don't see the term aged extracts.

firebreather

So you must be going through several of these jars a month if you're using 2-3 grams a day.

Assuming that's the 7g jar that sell at amazon

That seems like quite a bit.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

@Hgreen56 What about frozen Coriander leaf, seems that would be most economical :):
I have never seen or heard frozen Coriander leaf in my life.
But the leaf in the little jars are indeed little expensive.
it is a cheaper solution If you buy them fresh and let them dry on a wall (when dry cut them with scissors)

iu

Mossy

I am on team Constipation as well. It has gotten a little better the last 6 months, but currently I’m having an episode. This coriander leaf is interesting. My question would be to ask if there is any change in body odor with consuming that much coriander leaf? I have the spice coriander and it is quite strong, though not necessarily unpleasant. Even so, it’s not a scent that I would wear like a cologne.

jet9

I have never seen or heard frozen Coriander leaf in my life.
But the leaf in the little jars are indeed little expensive.
it is a cheaper solution If you buy them fresh and let them dry on a wall (when dry cut them with scissors)

iu
Did you notice any effects on cognition?
I once tried eating about 100g of raw coriander and felt a bit stoned / foggy / unable to connect dots. Effects lasted for 2-3 hours and I was unable to do any work.
Here is somewhat related study (it used seed extract)

Starship

40 grams of fiber isn't a high fiber diet, I eat at least 150 grams of fiber a day.

Starship

I supplement about 60 grams of inulin fiber a day, it is so sweet, I can't stop eating it. I went mostly plant based. From animals I only eat egg yolks every day and from time to time oysters with beef liver.

Attachments

• cronometer.jpg
    cronometer.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 69

Maljam

I supplement about 60 grams of inulin fiber a day, it is so sweet, I can't stop eating it. I went mostly plant based. From animals I only eat egg yolks every day and from time to time oysters with beef liver.

I'm almost not sure if that is a troll or not. How long have you been eating that way?

Ben.

I don’t understand how cascara can not work for somebody. It has very clear and obvious effects on the gut. Saying that, I’ve never tried the capsules. Using it in tea form (the way it’s always traditionally been used) just seems kind of straight forward to me. Also, after experiencing the effects that liquids (like orange juice and strong coffee) can have on stimulating the bowel, that says to me that the tea ingestion method with cascara is the way it should be done. If you are going to take the capsules, at least wash it down with liquid, so it has the chance to disperse into the liquid ingested with it.

All i can say is that the brand i used (in capsules) did literally nothing even in increased dosages or taking it regulary for a week. Like it did nothing noticeable.

There could be something wrong with it, maybe the quality is bad or it was processed/aged wrong or i fell victim to a supplement not containing what it should.
Or it is just not what my body needs.

I'd like to try the coriander leafs. Apparantly in combination with clorella it has a strong chelating(?)/binding effect on heavy metals so this could play a role in your success OP which leads to improved cellular/body functioning -> perastalsis and/or a better gut microbiome makeup?

Just thinking out loud here. Fibers and laxatives seem to be a hit and miss for me. Sometimes they do nothing, sometimes they work.

schultz

Wow that's a lot of carotene!

@Vinero was saying OJ had a lot of carotene @ 500 IU's per cup but you're reaching half a million. A lot plus probably lost in the stool though.

Starship

Wow that's a lot of carotene!

@Vinero was saying OJ had a lot of carotene @ 500 IU's per cup but you're reaching half a million. A lot plus probably lost in the stool though.
This study shows that carotenoids are beneficial. I feel fine so far.
Dietary intake and blood concentrations of antioxidants and the risk of cardiovascular disease, total cancer, and all-cause mortality: a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies - PubMed
Anyway, Dr. Mike Lustgarten is crazy on carotene because it increases albumin levels which he thinks will help people to slow down aging. He is eating a lot of fiber, so I do that too.

Last edited:

Motif

i always had have some constipation and slow transic time troubles in my life and that was the first reason why i come here.

i tried al lot of things but nothing really helped me with it.
Thinks like:
- starch free (Ray's advice but didn't work)
- dairy free
- starch and dairy free at the same time.
- b vitamines like b1 (100-300mg a day) of niacinamide (500-1500mg a day)
- 30-80 gr gelatin a day (Ray's advice but didn't work)
- glycine
- bamboo shoots or carrot (Ray's advice but didn't work)
- increasing saturated fat.
- magnesium citrate
- pooping in a squat position
had all none effect.

My only solution was eat very high fiber diet (like 30-40 grams a day) but this was making my very bloat and gassy so i knew this was not right strategy for fighting constipation.

But now i am using dry coriander leafs and wow.... difference between day and night on the second day already.
I am now using 2-3 grams spread out over the day ( morning, afternoon, evening or morning and evening) and my stool become very soft.
Also my transit time is much better and pooping at least 3 times a day now. (normally i poop one time a 2 days, or one time a day if i was lucky)

Other supps that work but less is:
- magnesium oxide (1000mg spread out over the day (citrate did nothing for me, also not when taking 2 grams a day)
- ginger (1-3 grams spread out over the day)

But coriander leafs is a lot more effective and a real game changer for me and now i can ditch all other fiber rich foods without getting constipated again.
I am not sure why coriander has this effect on me.. but i guess someone here can explain it.
I know coriander has some detox effect on the liver and removing heavy metals out of the body but not sure this has anything to do with it?

View attachment 21076
Update ?

FitnessMike

I currently use cascara tincture, senna and prunes, ginger tea suppose to speed up transit but not strong enough for me, still use it tho, if you want a quick relief use 2 tsp of salt in water and drink on empty stomach

serling78

The coriander leafs didn't work for me. I saw no results. Also tried cascara but as with any other substance I ingest, the side effects make it unusable. It lead to two of my most common side effects, facial redness and libido issues.