tallglass13

My 3a Diol G is super high for anyone that cares. Indomethacin is noted to block 3a HSD. so hopefully the Aspirin that @haidut just said a 500mg a pop is effective. I much rather take Aspirin.

tallglass13

Its funny that Finasteride lowers DHT to castration levels, only to be effect at not degrading to the unwanted metabolites.

In one of the studies it says that TT is a MAOI, but if it raises mostly Dopamine, does that means it's effects are mainly on MAO-B?

Aleeri

This thread sparked my curiosity on TT and I decided to do a 40 days cycle of the expensive Tribestan (1500mg per day) and if some effects in this time span, run it the full 3 months. Started yesterday.

It's strange how most of the people in this thread opted for trying a cheap TT extract. How would it make sense that the extracts considered market-leading all cost substantially more than for example bad monkey botanicals?

You get what you pay for, the quality raw materials all come from the same places, cheaper would be an indication of a poor/inferior product when it comes to herbs. Bad monkey botanicals also look sketchy to me at best, it's surprising some of you ordered from that place while reading the studies on products such as Tribestan.

Kram

Do not order from Bad Monkey Botanicals. I ordered tribulus from them a month ago and still haven't received and they are unresponsive to emails.

Ras

Do not order from Bad Monkey Botanicals. I ordered tribulus from them a month ago and still haven't received and they are unresponsive to emails.
I ordered from them once, and it took a long time to arrive. They were unresponsive to emails, too.

Ingenol

I ordered from them once, and it took a long time to arrive. They were unresponsive to emails, too.
Same. I will not order from them again and would definitely recommend avoiding Bad Monkey Botanicals.

Aleeri

I've been on Tribestan for 10 days now at max dose (the Tribulus extract used in most of the studies), it's clear it does something because my morning erections have basically increased 2-3x and they last very long now, almost annoying because I am basically walking around with an erection for quite a while if I get out of bed instantly. So the hormonal influence is clearly there.

Manufacturer of Tribestan recommends 3 months use so I will keep going with Tribulus, did not expect any noticeable effect until the 30 days mark but happy to see this.

Also for the people buying the cheap stuff, you're basically getting Asian Tribulus which contains close to zero Protodioscin, which is the compound we want for any hormonal effect. Don't waste your money on any other Tribulus then the Bulgarian one or one that actually provides exact levels of Protodioscin.

The Bad Monkey Botanicals one is clearly bull****, they advertise a >50% protodioscin extract, 50g (41 days at max dose 1200mg) for $15 - it's retarded that's what it is.

One box of Tribestan cost like $25-30 and it's only 15g and 45% protodioscin. Similar if you look around at the prices of other quality Bulgarian Tribulus products with confirmed protodioscin levels. It's impossible to get a month's worth below $30 anywhere.

If Bad Monkey Botanicals was a quality product I would buy their entire stock and resell it for a massive profit. It's ***t.

I have found a direct Bulgarian source that I am interested in, just placed an order for 2 months of extract powder (good price). Will get back to you guys what I think of it in comparison to Tribestan: https://vemoherb.com/solid-life/bul...ical-comparison-tribulus-terrestris-products/

Aleeri

I ordered some from bulksupplements (after noticing mine had silica) and they sent it the next day. Pretty cheap too.

You might be interested to know that the BulkSupplements Tribulus contains not many % Protodioscin: BulkSupplements Pure Tribulus Terrestris Capsules - Forums

Like always in the supplement world, you get what you pay for. I am convinced people would have a better view on supplements in general if there were less bull**** manufacturers out there.

Hugh Johnson

You might be interested to know that the BulkSupplements Tribulus contains not many % Protodioscin: BulkSupplements Pure Tribulus Terrestris Capsules - Forums

Like always in the supplement world, you get what you pay for. I am convinced people would have a better view on supplements in general if there were less bull**** manufacturers out there.
Thanks. I wonder, what is the other stuff in the extract, is it in any way useful and how much do I need to take to get an effect?

Aleeri

COA of that it's probably crap in my view.

They did HPLC for protodioscin but do not actually include the results (it should be a graph hplc graph - Google Search), which makes it look bad. Also, the number is very exactly as specified.

It also says it's from Tribulus fruit and made in China which makes it likely to be low on protodioscin. Price also suggests so in my view.

An analytical investigation in 1998 of 20 Tribulus preparations, most available for sale in the USA, found insufficient levels of furostanol saponins in the majority of products except a Bulgarian Tribulus leaf product.14 Many Tribulus products on the market are quite different in phytochemical profile from the Bulgarian extract. A study conducted in the USA in late 2001 found that the level of protodioscin varied substantially with the plant part (leaf, stem or fruit) and the origin of the Tribulus (Bulgaria, India or China). Only leaf from Bulgaria was high in protodioscin. An analysis of three products selected from the US market found substantial levels of protodioscin only in the product manufactured in Bulgaria. The other two samples (one of which contained Tribulus fruit) were deficient in protodioscin.15

Protodioscin - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

The more time I spend researching this the more clear it becomes that the plant is effective, it is just that the majority of stuff on the market is crap and even researchers conducting studies are not aware that Tribulus from different growing conditions and countries can have different effects. I think that's why there are some studies showing positive effects while others show nothing.

People need to treat herbal supplements in the same way they treat their food, make sure it comes from good conditions or you get poor quality.

Last edited:

Tbone107

COA of that it's probably crap in my view.

They did HPLC for protodioscin but do not actually include the results (it should be a graph hplc graph - Google Search), which makes it look bad. Also, the number is very exactly as specified.

It also says it's from Tribulus fruit and made in China which makes it likely to be low on protodioscin. Price also suggests so in my view.

Protodioscin - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

The more time I spend researching this the more clear it becomes that the plant is effective, it is just that the majority of stuff on the market is crap and even researchers conducting studies are not aware that Tribulus from different growing conditions and countries can have different effects. I think that's why there are some studies showing positive effects while others show nothing.

People need to treat herbal supplements in the same way they treat their food, make sure it comes from good conditions or you get poor quality.
Hi Aleeri, what is the brand and where do you get your tribestan from? Are you taking 6 pills a day of it?

Aleeri

Hi Aleeri, what is the brand and where do you get your tribestan from? Are you taking 6 pills a day of it?

I bought it on Ebay directly from Bulgaria, it comes in Bulgarian retail packaging:
TRIBESTAN BY SOPHARMA Original Booster Tribulus Terrestris 60 caps herba extract | eBay

Yes I am taking it at 6 pills per day, will be doing 40 days in total of it at that dosage.

It's kinda too expensive at 6 pills a day to be able to keep up long term, unless results are really good at day 40 and I might consider.

But that's why I researched this other Bulgarian source called Vemoherb which seems equally good on paper but at a better price. Hoping they will match.

So far libido is clearly increased too. Unfortunatly I started Icariin 60% the other day too so will kinda get results mixed together, but I have to save time. Will be running Tribulus and Icarrin for a total of 3 months and don't have time to span it 6 months and do individually. I'm mainly researching ingredients for a libido/sexual performance stack and these two are among the best I found on paper that works in both sexes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals