A Reversal On Public Opinion Of Fructose May Be Under Way

haidut

Forum Supporter
I know several people working on public policy and they are seeing signs that the anti-fructose trend is about to reverse. By "about to reverse" I mean 3-5 years, b/c that's how long it takes for public policy to start reflecting the "latest" research:):

http://advances.nutrition.org/content/4/2/246.long

"...This review challenges the fructose hypothesis by comparing normal U.S. levels and patterns of fructose intake with contemporary experimental models and looking for substantive cause-and-effect evidence from real-world diets. It is concluded that 1) fructose intake at normal population levels and patterns does not cause biochemical outcomes substantially different from other dietary sugars and 2) extreme experimental models that feature hyperdosing or significantly alter the usual dietary glucose-to-fructose ratio are not predictive of typical human outcomes or useful to public health policymakers. It is recommended that granting agencies and journal editors require more physiologically relevant experimental designs and clinically important outcomes for fructose research. "

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: A reversal on public opinion of fructose may be under wa

[glow=red]Ray Peat right again![/glow]​

J

j.

Re: A reversal on public opinion of fructose may be under wa

You might mean scholarly pedantic opinion, or know-it-all's.

When I go to the store I see almost all orange juices, sodas, etc. being sweetened with sugar. Not with stevia or something else. So people are consuming fructose, and the average person never really gave a damn about the warnings about sugar.

What would be significant is a massive reversal in public opinion about polyunsaturated fats and coconut oil.