A Simple Introduction To Hypothyroidism

Zucker

This is so helpful I am just beginning to familiarize myself with the topic. So many of those symptoms apply to me. This forum has great information. I have been reading so much in recent weeks, and now decided to sign in.

OP
L

lollipop

This is so helpful I am just beginning to familiarize myself with the topic. So many of those symptoms apply to me. This forum has great information. I have been reading so much in recent weeks, and now decided to sign in.
Welcome @Zucker :welcome It blows me away how educated I have become from the brilliant contributors on this forum! Fabulous place to learn :):

yerrag

Great analysis of the subject. Just ignore the fish oil and cod liver oil recommendations...
Arrgghh. For sure. Ray Peat Forum is like Atlas carrying the whole weight of the fish oil-laden world! Fight!

Amazoniac

This guy insists that molybdenum is required for typhoid health:

- Healing Hashimoto’s - A Savvy Patients Guide

"I would look for the inclusion of selenium, manganese, and vanadium. A few newer ones such as vanadium, molybdenum, and chromium are important for those who have thyroid disease."​

- The Best Supplements for Hashimotos, Natural Treatment Diet and Nutrition | Dr. Alan Christianson

"There’s a lot of importance to many of these ultra-trace minerals and trace minerals. With thyroid disease, selenium’s is essential for your overall health regimen. Selenium is difficult to absorb [?]. Currently there is still a debate about how well selenium enters the bloodstream from supplements. Most of the data is on selenium glycinate complexes. It is selenium bound up with a carrier protein called glycine. It is easy to absorb, no big toxicity issues, very effective."

@chrismturner89 - In books you read that absorption is almost complete for organic selenium, but if this was true, you would barely feel that negative effect from a supplement. It's either more poorly absorbed that expected, or the intestines are infested.​

"You also want to get a few more exotic ones: vanadium, molybdenum, boron, manganese, all critical for building and utilizing thyroid hormones."​

- 7 Rare Nutrients Your Thyroid Needs To Survive | Dr. Alan Christianson

- Q: Do you have an opinion on Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome taking compounded T3? | Thyroid Reset Masterclass

"Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome is something that has killed people and I just can’t be more direct or straightforward about that. It’s just true. There are documented deaths."​