A simple, free way to feel great: laying on the ground and looking up at the sky

OccamzRazer

Lotsa geniuses and biochem wizards on this forum, which is most definitely a good thing!

From my perspective, however, such knowledge sometimes lends itself to complex solutions more than it lends itself to simple ones.

Here's a simple & free practice that produces immediate improvements, at least for me:

- Go outside, ideally wearing as little clothing as possible
- Lay down on your back on some grass or moss
- Look up near the sun (not at it, but near it)
- Appreciate the view as life slowly flows by!
- Empty your mind, then try filling it with thoughts of gratitude

Of course, this practice is dependant on your locale's weather. But try it if it's warm and sunny enough where you live!

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I like to do this, too. You can see some neat airplanes and birds. I have seen jets refueling while doing this. Also, clouds are great to watch as they change shape.
You are right that it is very relaxing.

Birdie

We drove through farms and countryside today and I loved watching the sky on the way home. Clouds blowing under clouds. Lots of sunshine. Yes, very relaxing. I said I wished I could see the sky like this at home. We are pretty close to other houses but I do sit outside sometimes. The sky view is not as good as it was on the drive today, but still worth it.

InChristAlone

I do this quite frequently in my backyard hammock the sky here is lovely usually bright blue and sometimes big puffy clouds.

Demyze

I had a doc give similar recommendations when recommending SSRI's

I think a much better way is to go somewhere pleasant that makes you feel nice and optimistic and write down issues and try to figure out solutions to them

I kind of despise the whole eastern religion empty your mind approach, I think its mentally ill - a high serotonin state

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I think a much better way is to go somewhere pleasant that makes you feel nice and optimistic and write down issues and try to figure out solutions to them

I kind of despise the whole eastern religion empty your mind approach, I think its mentally ill - a high serotonin state
Hmmm, well you could always empty your mind for a few moments, uncouple from prior perceptions, then begin trying to solve your issues!

Don

when weather permits it i love doing this, nothing like cloud watching as they drift by.

JamesGatz

I definitely agree - during the day and I like at night too - I remember in my short time living in the countryside I could just look up at the stars for hours - was very relaxing

kyhmil

I cowboy camp most nights. It’s amazing to sleep under the stars! Always felt it was therapeutic in many ways :)

Attachments

• 55461544-1C0D-4625-AA42-732C128C4638.jpeg
    55461544-1C0D-4625-AA42-732C128C4638.jpeg
    593.2 KB · Views: 16

Demyze

Hmmm, well you could always empty your mind for a few moments, uncouple from prior perceptions, then begin trying to solve your issues!
Emptying the mind is just a bunch of psuedo spiritual nonsense, the mind should be oriented and informed. But enjoy your navel gazing

bornamachine

Mu favorite is watching the starts or a clear night with full moon especially with a binocular, never ceases to amaze me

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Emptying the mind is just a bunch of psuedo spiritual nonsense, the mind should be oriented and informed. But enjoy your navel gazing
I'll try to enjoy it my friend...but I'll have to empty my mind of this hurtful comment first! ?

Lotsa geniuses and biochem wizards on this forum, which is most definitely a good thing!

From my perspective, however, such knowledge sometimes lends itself to complex solutions more than it lends itself to simple ones.

Here's a simple & free practice that produces immediate improvements, at least for me:

- Go outside, ideally wearing as little clothing as possible
- Lay down on your back on some grass or moss
- Look up near the sun (not at it, but near it)
- Appreciate the view as life slowly flows by!
- Empty your mind, then try filling it with thoughts of gratitude

Of course, this practice is dependant on your locale's weather. But try it if it's warm and sunny enough where you live!
I took your advice today, Occamz, and laid on my stone walk looking up at the sky. I thought the grass would make me itchy and the stone would "ground" me. It was nice having the cold stone on my back and feet, and the warmth of the sun on my face ahhhh.....

Attachments

• 20220118_132111.jpg
    20220118_132111.jpg
    634.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220118_132421.jpg
    20220118_132421.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220118_132223.jpg
    20220118_132223.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220118_131936.jpg
    20220118_131936.jpg