A Sleep Expert Says We're All Getting Up Too Early

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
According to Paul Kelley, a sleep researcher at the University of Oxford, children between the ages of eight and 10 should start school no earlier than 8:30 a.m., 16-year-olds should start at or after 10 a.m., and 18-year-olds at 11 a.m or later.

Adults could benefit from a later start, too. People between the ages of 18 and 55 should be starting work at 10 a.m. or later, Kelley added.

The age range where we experience the most sleep deprivation is 14 to 24, when we get about two hours too little sleep per night. From age 24 to 30, we get about 1.5 hours too little, and from 30 to 55, we lose about an hour, Kelley told Business Insider. And the effects are cumulative. "Each day of sleep loss is added on to the next, until we have a chance to [sleep in]," Kelley said.
More at link: A sleep expert says we're all getting up too early — and reveals when school and work should start

Agent207

I see more credit on those who warn we got sleept to late due to habbits like too much TV, computers, tablets, blue light sources waaaay long after the sunset. We'd had that fixed better. Is the sun which should set up our day/night routine, not a clock on arbitrary time zones.

DankMemes

I lost my 9-5 job at the end of last year and have been working in a nightclub ever since.

Now that I start at night time I can sleep in till 1pm if I want, I never have to wake up to an alarm anymore.

I used to think I needed 7ish hours, but it turns out I sleep for 9-10 naturally. My recovery from the gym has improved and my overall well-being is better

Is the sun which should set up our day/night routine, not a clock on arbitrary time zones.

+1. If I don't get sunlight I have trouble sleeping that night.

DesertRat

As a college sophomore, I wouldn't take a class before 11 am. But I do prefer keeping in line with the hours of sunshine. Mornings are nice.

Birdie

Interesting subject. I find I'm hungrier when I don't get enough sleep. Usually I awaken around 5am. If I start the day though, my body begins to drag mid morning. Then, I crave extra food for energy. The food doesn't help and I feel awful.

Going back to sleep after a latte, even if it's just a doze, until 6:30 or 7 gives me a better day.

So, my head says to get up and get going early. The days I counteract that with more sleep my energy is much better.

Maretch

Always thought that i don't sleep enough and now that you've shared it I'm totally sure about it.
P.s: thanks for the info!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals