A question about estrogen in dairy

dukez07

RP says that skimmed milk is great because any estrogens that accumalate, are always found in the fat of the milk.

Does this mean that cheese is full of this filth?

Assuming there is an answer to this, why is cheese ok?

Ben

A lot of people are lactose intolerant, and that's a good way to get calcium in that case. I'm not lactose intolerant because I don't have gas or abdominal pain from milk, but I easily get diarrhea from milk for some reason, so I eat cheese. I know it has those artificial enzymes and is high in fat content, but I'm not sure I have a better choice than it.

About the estrogens, it is a very miniscule amount compared to endogenously produced estrogen. The protein in cheese would reduce estrogenic activity by helping metabolize estrogens more than the estrogens increase it.

aguilaroja

Cheese has the trendiness and storage advantages for finding better quality sources. Cheese keeps longer, and because some shoppers are more selective about cheese, there are more local/regional varieties of less contaminated, organic, or good quality cheese.

Dr. Peat often responds to the context of the question, so the worry behind the question preceding his response may have been about safer sources of milk.

Mittir

aguilaroja said:
Dr. Peat often responds to the context of the question, so the worry behind the question preceding his response may have been about safer sources of milk.

In a recent thread this issue of estrogen in milk was discussed.
I remember the interview where a lady asked RP about estrogen in milk.
RP mentioned before that amount of estrogen in milk is very small
and there is small amount of thyroid and progesterone in milk to balance out the
effect of estrogen. He also believes that the ratio of progesterone to
estrogen matters more than the absolute value of estrogen.
But that lady was not convinced that small amount of estrogen in milk is safe.
Then RP suggested that removing fat will remove estrogen.
If someone believes that small amount of estrogen in milk
is harmful they can switch to low fat milk or low fat cheese.
Similarly RP recommended someone decaf coffee when she
mentioned that coffee raises cortisol. RP does not believe Caffeine
raises cortisol if there is sugar and fat in the coffee
or taken after meal. I have noticed that RP does not like convincing people
who are sure about their beliefs.

OP
D

dukez07

He does seem to have an answer for absolutely everything though, I find. It makes me wonder whether he will always have an answer for something, even if he is wrong about it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals